Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2012, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 823 times

Advertisements

Please help me understand better what I am doing wrong if anything….
My name is Wayne and I am from the UK, I got divorced earlier this year after an acrimonious split from my ex-partner.

I fought a long battle in the UK courts to keep and build upon the good relationship that I have with my children, the UK doesn’t seem to look to kindly upon separated Fathers and as a consequence with the cost of it all I was made bankrupt and I lost my home.

During this time I began to see a friend of mine and it has developed into a loving caring relationship, it took me a whole 13 months to be allowed to introduce her to my children and my children now appear to have a good relationship with her.

I am mindful not to overbear my children with my new partner as I experienced this as a child myself, she has two small girls of similar age to my children and they all get on fine.

The problem I have at the moment is this, the girls appear to be going home to their mother and telling her things like, “when we see dad, she’s always there”, I really do find this hard to stomach as I don’t see my partner all that much when I have my kids and on occasions when I do I ask them first or they even ask me if she can come round, I understand why they are telling me one thing and their mother another, but its driving what already is a big stake even further between us.

I am worried that if it is indeed true what the girls are telling their mother is what they really feel, then how do I deal with this, I have been seeing my partner for 16 months and am looking next year to rent a house with her, I would hope I am still allowed contact with the girls if I do go ahead and move in with her, I still want my children to come and stay with me as much as they currently do.

How do I speak with the children, how do I broach the subject and get to the truth?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships