Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:45 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times

Advertisements

Sounds like me!! I'm girly...love makeup, fashion, hair, skincare, etc I don't even like taking out the trash or fixing my car. It's too manly for me. I wish I had a boyfriend to do it for me.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:48 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Default Men: What do you think of ultra feminine women?

As long as a broken nail doesn't send her to the ER she's OK by me!

Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
From what I've been seeing lately,at least in my area,are so many manly type women. Maybe they're just acting like the men around them but for interest purposes I'm not sure how many men want to be with manly women...unless the guys are just too dumb to care about dating and just want them to be like 'one of da guyz'...
And what is a 'manly' woman? Not spending hours in front of the mirror? Not wearing dresses and heels all the time? Having interests outside of knitting, sewing and cooking?

I've never really understood this 'manly' thing...women are simply following their own interests and not 'pretending' to like stuff they don't just for the sake of being considered feminine. Women are standing up for themselves instead of being 'weak' and 'delicate' and I also see nothing wrong with that.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
I just love it when guys talk about how much they just love ultra-feminine women yet they take issue with what it takes for a woman to achieve being ultra-feminine. When these men realize how much work it is, we get labeled as "high maintenance", materialistic and self absorbed.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Thats b/c we/they love it on the surface. Those of us with actual experience on the subject, realise the implications.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And what is a 'manly' woman? Not spending hours in front of the mirror? Not wearing dresses and heels all the time? Having interests outside of knitting, sewing and cooking?

I've never really understood this 'manly' thing...women are simply following their own interests and not 'pretending' to like stuff they don't just for the sake of being considered feminine. Women are standing up for themselves instead of being 'weak' and 'delicate' and I also see nothing wrong with that.
Nah...tatts,bikes,trucks...anything manlier than me

Old 10-02-2012, 08:15 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
First category, sure, they can be appealing. Second, sometimes. Personality is more important. Looking like a barbie doll doesn't really equal feminine to me, more like society's idea of feminine. Sometimes I feel masculine women are more likely to be sexually aggressive/assertive.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Well, I do not know what to think of ultra feminine women because I have never been with any.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:00 PM

840 posts, read 1,147,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chit chatter View Post
Us men are conditioned to be attracted to very feminine women but in today's tough dog eat dog world, I am afraid that women who display mostly stereotypical female traits are becoming less common. I encounter lots of women who act and look like men to survive in a man's world.

I have to admit the most attractive women to me are ULTRA FEMININE.

They are: soft, sweet, have a voice that is higher pitched, gentle, nurturing, sensitive, emotional.

They also do everything they can to look like a woman: Makeup, clothes, long hair, nails, etc.

Do YOU like a woman like that for a relationship, or do you prefer "one of the guys" type women who has a mixture of male and female traits?
Being very feminine never stopped Marissa Mayer from being a CEO. Nowadays I think being feminine is what part of being "presentable" and professional looking in a lot of work setting.

I prefer to wear sneakers everyday and even to work if I could get away with it. I am so naturally soft spoken to the point where I had callers asking me if my mommy and daddy were home and if they were calling a residence in office setting. My personal preference is to wear t shirt and shorts everywhere and to never brush my hair ever but I came to terms with the fact that my interaction with others will be much more pleasant if I resemble a female. I don't wear skirts as often as other females but in the past few years, I've traded in my sneakers at the workplace for very comfortable and feminine looking flats.

Last edited by Audioque; 10-02-2012 at 09:10 PM..

Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
One word fits it. High maintenance. I'd rather have a tomboy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.