Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:18 PM

380 posts, read 1,230,038 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I'm 25 been married for 5 years and my wife wants me to move out because we are no longer compatible and we have grown apart from each other. She is heavy into the bar scene and she has friends which are like that too and it sucks. We have tried to get along but we can't. It's gotten to the point where she has random guys texting her and she hides her phone from me . It really hurts me to live like this everyday and I love her so much I put up with the guy thing. We have no children and we both make about the same. But I love her but she says we need to separate so she can "find" herself. Has anyone gone through this before? I'm having a really hard time in the thought losing her and havying to move into an apartment. Can someone te'll me there is a light at the end of the tunnel? I'm sry if I sound negative. I'm just hurt and I don't think the worst part has come yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 11:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
Hey guys I'm 25 been married for 5 years and my wife wants me to move out because we are no longer compatible and we have grown apart from each other. She is heavy into the bar scene and she has friends which are like that too and it sucks. We have tried to get along but we can't. It's gotten to the point where she has random guys texting her and she hides her phone from me . It really hurts me to live like this everyday and I love her so much I put up with the guy thing. We have no children and we both make about the same. But I love her but she says we need to separate so she can "find" herself. Has anyone gone through this before? I'm having a really hard time in the thought losing her and havying to move into an apartment. Can someone te'll me there is a light at the end of the tunnel? I'm sry if I sound negative. I'm just hurt and I don't think the worst part has come yet.
The reality is, you married way too young. Apparently she was not finished growing up and going through the "party girl phase"

I am so sorry for your pain, but you need to look out for yourself now.

Remember, love does not look like this!

And the truth is, the only person you can control in this situation is yourself. She is going to do whatever she wants to do, sad to say.

You can try to convince her to go to marriage counseling with you, but I'm betting she'll reject that idea.

Turn to people in your life whom you trust - parents, a minister, a best friend - someone who you can lean on and get support from, and come up with a plan of action okay?

Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
You really need to move on with your life and do it now. She has made it perfectly clear she does not want to be married any longer so seek whatever professional help you need to get past this most painful time in your life. Move quickly though and get that divorce, if she is having sex with others and gets pregnant while you are still married you could end up being financially responsible for a child who is not yours for the next 18 years.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
^^No. Come on, with the moving on, you can't just move on...they've been together for five years. That's way too much work to just be like"...rough patch, time to move on.." Together forever through the highs and the lows...this is a low.

My suggestion will be cliched, you need to talk to her. Have what might very well be the last real conversation you have with her, and go from there.

I do agree though that getting married young...it can be hard.

Hopefully you can work it out.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:53 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,781 times
Quote:
Hey - that sounds familiar!

I'm going through something similar.

Just realize that there are other women out there, and FORCING a relationship with one isn't the best solution. If she's unwilling to pursue marriage counseling, or to listen to you and come back to the marriage - there's really nothing you can do.

The worst thing you can do, is guilt her into stopping her behavior, having her harbor her feelings and build resentment - then after wasting more of your life on her - be faced with the same situation, but this time with children involved.

Sometimes it's best to view it as a blessing, and the chance to find the woman deserving of your time, who WANTS a future with you. That's the person you want to have children and grow old with...

And I'm right there with ya, looking for my own apartment as well..

Old 08-28-2012, 12:18 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,648 times
Quote:
She is heavy into the bar scene and she has friends which are like that too she has random guys texting her and she hides her phone from me . We have no children she says we need to separate so she can "find" herself. Can someone te'll me there is a light at the end of the tunnel?
She wants to get drunk and have sex with other men. She is bored doing the married thing.

Best thing you can do is let her go, let her get it out of her system. Nothing you say will change her mind.

Be thankful that you don't have children. The pain of being separated from your children would destroy any man.

She would also get child support $500 -$700 each kid while she goes out getting drunk and banging different guys.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that you're still young and have a lot of life to live. Consider yourself lucky.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:19 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
Quote:
She's a wh*re.

You should have sex with one of her friends (make sure it's a friend that is significantly hotter than she is). Let her catch you in the act.

Captain Jack

Old 08-28-2012, 12:41 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
You can't "make" you wife want to stay with you. Certainly I think you two need to sit down and have a serious talk and you need to tell her how much you love her, but the fact is, if she doesn't want to be with you anymore there is not much you can do about it. I am sorry you are going through this. I know right now it feels like you'll never be happy again or never find anyone else that loves you, but that is not the case. If she doesn't want to be with you then move on with you life and stay busy.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
different lifestyles...
its probably not going to work out in any way you want just because of this fact.

your light is you can now move on with life and find someone who is completely compatible with you. view this as a new start, NOT and ending

g'luck

Old 08-28-2012, 07:45 AM

380 posts, read 1,230,038 times
Well im 25, I want children and I know that once we do divorce, it will tear me up and I just believe that all people my age arent ready for kids or dosent want any. Im low paid but im really good to my wife and I guess she got bored with the way I was. I just didnt do enough I guess. Its still very hurtful to do these things to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships