Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times

Advertisements

I would add that you probably need to heal from the affects of a broken relationship. Usually that means you need to sort through your feelings (read: while you are single), whatever they happen to be. Re-entering into dating before you have healed (it sounds like you are not even close) will be difficult. Problem is, sometimes those new relationships are the ONLY thing that takes our mind off of the break up (albeit temporary). That, and being alone after being in a LTR is a bit of an adjustment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 03:39 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
What makes you gun sky?

Simple... fear and insecurity.

Do not allow yourself to live in fear my friend

Life can be scary, and nobody gets through it without at least some pain. Oh well.

The key is to control your feelings rather than letting them control you.

I talked about this last night with her & this might sound a bit lame but the fact that my B.S meter has gone off with her scares me. Which in turn makes her hard to read. Please don't misunderstand me I like the fact that I can't find a flaw with her... just not sure how to handle it... if that makes any sense.

When I told her this she started laughing I was frusted by this point. Once she finally stopped laughing she told me that I'm just going to have to get used to someone who isn't into playing games, and wants the same thing's that I want... That confused me even more.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:36 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I talked about this last night with her & this might sound a bit lame but the fact that my B.S meter has gone off with her scares me. Which in turn makes her hard to read. Please don't misunderstand me I like the fact that I can't find a flaw with her... just not sure how to handle it... if that makes any sense.

When I told her this she started laughing I was frusted by this point. Once she finally stopped laughing she told me that I'm just going to have to get used to someone who isn't into playing games, and wants the same thing's that I want... That confused me even more.
Well, she sounds emotionally healthy to me - good for her.

But how sad for you when a woman NOT playing games "confuses" you

Dude, you have some work to do on yourself.

Right now you are lucky she is hanging tough with you and not running for the hills.

I highly recommend a few sessions with a therapist, since you seem unable to move past your fears and insecurities on your own.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
It's such an emotional burden to be bitter. It's hard work with no pay off.

Just don't be and you'll be happier.
It's not a switch you just turn off. Most people don't.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 AM

826 posts, read 1,893,829 times
Quote:

You know, I second what calipoppy said.
If this woman is making your B.S meter go off, your body is telling you something.
She might be saying the right words, but there's something about her that's just not sitting right with your spirit.

This is what I'd do if I were you. Pay close attention to her actions, not what she says, and give it time. Usually with time, people's true colors show.

I know that in my life, EVERY TIME I refused to pay attention to my gut feelings and instead listened to people's words instead of their actions, I got burned.

Give it time, but don't discount your feelings.
Time will tell.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:46 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
It's not a switch you just turn off. Most people don't.
They don't what ....?

Old 10-06-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
You know, I second what calipoppy said.
If this woman is making your B.S meter go off, your body is telling you something.

I think you missed what I said. I said that its NOT going off & I'm not used to having someone so postive & forthcoming in my life. At least not when it comes to relationships.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:24 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:
I think you missed what I said. I said that its NOT going off & I'm not used to having someone so postive & forthcoming in my life. At least not when it comes to relationships.
You're creating problems.

When are you seeing her next?

Old 10-06-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, she sounds emotionally healthy to me - good for her.

But how sad for you when a woman NOT playing games "confuses" you

Dude, you have some work to do on yourself.

Right now you are lucky she is hanging tough with you and not running for the hills.

I highly recommend a few sessions with a therapist, since you seem unable to move past your fears and insecurities on your own.

We sit down & talked about what were both looking for & to be honest she does want what I want. I told her that I'm scared I might try to push her away. She told me that she wouldn't let that happen & she would be a fool to let me get away..I honestly didn't know what to say. and I love to talk. She said is more then willing to take her time with this & that I was important to her. Out of the two serious relationship I've been in those two things have never been said to me before. I guess confuse was the wrong word to use. This is so different from anything I have experienced in the past. I don't want her to go running for the hills I guess I just need to learn that she isn't like the last two.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
You're creating problems.

When are you seeing her next?

She is coming up the last weekend in Oct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships