Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:20 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times

Advertisements

Hm. I don't know if this was "love at first sight" but my cousin was a very troubled young man. He'd had a very rough childhood and was totally self-destructing because he saw no future for himself, despite the fact that he has an amazing brain. What he WAS good at back then was chasing tail - women would just drop their panties for him on a single glance. It was kind of ridiculous.

Then one day I came into the kitchen of his parents' home and he looked up from the lunch he was making and smiled at me in a way I had not seen him do in years. "Jrz, I found her. I found the one," he says to me.

I don't believe in destiny, fate, magical sky gods or anything like that. But I do believe that certain people can spur us to make amazing transformations, and I do believe that there are defining moments in one's life. A decade later, he is happily married and devoted to his wife and their amazingly well-behaved and brilliant children. He runs his own thriving business, lives in a lovely home and is a respected member of the community (I jokingly call him "Mr. Mayor" when we go out together due to all the handshakes that take place).

I don't think his wife changed him, but she represented possibilities and a future he had never contemplated before. She gave him the reason he needed to change his life, and if he didn't know it at first sight, he did shortly after they met.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 08:05 PM

49 posts, read 51,518 times
Oh WOW, this was very touching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Hm. I don't know if this was "love at first sight" but my cousin was a very troubled young man. He'd had a very rough childhood and was totally self-destructing because he saw no future for himself, despite the fact that he has an amazing brain. What he WAS good at back then was chasing tail - women would just drop their panties for him on a single glance. It was kind of ridiculous.

Then one day I came into the kitchen of his parents' home and he looked up from the lunch he was making and smiled at me in a way I had not seen him do in years. "Jrz, I found her. I found the one," he says to me.

I don't believe in destiny, fate, magical sky gods or anything like that. But I do believe that certain people can spur us to make amazing transformations, and I do believe that there are defining moments in one's life. A decade later, he is happily married and devoted to his wife and their amazingly well-behaved and brilliant children. He runs his own thriving business, lives in a lovely home and is a respected member of the community (I jokingly call him "Mr. Mayor" when we go out together due to all the handshakes that take place).

I don't think his wife changed him, but she represented possibilities and a future he had never contemplated before. She gave him the reason he needed to change his life, and if he didn't know it at first sight, he did shortly after they met.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:09 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I have heard tons of "love at first sight" stories.
What about 'love at first fight' stories?

Old 09-13-2012, 08:13 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
So did he also say: She's a tiger, she belong to me.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:16 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
It is lovely and I believe in love at first sight.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
This happened to my granddad. He was 18, and my grandma was 12. They lived in the same neighborhood and were from "rival" families. It is still a competition between the two families on who can have the biggest headstones! They are opposite sides of the cemetery (we have a family cemetery).

They got married when she was 18. And they were married for 62 years (my grandmother passed away from Alzheimer.) My granddad survived for another 4 years but was depressed after she passed.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:16 PM

840 posts, read 1,147,380 times
I don't believe in the "the one" thing. I think this is could probably be explained by how difference both of your MHC are and how fertile she is. Combined with good looks. Bam. The one.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyGirl88 View Post
Hey y'all, it's me again. Back with another question.

Is there anyone who knew that a certain woman would end up being their wife, as soon as you laid eyes on her? (not because of her beauty but something else about her grabbed you).
The night my ex-husband met me, he told his friend that he was with, that I was the girl he was going to marry. And of course, he did marry me.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:12 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
No that love at first sight thing is fake, guys think "wow thats the hottest woman ive ever seen" maybe once or twice a week. Then maybe one day they date and it pans out and you think its love at first sight in retrospect when you just wanted to jump her bones.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:24 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,152,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomenalaj View Post
no that love at first sight thing is fake, guys think "wow thats the hottest woman ive ever seen" maybe once or twice a week. Then maybe one day they date and it pans out and you think its love at first sight in retrospect when you just wanted to jump her bones.
Hmm!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships