Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 09:54 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh, maybe...but if you're looking for a serious, long term relationship are you going to find decent women showing off your muscles? I find it no different than women posting pictures up in lingerie or skin revealing outfits then complaining that they can't find any good men to commit.

I don't take men who post shirtless pics (or pics where it's really obvious that they're just showing off) seriously and wouldn't really consider them for a LTR.
That was a typo on my behalf. I wrote "should", but I meant to put "shouldn't."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 09:55 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Or you can win the lottery & not worry about how you look. I like how you believe all women are so hooked who look like models. Then again being perfect I guess you don't have to worry about it.
Look, like it or not, that's how online dating usually works. Women size guys up within 10-15 seconds (usually by looking at a guys pics and maybe the first few lines of his written profile overview) and decide if they are interested or not. They aren't going to get to know you if they don't find you attractive physically. None of the things I mentioned require plastic surgery, but they do require some hard work, persistence, and a little bit of money.

No one said you have to play the game, but if you don't play the game, you can't win.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:30 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Look, like it or not, that's how online dating usually works. Women size guys up within 10-15 seconds (usually by looking at a guys pics and maybe the first few lines of his written profile overview) and decide if they are interested or not. They aren't going to get to know you if they don't find you attractive physically. None of the things I mentioned require plastic surgery, but they do require some hard work, persistence, and a little bit of money.

No one said you have to play the game, but if you don't play the game, you can't win.

IF that is the case then they are going to grow old alone. IF.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:02 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
IF that is the case then they are going to grow old alone. IF.
That is right. Lot of them stay single for life and no guy looks at them anymore. Hop into the retirement forum, there is a sticky thread for women who are lonely and old.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:21 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post

Some of that is because of ethnicity preference from what I understand. Some sites give you the option of displaying on your profile which ethnicity you'd prefer to send or get responses from.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:29 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Some of that is because of ethnicity preference from what I understand. Some sites give you the option of displaying on your profile which ethnicity you'd prefer to send or get responses from.
The fact is we all have preferences on ethnicity and some of the men who I rejected were from ethnic groups I don't date. That's why I think it is essential to state on a profile what we are open to. For example I am generally not open to Middle Eastern and Indian men and will reject them off the bat UNLESS they are American and Christian. Sounds horrible, but I have had horrible experiences with both so I avoid. They have a different culture, they have different views and we would clash. Now if they are American and Christian this is another story but most I have come across aren't either. I'm not saying they would be bad guys just not for me.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
That is right. Lot of them stay single for life and no guy looks at them anymore. Hop into the retirement forum, there is a sticky thread for women who are lonely and old.
I would rather be "lonely and old", then hook up with some loser who needs me to support him, cook for him, clean up after him, and organize his life. Perfectly happy, alone and drama free.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times
Quote:
Online dating seems to be worse then meeting someone out & about. I would think you have a much better shot at making an impression then you do online. You have one shot to impress someone with your bio if they read it. Talking to some in person you can guage the persons reaction to how they see you or if they are intrested. Hard to do online though a computer screen. I hate sending a message & not even geting an FU. At least out in the real world I'll get some type of response.
How comfortable/social/willing to approach are you in person? I agree that online dating is low yield for men but, if you contact enough women, you may get some interest in return (I've heard it described as 6 hours for a cup of coffee).

The reason I ask is that online dating maybe a good venue for you if you're shy in person. Don't let online dating get you down... it can be demoralizing, but it demoralizing but lack-of-success is the norm not the exception.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I would rather be "lonely and old", then hook up with some loser who needs me to support him, cook for him, clean up after him, and organize his life. Perfectly happy, alone and drama free.
I rejected a man who expected the wife to be submissive and do all the cooking and cleaning. When I told someone this they told me I shouldn't be so picky and I will end up alone. Let's see would I prefer cooking and cleaning for myself (and my dog, cat and bird)or would I like to cook and clean for some man who expects it because I am a woman? hmmm, I think I prefer being single.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
How comfortable/social/willing to approach are you in person? I agree that online dating is low yield for men but, if you contact enough women, you may get some interest in return (I've heard it described as 6 hours for a cup of coffee).

The reason I ask is that online dating maybe a good venue for you if you're shy in person. Don't let online dating get you down... it can be demoralizing, but it demoralizing but lack-of-success is the norm not the exception.

I can be a social butterfly if I want I grew up working in night clubs & I got my gift of gab from my dad.
I hate the bar scene though I tend to meet women out while grocery shopping & such. Just been off my game after my divorice & this last.. um thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships