Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 04:57 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,461 times

Advertisements

I'm 31... mine is still sky high. What age does it start to slow down? And do you older guys think it's a blessing not being horny all the time? Are you better able to enjoy other things in life without always worrying about trying to get laid? Do you find that you get more productive at work, enjoy time with your family more, etc...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 05:00 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,389 times
Your question can't accurately be answered because it's a case by case type of thing. However, if a guy constantly works out, eats right, and gets enough sleep, his sex drive could remain high well into his 70s. However, if a guy doesn't work out, eats junk, and doesn't get much sleep, his sex drive could start to decrease by his late 20s/early 30s.

Virtually everything related to sex drive and sexual performance comes back to one's health and how well they take care of their body.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:19 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Charlie Chaplin had children way into his 80's and Hugh Hefner is still scoring so I would say - never.

However, interest in your partner out of the bedroom, can severly impact the libido.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:22 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Mine peaked at 14-20.....has slowed a little since then but is still healthy enough I'm (34).

Old 10-06-2012, 05:29 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
A great site for these kinds of questions is www.goaskalice.com. The site is maintained by health scientists and healthcare professionals at Columbia university. It's a great resource. Anyhow, their answer...

Quote:
Do all good things come to an end? Not necessarily. For both women and men, sexual desire or drive decreases gradually with age. However, testosterone, the hormone which primarily controls sexual drive in men, never stops being produced entirely. Some men in their 70s and 80s have an active libido even with decreased testosterone levels. Beyond aging, some reasons why libido may be affected for temporary periods of time at any point in the life cycle include stress, fatigue, preoccupation with work, side effects of medications, medical conditions, dissatisfaction with a relationship, and lack of desire for a partner, among others.
A man's sexual life changes with age even as the desire may be maintained. In their 20s, men are less likely to experience wet dreams and some report that they masturbate less often. Some men in their late 20s and 30s notice that their penises aren't as erect as they once were, and that they may require direct stimulation to get hard. Around ages 40 to 50, a man may require direct stimulation to get an erection, and his erection may not be as full or firm as before. He may find it easier for his penis to lose its hardness, and, once lost, more difficult to regain...
Read the rest here.

Men's sex drive and age | Go Ask Alice!

Old 10-06-2012, 05:37 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
I think keeping your health in check to the best of your abilities is key. I have often complained about the sexual abilities of men in their 40s. Now this new guy is 45 and his libido is almost too much. (That said, almost. ) He is a rabid cycler like me and I think that makes a huge difference.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Your question can't accurately be answered because it's a case by case type of thing. However, if a guy constantly works out, eats right, and gets enough sleep, his sex drive could remain high well into his 70s. However, if a guy doesn't work out, eats junk, and doesn't get much sleep, his sex drive could start to decrease by his late 20s/early 30s.

Virtually everything related to sex drive and sexual performance comes back to one's health and how well they take care of their body.
This is a great answer. And it includes both physical and mental health. Mental health includes a compendium of stressors (I believe that's a word) and how they affect a person.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:09 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
To some extent it's individual, but changes start to happen in the 40's. Even if someone has a lot of energy, it takes them longer to "recharge" before having another go, the relevant part of the anatomy doesn't get quite as hard and doesn't get up as high, little things like that. Regular exercise, healthy eating, and regular cardio workouts of any kind (keep the blood circulating to ALL parts of the body ) help. And as robert said, health and mental health are both important. Depression, obviously, can kill a healthy libido. Stress affect overall health, ages you, and shortens life, if it becomes chronic.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:31 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Libido = desire

Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
it comes down to your health, I have old family members in the third world who are still killing it at 60+. These are men who have retained an active life (while living off their farms as well).

on the flipside I know quite a few friends who haven't yet reached 25-30, and they have trouble in this area because they eat like **** and they don't take care of their body or hygiene for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships