Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 07:42 AM

502 posts, read 718,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
This is the stupidest thing I ever heard. It's easy to get most girls in their 20's. Even the hotter ones, it's not THAT hard.

I'm 25 and I've hooked up with and dated girls all over the spectrum, age-wise (from 18-40).
It is not stupid, it's been documented: The New Dating Game | The Weekly Standard

Perhaps it sounds stupid to you because you are part of that insulated upper 20%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 08:14 AM

502 posts, read 718,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
and older men are more desirable because of money, resources?
Well of course they are. Somewhere around the late 20s/early 30s the pendulum naturally swings in favor of the single male population since men at this age are developing their careers, making more money, have more life experience, conviction, confidence, etc. Sound familiar? These are the things that women are attracted to! It's really quite simple: men judge women heavily by their looks. When do women look their best? Men (and women) tend to agree that it's the 20s. Women want men for things like financial security and experience/conviction. Do men in their 20s have these things going? Ummm, not exactly. But with age comes wisdom. Hence, things change after 30-ish: the women are past their physical prime and the men are making more money, who do you think gets the better deal from here? This is why I've often wondered why most men settle down and marry in their 20s rather than waiting until their peak years of desireability when they will have the most dating options, which is usually the 30s. Many women nowdays are playing the field all through their peaking 20s, then settle down with a man just before 30. Why shouldn't men do the same and maximize their single life and settle down at the peak of their desireability?

Old 09-27-2012, 12:36 PM

190 posts, read 305,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
Well of course they are. Somewhere around the late 20s/early 30s the pendulum naturally swings in favor of the single male population since men at this age are developing their careers, making more money, have more life experience, conviction, confidence, etc. Sound familiar? These are the things that women are attracted to! It's really quite simple: men judge women heavily by their looks. When do women look their best? Men (and women) tend to agree that it's the 20s. Women want men for things like financial security and experience/conviction. Do men in their 20s have these things going? Ummm, not exactly. But with age comes wisdom. Hence, things change after 30-ish: the women are past their physical prime and the men are making more money, who do you think gets the better deal from here? This is why I've often wondered why most men settle down and marry in their 20s rather than waiting until their peak years of desireability when they will have the most dating options, which is usually the 30s. Many women nowdays are playing the field all through their peaking 20s, then settle down with a man just before 30. Why shouldn't men do the same and maximize their single life and settle down at the peak of their desireability?
I've heard this before from a lot of older men. They called it the power shift and said that men peak later on. It sounds great for 30+ men who did eventually make a lot of money, but if you don't make money in your 30's you may as well give up and lose out completely. So money is basically everything.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:53 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,154,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
I've heard this before from a lot of older men. They called it the power shift and said that men peak later on. It sounds great for 30+ men who did eventually make a lot of money, but if you don't make money in your 30's you may as well give up and lose out completely. So money is basically everything.
Yeah, I read something very similar in a fashion magazine not too long ago. But as the editor mentioned, there are exceptions like blue-collar men or laborers. Not everyone makes a lot of money. You'd be surprised, it is more expensive to live in the largest cities but there are quite a few men in my area that had no college degree, barely any salary, and just work at a couple of companies their whole lives.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:52 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,608,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
but some women disagree that it gets harder for them as they get older, they don't think or believe in the power shift, are these women delusional?

Old 09-27-2012, 11:43 PM

60 posts, read 122,013 times
I have been somewhat consumed by the questions posed in this thread over the past several months. I am 27 years old and a virgin. Lately, my lack of experience has been making me feel like a complete and utter loser. I am also pretty undeveloped professionally and work as a security guard earning $11 an hour. Ugh. I hate myself and I hate life.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post
I have been somewhat consumed by the questions posed in this thread over the past several months. I am 27 years old and a virgin. Lately, my lack of experience has been making me feel like a complete and utter loser. I am also pretty undeveloped professionally and work as a security guard earning $11 an hour. Ugh. I hate myself and I hate life.
do you think for every male virgin there is, there is a female virgin out there?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:12 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,855,841 times
Quote:
do you think for every male virgin there is, there is a female virgin out there?
Hi WantToHaveALife--

No.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi WantToHaveALife--

No.
yeah i'm pretty sure there are more male virgins out there than female virgins

Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 AM

60 posts, read 122,013 times
Quote:
Hard to say.

But judging from myself: I'm a non-obese average looking man. My female equivalent -- a non-obese average looking woman -- would have had, by this point in her life, hundreds or thousands of men who wanted to sleep with her, whatever personality issues she's had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships