Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,015,548 times

Advertisements

Where did the misconception, that most women want money from men come from?

Sure you have some women who are straight up gold diggers but there are only a few of them.

I interact with alot of women and I have to say having a ton of money isn't a priority.
Making good or decent money is but even then that falls short to more important qualities like personality, physical attractiveness and the ability to keep them on their toes.

So where did the misconception come from? Magazines, movies, Television, articles on the Internet?

Old 09-06-2012, 04:21 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
The long list of embittered men posting on this site?

Old 09-06-2012, 04:35 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Honestly neither money nor looks matter to me at all. Sure in the past both did, I won't deny it but that was because I was superficial and immature. I'm talking early 20s. Now? I couldn't care less whether he has money or doesn't. I don't need a man to support me. Right now I am struggling and he might be struggling (depending on who I date) so I would suggest cheap dates like going to the state park or walking or even coming over to watch movies. The guy I like owns a business but I don't think he's swimming in money, from what he has told my father is he's just making enough to turn a small profit.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:39 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post

Or the ones who look for their "girlfriends" on Craig's List

Old 09-06-2012, 04:43 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times
It came about because the certain percentage of men that run into gold diggers then turn around and lay the blame on ALL women.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:51 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Where did the misconception, that most women want money from men come from?

Sure you have some women who are straight up gold diggers but there are only a few of them.

I interact with alot of women and I have to say having a ton of money isn't a priority.
Making good or decent money is but even then that falls short to more important qualities like personality, physical attractiveness and the ability to keep them on their toes.

So where did the misconception come from? Magazines, movies, Television, articles on the Internet?
There is this misconception that all men want is sex, men have no heart, etc. There is this misconception that women just want to get into a man's wallet. Both hold certain truth behind it unfortunately.

The misconception comes from how women call men a loser if he doesn't have a career, do not have a car, live with the parents, use coupons when dating, do not pay for a date, does not buy an engagement ring, and so on. Money is needed for all that and if men don't have it, tough luck. What woman would want to be with a man like that or go introduce him to her girlfriends and her family?

Old 09-06-2012, 04:52 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
It came about because the certain percentage of men that run into gold diggers then turn around and lay the blame on ALL women.
I guess this is the same reason why women who run into guys who just want sex say that ALL MEN just want sex, right?

Old 09-06-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
There is this misconception that all men want is sex, men have no heart, etc. There is this misconception that women just want to get into a man's wallet. Both hold certain truth behind it unfortunately.

The misconception comes from how women call men a loser if he doesn't have a career, do not have a car, live with the parents, use coupons when dating, do not pay for a date, and so on. Money is needed for all that and if men don't have it, tough luck. What woman would want to be with a man like that or go introduce him to her girlfriends.
That would explain it.

But don't you think men over focus on the high maintenance women too much and catogorize all women into that high maintenance catogory.

I met alot of women who will willingly pay for the date, put gas in your car,and buy you a pair of shoes as a present.

My best friends girls is fine as all heck. 9/10 and their relationship is 50/50.

I also think its depends on the guy too. One guy would get used if money is all that he can offer and the other guy would get spoiled if he has more to offer then just money.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Their obsessed with the high maintenance demographic of women. There so focused on them when not all women are like that.

As a matter of fact only a small portion of women are like that.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I guess this is the same reason why women who run into guys who just want sex say that ALL MEN just want sex, right?
Thats because all guys do want just sex.

j/k of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships