Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
This is one of the reasons why I have always been colour blind when it comes to dating. I've had my share of deathly stares from black women who've seen me with non-black women. Even when I've been out with a female co-worker at lunch who happens to be non-black, black women gave me the evil eye but they are mostly the younger ones. Older women aren't off the hook but they are usually more forgiving.

A couple of the ladies I've been with have told me they've been slightly intimidated when we've been out in public when passing groups of black women. One of my girlfriends who was half italian/half jewish would tell me all the time that every black woman we'd pass in public looked like they wanted to snatch her from from me, drag her and shoot her or hang her. Most of the time we'd laugh it off but one girl got pretty scared though.

On a funny note, I've had nasty stares from other black women when I've been out with black women so I can't win either way. What I do enjoy sometimes when I catch it, but usually get slapped for by my girl is when white women give me a playful lusty look. Nuff times white ladies have given me the "I want some of what's she's having" look when I've been out with my girl and I think it's funny. She gets a little mad sometimes, but I never get mad at her if I catch guys checkin' her out. I smile and nod as if to say thanks.

Please don't kid yourself because Black men do the EXACT same thing when they see attractive Black women with non-Black men. It happens ALL of the time. Nasty comments, stink eye and all. And all of it is childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

But that's a shame some black women act that way. I'm sure black men do the same, especially if they see a white man with a black woman. I honestly do a double take or look at the BW/WM couple, but that's because I love seeing interracial couples, especially BW/non-black men, because I don't see it often.
I have sadly experienced some of this foolishness from certain types of Black men while out with boyfriends who aren't Black.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:29 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I've been rejected by men for being Jewish. I don't have a stereotypical "Jewish" look (I have blue eyes, for example) and people can't always guess by my name that I'm Jewish. But once they find out...hoo boy, sometimes I'm accused of keeping it a secret, sometimes they say "Oh my GAWD, why didn't you SAY something?" Like it's something I HAVE to wear on my sleeve and tell EVERYONE.

I get that some guys don't want to date Jewish girls but if you have issues with women who aren't Christian, say so on your profile. Duh. My profile clearly states that I am Jewish.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:35 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
I have been rejected b/c of my race but I accept that since I go mostly after white women, a number of them are not going to be attracted to a black male. I look at it as their loss. I'm a good man and eventually I'm gonna find a good woman who is not going to give a if the uniform I'm playing the game of life with is a different color from hers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.