Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 05:01 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I get you, I'm not very photogenic, so I usually like to pre approve pics of myself, (not at all a control freak,)to be posted by others.. I have pics where I actually think, goody, a nice one and some that only my mother could have looked upon lovingly, I don't like most of my pictures.
Same here. I hate when people ask for pics. Since I've dropped weight I'm a little more comfortable with it, but I still have that chubby mentality. I will probably always see myself that way...

Old 12-09-2012, 05:02 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
It's private. Most of mine are as well, think only two of mine are public, only made those two public when we were doing the what do you look like and just left them out, because last time I erased public ones, the comments got erased too.
LOL, her pic is of her when she was probably 5 or 6. She looks cute as a button......

Old 12-09-2012, 05:07 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I grew up in the 80's.... graduated HS in 87. Back then me and my buddies were all into the 80's hair bands. We thought we were so cool..... rocking the big hair....... LOL

I always thought that of all the decades that the 70's were the goofiest.

After consideration, it truly has to be the 80's.... Big hair metal/rock bands in particular.

Just look at the group Poison.

I rest my case.

It's sad to look back and be made fun of..... LOL The media just slams the 80's for it's cheesiness.

I have a friend that just rags on the 80's.... I love the cheesiness and all that was then........
I don't like the 70's as much, but love to revisit 80's. Loved poison G&R van halen, and other groups from that era. You better Jump.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Same here. I hate when people ask for pics. Since I've dropped weight I'm a little more comfortable with it, but I still have that chubby mentality. I will probably always see myself that way...
I get you there. I will always be the fattie...LOL

I take terrible pics too UNLESS they are spontaneous and I don't know it's being taken, which is rare.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:25 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

I take terrible pics too UNLESS they are spontaneous and I don't know it's being taken, which is rare.
Hehee. My pictures aren't horrible but they aren't what I want them to be. My eyes always zero in on the smallest flaws that no one else would pay attention to. The guy I'm dating now took a few pics of me last month and they were actually OK. Maybe by the time I'm 50 I just won't care.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,257 times
Quote:

Oh man, this is so me!

I am the great ruiner of photos.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
I'm awful at pictures. I often try to avoid them like the plague.

If only could be like Neil Patrick Harris, in that he always looks good when he takes pictures?

Anyone catch that episode of How I met your mother? lol

Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Quote:

It's funny, I know I'm fat, and will be the first person to call myself such, but I don't have a fatty mentality, whatever that is, I will joke about my body, not proud of my weight gain, but when I look in the mirror, I morph into a svelte chickadee. Think I have dismorphia to some degree that makes me see myself the way I want to, that is till I see some photos someone else post on their website. LOL, Yep, I'm on a site at a hotel beach party dancing and won't give that link to you guys so don't ask. I look humongous in that video.

Did you ladies become heavier once you reached adulthood or in your childhood years. And Sixy, I've seen your pick, not one fat thing about you pretty lady. I didn't become really fat till later in life after many tragedies and using food as a crutch, so I still have my sexy gal head space and haven't ever let anyone in my life that would treat me otherwise. I'm just wondering when did the fatty thing start to stick in your head. For me the weight hasn't ever inhibited my dating life, so maybe that too is why I don't internalize it. But it's probably good, I'm over weight, because if I had been back to my earlier weight of my 20's for the past 20 years or so years, I might have been much more dangerous than what I was. I'm so kidding. I've been such a good girl.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:50 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
As Chow said I don't like taking photos of myself either, much less having my picture taken. If someone is pointing a camera in my direction I become very aware of their presence. Occasionly I get in the spirit for a gathering but I really don't care to see my mug plastered all over FB.
My wife & I don't have very many photos of us together and we don't carry photos of each other.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:53 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
I sprouted 2 gray hairs a few weeks ago...of course I plucked them out.

However, when I get a bunch more I'm going to dye my hair red. I love red hair...wish I was born with it!
My wife is strawberry blond and you can't see any of her grey unless the lighting is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships