Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 01:51 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times

Advertisements

One of the dumbest topics ever, and one of the saddest as well. 34 pages and 300+ messages deep you have a young lady basically filtering out any good advice. so there is only one thing that can happen.

go out and get fake breast, and just get all the plastic surgery can handle. Then when you're looking as good as you possibly can, and you're still not happy, then maybe you can work on yourself. Whatever issues you have aren't going to be sorted out in this thread that's for sure. so I guess you're just going learn a hard, emotionally bad, and financially draining lesson. I feel sorry for you, all you had to do is listen to genuine device, but it's your life. Hey we all take our lumps to get that life experience and perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 01:57 PM

3,985 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Actually, being smile-y does not help my cause; it means the homeless people hit on me too. :P I probably get more than my fair share of toothless come-ons. "Hey do you have any spare change? You have a beautiful smile, can I have your number?"

It's kinda funny...and sweet...and maybe a little gross. If you weren't so darn pleasant...

Thanks for the compliments. Not throwing in the towel! But I don't want to settle either. I am really looking for someone like-minded, but I realize I am a little "uniquely-minded" as well.

No, don't settle...and I really think you'll find someone and just click!

Actually I don't have pets. I am not really a "pet" person. I know I probably should keep that a secret. Cats are my speed though. They are independent and self-minded. Dogs need too much attention.

I always wanted a snake as a kid, and my parents put the kibosh on that one.

Well...I won't blast you for not having pets...it's an individual thing! But MY cats would tell you, don't settle, don't give up and where's the tuna!

We all know it is a downward slope. Women over 30 are universally "busted" and have no hope for remaining attractive or appealing to men.
I hope you don't really mean that...(do people really think that?)...wow, I must be really out of the loop. I do see some of that mentality but I have this unique ability to ignore it. If I think you're a dumba$$, I give no weight to your comment (You as in the guys who think this). It's a double edged sword...

Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I hope you don't really mean that...(do people really think that?)...wow, I must be really out of the loop. I do see some of that mentality but I have this unique ability to ignore it. If I think you're a dumba$$, I give no weight to your comment (You as in the guys who think this). It's a double edged sword...
No way. Unfortunately there are some men and women who do think this is true. I think I am getting better with age.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:11 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,383,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
So a man that's approached by any ol' fat, toothless, hairy woman (who likely isn't his type) shouldn't be complaining either. They had a chance and passed it up.

Doesn't sound so great now, does it?
Firstly, a vast majority of women don't approach men the way men do women. But assuming this did happen, then a man who rejects overtures from women also has no right to complain and start threads about not getting hit on by women when he is in a room full of hot guys. You're free to search the forum and post a link if a male is making the exact same complaint Nyanna is in this thread.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:17 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,782 times

David Guetta feat Rihanna - Who's That Chick? - Day version (Official videoclip) - YouTube

smile and blink like Rihanna does at 2:22 or at 3:10, or in general do those coy, adorable, bubbly facial expressions, you'll drive some men nuts. If Rihanna or any girl as cute (CUTE, not just pretty/hot) did that in front of me in real life, I'd nearly faint. UGH!! You just want to smile and grab her and kiss her and bite her!

Or find your own facial expression like that.

By far what drives me the most nuts is CUTENESS in a girl. It can be overwhelming. Like Zooey Deschanel. Other cuties are Jennifer Garner, Piper Parebo, and others I can't think of right now.

Hot just makes me want to grab things on you, cute, well with cute I want to play and frolick with you, and you could eventually get me to fall in love.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:21 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,383,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
lol You act as if that was going to be my last chance.
No, you act as if that was your last chance. Why did you even start this thread if you're so confident you'll have more opportunities to reject men you're not interested in? Your complaint isn't that men don't find you attractive, your problem is that attractive men don't find you attractive.

That guy you rejected could have been your last chance in the sense that you could have started a long term relationship with him and you would be off the dating market. But he was too short. That's the only shortcoming (no pun intended) that you mentioned. Having certain physical requirements in a mate is totally fine for attractive people who have many options, or for people who are patient and understand their requirements are hindering them. The fact you created this thread shows you don't have any patience with the problems your physical requirements in men are causing you.

Just to be clear, true or false: men do actually approach you right? I'm not asking if the hot guys you want are approaching you; I mean do any men do it at all?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:24 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
The guy who approached me over the summer was my age. He was early 20s, attractive but just too short for me. He was maybe 5'6-5-7. I do have guys who are interested but they are usually short guys, and they aren't my thing. I prefer men who are 5'9 and above.I don't know why short guys are drawn to me.

He still texts me but I always blow him off because of his height.
Ok, here you have a guy who is attractive, perhaps a nice guy, and you blow him off because he's too short.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:24 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
The guy who approached me over the summer was my age. He was early 20s, attractive but just too short for me. He was maybe 5'6-5-7. I do have guys who are interested but they are usually short guys, and they aren't my thing. I prefer men who are 5'9 and above.I don't know why short guys are drawn to me.
Two inches? Really?

Quote:
Wow aren't you sunshine and light. Maybe you are not attracting 6 foot tall hotties because you are not very nice.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:25 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Quote:

So you do have guys that are interested in you?

The way you post you make it seem like no man every approached or talked to you in your life

Old 10-10-2012, 02:28 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
No, you act as if that was your last chance. Why did you even start this thread if you're so confident you'll have more opportunities to reject men you're not interested in? Your complaint isn't that men don't find you attractive, your problem is that attractive men don't find you attractive.

That guy you rejected could have been your last chance in the sense that you could have started a long term relationship with him and you would be off the dating market. But he was too short. That's the only shortcoming (no pun intended) that you mentioned. Having certain physical requirements in a mate is totally fine for attractive people who have many options, or for people who are patient and understand their requirements are hindering them. The fact you created this thread shows you don't have any patience with the problems your physical requirements in men are causing you.
We may not have even been compatible.

Quote:
Just to be clear, true or false: men do actually approach you right? I'm not asking if the hot guys you want are approaching you; I mean do any men do it at all?
Occasionally. I feel that if I were lighter, and more mixed looking I'd get approached more than what I do. Probably by taller men.

Over the summer I gave my number to a short guy, and he still texts and calls even though I blow him off everytime. He's just too short for me. I don't know why he hasn't given up by now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships