Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 01:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,555,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
This. I remember going into a town and all I were mixed children(black/white kids) and white children. That was a shocking experience for me because MOST of these kids were unattractive. And every now and then I'll meet a biracial person who isn't very attractive and it's amusing to me how black men and black women continue hold "mixed" folks on a pretty pedestal. The people in hollywood do not represent the average person--so the biracial women like Halley, Alicia Keys, etc are not what most or all biracial children will like.
Without question, it ALL goes back to the house slave vs field slave dynamics.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:26 PM

977 posts, read 1,816,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Read my post carefully please. :-)

As a woman, you'd have choices while as a man, you don't.

It's a general rule and there are obviously exceptions.
Men are a little more open, but black women are heavily discriminated against. Per OKCupid, 40% of white men would not date interracially, 54% for white women.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM

12 posts, read 11,850 times
Quote:
This. I remember going into a town and all I saw were mixed children(black/white kids) and white children. That was a shocking experience for me because MOST of these kids were unattractive. And every now and then I'll meet a biracial person who isn't very attractive and it's amusing to me how black men and black women continue to hold "mixed" folks on a pretty pedestal. The people in hollywood do not represent the average person--so the biracial women like Halley, Alicia Keys, etc are not what most or all biracial children look like.
A lot of the biracial celebs you see on television had plastic surgery to refine their features i.e. Beyonce and Halle Berry.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:04 PM

12 posts, read 11,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
Men are a little more open, but black women are heavily discriminated against. Per OKCupid, 40% of white men would not date interracially, 54% for white women.
So, why is the media encouraging black women to date out if this is the case?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,683,967 times
Quote:
This. I remember going into a town and all I saw were mixed children(black/white kids) and white children. That was a shocking experience for me because MOST of these kids were unattractive. And every now and then I'll meet a biracial person who isn't very attractive and it's amusing to me how black men and black women continue to hold "mixed" folks on a pretty pedestal. The people in hollywood do not represent the average person--so the biracial women like Halley, Alicia Keys, etc are not what most or all biracial children look like.
A bit off topic, but still related to this conversation. My youngest son tells me that kids in his school always assume he is "biracial," because he is very light with blondish hair and hazel eyes. In fact, when he was born, he had these bright blue eyes and his blond hair was very light. He has darkened some, but not much. Kids ask him if his dad is black and his mom is white (yes, that's the combination they assume. It might be because they see him with me a lot). But no, both of us parents are black, as are his grandparents, greats, etc. We don't have any people on either side who identify racially as anything but black (Ethnically, I am Latino, but certainly black). Even some of his cousins from his mother's side ask him if he's mixed. While he is lighter than both of us, his big brother is darker. Same two parents. And both kids are very handsome, if I say so myself. All of this to say that mixed people aren't always mixed in a political sense, even if they, like many African Americans and other African descendants, are mixed genetically.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Without question, it ALL goes back to the house slave vs field slave dynamics.
Not all field slaves were dark though............

Old 10-17-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCake Avenue View Post
A lot of the biracial celebs you see on television had plastic surgery to refine their features i.e. Beyonce and Halle Berry.
While I am not necessarily saying you're wrong, where do you get this from?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:44 PM

9,012 posts, read 13,857,524 times
Why do people keep saying Beyonce is biracial?
She isn't,not in the traditonal sense. Other wise,we could say Kelly is mixed too.

Kimora lee simmons is unattractive to me.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,912,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Read my post carefully please. :-)

As a woman, you'd have choices while as a man, you don't.

It's a general rule and there are obviously exceptions.
Men can't go out with other races of women? What da Waah?

You might want to tell my ex that he was Asian and I was caucasian?

Ahem

Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 PM

24 posts, read 26,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Why do people keep saying Beyonce is biracial?
She isn't,not in the traditonal sense.
Other wise,we could say Kelly is mixed too.

Kimora lee simmons is unattractive to me.

Thank you...geez, people get on my nerves saying that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.