Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:37 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't make any changes for my husband, not minor or major changes. If I am going to make changes it would be for myself, never for someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 04:41 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Anyone naive enough to think the Kanye-Kim K. relationship is remotely real is hopefully 15 years old.

No older.

This is a patently manufactured relationship, no different from Michael Jackson-Lisa Marie Presley, Kris Humphires-Kardashian "relationship," ad infinitum.

Both will have a signed contract and both get what they desperately crave: media attention and millions of dollars of revenue.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:07 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Lol I wouldn't change one single jot.

My last "relationship" was just getting off the ground, he was massaging me, being all lovey dovey, and he goes

"I could get so serious about you if you would just lose a bit of weight"

I snapped back

"and I could get serious about you if you would just grow a bigger dick"

needless to say, it was over before it started.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Oooh good question. I often think a potent measure of love is sacrifice and the less selfish a person is, the more they can sacrifice, and their love is more intense.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:36 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
So I saw this article about Kim K and Kanye. And well I was disappointed:
News Republic: Kanye tells Kim to Lose Weight

I mean wasn't Kanye the one all over Kim. Does he really think he can transform a woman who has built a brand on being a little "trashy" into someone classy? So instead of talking about Kim/Kanye, let's talk about ourselves.

It is time for a good question, what and how much would you cange for a partner. Would you lose weight? Change your body? Change your fashion choices? Change your friends? Change your career? Something else? Nothing?

And if you have changed for a relationship, what did you do?

Do you seriously believe that Kanye is classy?

Nothing on me has changed or will change FOR anyone but ME, I've lost 500 pounds to date and have about 40 more to lose but it is purely for myself, no one else. Don't like it, don't hang around I am as I am and it's good enough for me.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:42 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,478 times
He asks me to:

-Quit going to the gym. ""Peace out, brother."

-Stop leaving my clothes on the back of the chair. OK, I can do that.

-Quit hanging out with my guy friends. "Heck no!" *kicks him to the recycle bin & zipties it shut*

In short, I am willing to change irritating or less than endearing habits.

I refuse to change the core of who I am Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Do you seriously believe that Kanye is classy?

Nothing on me has changed or will change FOR anyone but ME, I've lost 500 pounds to date and have about 40 more to lose but it is purely for myself, no one else. Don't like it, don't hang around I am as I am and it's good enough for me.
500 pounds?????????

woah big girl.

Kanye west and KK are absolutely perfect for one another, both fame wh*res without a brain cell to call their own, I wish they would just go away, or someone would sprinkle salt on them and they'd curl up and shrivel away like snails.

If you stripped off all the make up and bs there'd be nothing left but a pile of clothes...ugly clothes at that.

why do people watch them? oh dont answer i dont wish to know.

they will get married next and have a test tube baby, everyone knows kanye is as camp as a row of tents.

she looks like an italian granma just waiting to bust out with the hips and the boobs and the mustache.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:49 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
500 pounds?????????

woah big girl.

Kanye west and KK are absolutely perfect for one another, both fame wh*res without a brain cell to call their own, I wish they would just go away, or someone would sprinkle salt on them and they'd curl up and shrivel away like snails.

If you stripped off all the make up and bs there'd be nothing left but a pile of clothes...ugly clothes at that.

why do people watch them? oh dont answer i dont wish to know.

they will get married next and have a test tube baby, everyone knows kanye is as camp as a row of tents.

she looks like an italian granma just waiting to bust out with the hips and the boobs and the mustache.

I haven't been a physically big girl for about 10 years now.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I haven't been a physically big girl for about 10 years now.
jeez i was thinking it was a typo.

you seriously were over 600lb?

wow. congrats on losing it, that mustve been a huge effort.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I doubt I'd change anything unless it was something I wanted to do anyway. I would not be in a serious relationship or marry someone that I did not accept "as is". I would not ever get married with the idea of changing that person, and I would expect the same of him. It is one thing if I want to change something, it is another when someone else tries to change me. How much can you love me if you want to change me, accept me as I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships