Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:55 AM

80 posts, read 87,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
That's older school than I am. I couldn't wait until marriage, especially since I knew I wasn't going to marry until I was at least 30.

But yeah it gets pretty bizzare when you get to 30 and older and you are still a virgin. People will think you have problems.
Im 28, and a virgin and people say im some sort of creep for being a virgin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 08:04 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
I am 25 and I'm still a virgin saving myself for marriage because I think it's the proper thing to do. Also because since I have heard from friends and family stories that have happened to them I don't want to get mixed up in those matters so I would rather wait. So does me being a virgin at 25 a bad thing?

A lot of guys on the dating sites I'm on think I'm weird and lame for being a virgin this long and not many guys nowadays even believe in marriage. But I know I want to get married one day and know waiting will be worth it.
The problem isn't that you are a virgin. The problem is that you intend to stay a virgin until marriage. Sex is a normal, healthy, joyful part of adult relationships. When you say you want to wait until marriage, you send a clear signal to young, healthy men that you are sexually unavailable. Very, very few men are going to be okay with that.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The problem isn't that you are a virgin. The problem is that you intend to stay a virgin until marriage. Sex is a normal, healthy, joyful part of adult relationships. When you say you want to wait until marriage, you send a clear signal to young, healthy men that you are sexually unavailable. Very, very few men are going to be okay with that.
While what you say is true that it will alienate a certain percentage of guys the conflicting values of her and the other party would not really work out so its a win win for both.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 AM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I still don't see it as a bad thing overall. It might be a bad thing to individuals in the dating market - but I don't think it is inherently a bad thing or a good thing. Like I said - it's definitely going to limit her - but in her other thread she said she also doesn't tolerate drinking, smoking, etc. - so I don't think the virgin thing is the only thing that's going to limit her. But the guys that won't give her a chance because of being a virgin probably aren't guys that she would have gotten along with anyway.
100% correct. I don't give VUMs a second look as far as dating but that would not stop me from being their friend or socializing with them.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:44 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
100% correct. I don't give VUMs a second look as far as dating but that would not stop me from being their friend or socializing with them.
What's a VUM?

Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 AM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell B View Post
Im 28, and a virgin and people say im some sort of creep for being a virgin.
I would not automatically say anyone saying they want to stay a virgin until marriage is a creep but the reason why is what sends up the red flag that they could be: Very Religous, afraid of the opposite sex, sexually confused, or even Mentally ill.

How many fit the above is beyond me but I'm sure a few posters fit the above profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What's a VUM?
Hi Rain
"Virgin Until Married" I was being lazy

Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 AM

354 posts, read 517,968 times
Quote:
I would not automatically say anyone saying they want to stay a virgin until marriage is a creep but the reason why is what sends up the red flag that they could be: Very Religous, afraid of the opposite sex, sexually confused, or even Mentally ill.

How many fit the above is beyond me but I'm sure a few posters fit the above profile.

Now that's just stupid and shallow to say. Good thing my husband doesn't think the same way you do. But then again my husband isn't like other guys.

I was a 40 yr old virgin when I married my husband. You know what he told me. Me being a virgin scares him more to sleep with me but not coz of those stupid and shallow reasons you mentioned above. He just wants my first to be the best and he's afraid he'll hurt me down there. So that's what he was scared about. So OP, don't sweat it you're still young.

My husband's ex wife was not a virgin he even knew she had several miscarriages from her former BFs and me being a virgin does not made him think I'm like that stupid and shallow reasons you mentioned above even for a sec. He instead said I have high morals.

By the way our only rest of sexy time is when I have my period. LOL.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvalentine View Post
I was a 40 yr old virgin when I married my husband. You know what he told me. Me being a virgin scares him more to sleep with me but not coz of those stupid and shallow reasons you mentioned above. He just wants my first to be the best and he's afraid he'll hurt me down there. So that's what he was scared about. So OP, don't sweat it you're still young.

By the way our only rest of sexy time is when I have my period. LOL.
How old are you? I haven't referred to my body parts by anything but their anatomically correct name since I was like 10 years old. Or said "sexy time" for that matter.

That child-like mindset give some insight.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:07 AM

354 posts, read 517,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
How old are you? I haven't referred to my body parts by anything but their anatomically correct name since I was like 10 years old. Or said "sexy time" for that matter.

That child-like mindset give some insight.
Maybe you should learn to read dude. My age was even in my post you quote.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:09 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:

Hi Rain
"Virgin Until Married" I was being lazy
Nah it's cool.I saw your 2nd post and figured it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships