Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That's not Samantha. That was Endora, her crazy mother. Samantha was played by Elizabeth Montgomery who left this world too soon.

Unlike the dime-a-dozen Cameron Diazs and Michelle Pfeiffers of the screen, it seems like the blondes of yesteryear's cinema were more beautiful, more talented, and less "cloned." Here's a couple, including Elizabeth Montgomery.

http://greenobles.com/data_images/el...tgomery-09.jpg

This one's a Frenchy all the way. You wouldn't see her at Mall of America in Bloomington MN.

http://max-pix.com/data/media/4093/C...euve_01_03.jpg
I know that wasn't Samatha. But I was remembering how much I loved that show.

Elisabeth and the French lady are very pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 12:13 AM

112 posts, read 144,642 times
exoctic, means chick with dark skin and good looking.

only applies to white males though.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:39 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Elisabeth and the French lady are very pretty.
The French lady has a name - Catherine Deneuve. You might recognize the name.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:13 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Exotic basically means 'foreign'.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:17 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
yea, its just a relative term, and usually relative to the most common phenotype..

For some people, the last type of partner they want is the type of people they grew up with, so its a useful signal.

1,922 posts, read 3,986,842 times
I thought exotic meant looking something completely different than what you are.

You have a different look and no one knows your ethnic background from first glance or by guessing.

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Well, if one wanted to get technical, everyone except the Natives are from somewhere else. The US is a country built on immigration.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
For some people, the last type of partner they want is the type of people they grew up with, so its a useful signal.
This certainly describes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I thought exotic meant looking something completely different than what you are.
It's more relative to what's around you than what you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Well, if one wanted to get technical, everyone except the Natives are from somewhere else. The US is a country built on immigration.
If one wanted to get really technical, it's unlikely that human life developed in the Americas. So, even they are are foreign since they also migrated.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
This certainly describes me.

It's more relative to what's around you than what you are.

If one wanted to get really technical, it's unlikely that human life developed in the Americas. So, even they are are foreign since they also migrated.
Yes, we do love getting technical. I suppose if we go there, then we are all Africans.

Better polish my ebonics.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:23 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
This mostly pertains to online dating, but when a girl calls herself exotic because she's east asian/south asian/pacific islander/black/dominican/whatever, who exactly is she exotic to? An asian girl isn't exotic to an asian guy, for example.

So, if a girl calls herself this online, is it pretty much a given that she's simply trying to gain the attention of a white guy (probably an uncultured one at that)? I mean, in this day and age of diversity and mixed races, for me to call a girl exotic would be like admitting I haven't traveled the world and interacted with different types other than my own kind.

It just seems silly to me, being in LA, because there's so much diversity here. Your mileage may vary.

I wonder, do guys ever get called exotic?

A man, who was born and grew up somewhere other than the US and is now living in the US would seem exotic to me. And I think girls who emphasize "exotic" are trying to make themselves seem sexually intriguing and alluring. It just seems very superficial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships