Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 12:33 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I really should be saying yes to all the 50 year olds and high schoolers that approach me.

What am I thinking? Or how about the guy with "a condo round his neck." Why am I rejecting him? Sheesh, I am way too picky.

Now Lucario: this is exactly what I'm talking about. The majority of men think Jade should give the 50 year old man a chance, at her age (she should be glad any man is approaching her, God forbid) -- but they wouldn't give a woman who's 50 a snow ball's chance in hell if they were her age and even if they weren't. (They would date the high schooler though, so that's different ). But you get my point.

Say one thing, do another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 12:56 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
Hopeless. Thread.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Now Lucario: this is exactly what I'm talking about. The majority of men think Jade should give the 50 year old man a chance, at her age (she should be glad any man is approaching her, God forbid) -- but they wouldn't give a woman who's 50 a snow ball's chance in hell if they were her age and even if they weren't. (They would date the high schooler though, so that's different ). But you get my point.

Say one thing, do another.
At 34, I really should just settle in with my cats now.......

Old 10-10-2012, 12:59 PM

3,985 posts, read 5,017,275 times
Um, where did Nyanna describe the guy who approached her? I didn't see the description...who said he was 50? And how many toothless people you know or have seen approaching Jade? I'm not about to say that "anyone" who comes up to you is a valid choice for you, but to say that "no one EVER" approaches her? Geez, you guys...you're really showing your double standard is in full swing.

No, you should absolutely be discriminating when deciding who to go out with...that's normal. But to say that NO ONE approaches you...you should just add that you're not attracted to them and how dare they come up to you. I don't normally agree with these guys who talk about the double standard, but here, it seems pretty obvious.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:01 PM

3,985 posts, read 5,017,275 times
Quote:
And Jade, I know you're being sarcastic, but based on your comments read on this forum, you seem like a delightful person. You're too young to throw in the towel...and btw, cats are AWESOME. They wouldn't approve of you giving up...

Old 10-10-2012, 01:15 PM

92 posts, read 108,668 times
Quote:
Good idea.
No one will want the aging 25+ crowd except the foreveraloners

Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
You know, my wife's circle of friends is composed of plenty of attractive women. Some are just freaking knockouts. But the one I always enjoy talking to a good deal would be hardly noteworthy if you just saw all their photos lined up. This woman, however, is funny and engaging and makes you feel good about yourself. MrsCPG jokes that if she were hit by a bus, Harriet and I would wind up getting married. What makes her attractive isn't deathless good looks, but sheer force of personality.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
And how many toothless people you know or have seen approaching Jade? I'm not about to say that "anyone" who comes up to you is a valid choice for you, but to say that "no one EVER" approaches her?
Actually, being smile-y does not help my cause; it means the homeless people hit on me too. :P I probably get more than my fair share of toothless come-ons. "Hey do you have any spare change? You have a beautiful smile, can I have your number?"

Quote:
And Jade, I know you're being sarcastic, but based on your comments read on this forum, you seem like a delightful person. You're too young to throw in the towel...and btw, cats are AWESOME. They wouldn't approve of you giving up...
Thanks for the compliments. Not throwing in the towel! But I don't want to settle either. I am really looking for someone like-minded, but I realize I am a little "uniquely-minded" as well.

Actually I don't have pets. I am not really a "pet" person. I know I probably should keep that a secret. Cats are my speed though. They are independent and self-minded. Dogs need too much attention.

I always wanted a snake as a kid, and my parents put the kibosh on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbr View Post
Good idea.
No one will want the aging 25+ crowd except the foreveraloners
We all know it is a downward slope. Women over 30 are universally "busted" and have no hope for remaining attractive or appealing to men.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:40 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Guys, honestly what can an average looking girl do to stand out if she is competing with other girls who are more attractive....??

Men are very visual creatures and they are going to notice the most attractive women first while overlooking the more average looking girls...but there has to be something we can do to pop out more if our looks are not our strongest advantage...
You can stand out by having (showing) great confidence and being a good conversationalist. Looks are not everything. If you can joke around while having fun then you wont have any issues.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:48 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times
Quote:
Um, where did Nyanna describe the guy who approached her? I didn't see the description...who said he was 50? And how many toothless people you know or have seen approaching Jade? I'm not about to say that "anyone" who comes up to you is a valid choice for you, but to say that "no one EVER" approaches her? Geez, you guys...you're really showing your double standard is in full swing.

No, you should absolutely be discriminating when deciding who to go out with...that's normal. But to say that NO ONE approaches you...you should just add that you're not attracted to them and how dare they come up to you. I don't normally agree with these guys who talk about the double standard, but here, it seems pretty obvious.
The guy who approached me over the summer was my age. He was early 20s, attractive but just too short for me. He was maybe 5'6-5-7. I do have guys who are interested but they are usually short guys, and they aren't my thing. I prefer men who are 5'9 and above.I don't know why short guys are drawn to me.

He still texts me but I always blow him off because of his height.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships