Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:24 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I'm not suggesting that safe sex practices are foolish. I'm only pointing out the FACT that STD's are nowhere near as prevalent or harmful as the propagandists would have you believe.
You could give some poor girl gonorrhea and never know it. She could never know she even had it, but months or even years later she ends up with an abscess on her Fallopian tube and ovary, which leads to a partial hysterectomy and compromised fertility so that 10 years down the road when you are just a distant memory in the past her and her husband cannot get pregnant. Their life is altered forever because some dirty dick didn't worry about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I am a virgin because I turned a woman down the she refused to take an STD test. I don't regret that decision. What do all of you think of getting tested and showing the results to a partner? There is no reason why anyone has to get or spread these various diseases, nor is there a reason why I should accept an std as a result of being in a relationship with someone.
You can't be straight.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:29 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
You are taking STD's way too seriously. It's not that big of a risk for a heterosexual white male (I'm assuming you are white). The benefits of sex outweighs the STD risks. STD's aren't a big deal. You aren't getting AIDS and you aren't getting an STD that will threaten your life.
Wow..just wow. So, HurricaneKid..you are all set and wont get an STD because you are a straight white male.

This ignorance just blows my mind. HurricaneKid, I have seen some of the things you post. You do not strike me as a stupid person. I feel this even moreso after reading this thread you started. You have a good head on your shoulders. So....

I KNOW YOU THINK THAT STATEMENT CAPITOL MADE IS ABSOLUTELY THE MOST DANGEROUS TYPE OF THINKING YOU CAN HAVE! I know you must realize that, right? PLEASE do not follow that way of thinking. It's that type of ignorance that kills people.

For a younger guy, you have more common sense than some people twice your age. Keep doing as you do, because ask yourself this. Is it hurting your health some how by being careful? But it certainly could hurt it if you werent careful at all. If some chick doesnt want to show that she doesnt have some disease, there will be others that will. And whats the sense of someone testing for it if they wont share the results with you? People throw around the word 'trust' like it was nothing. Dont feel guilted by people who throw that crap at you, and tell you u should just trust people. People need to earn trust too. When you start getting to know someone, I dont care how nice and sweet they can seem. Nice and sweet (and white) people get STD's too. Dont let anyone tell you they dont.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:35 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You can't be straight.
And, why not?

I've made it this far without an std, why can't I have a decent woman who is clean?

sigh, this is what I get for having "standards"

Ah well, it will be worth it in the end. Maybe someday.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
You can't be straight.
Seriously? I mean - seriously? Why on earth would you say that? Geez.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
That is true, but we have a vaccine for that now. It should be nonexistent within a generation. And it's only true for a VERY small percentage of all HPV infections.
Not true. There are many strains of HPV, and the vaccine only covers a few. Dream on.

And remember, Kid; the condom only covers part of the genitalia. The rest is exposed. Oh, and for some reason it doesn't seem to occur to people that there's no condom involved with oral sex.

Studies done at the University of Washington showed that Herpes can be communicated to others even when asymptomatic.

It's all Russian roulette. Some people don't mind llving dangerously, or worrying about those whose lives they may impact months or years after the fact.

But Kid isn't one of those types, it sounds like.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
And, why not?

I've made it this far without an std,
That's because you've never gotten laid.

Quote:
why can't I have a decent woman who is clean?
You're paranoid.

Quote:
sigh, this is what I get for having "standards"
Maybe your "standards" are for men.

Most heterosexual men would never turn down a woman because she refused to take a STD test. They would have just used protection. I only read stuff like this online. This is so not the norm

Quote:
Ah well, it will be worth it in the end. Maybe someday.
No it wont be worth it. Plenty of people have sex without knowing the other person's status and get by just fine. Again, you're very paranoid.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:44 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not true. There are many strains of HPV, and the vaccine only covers a few. Dream on.

And remember, Kid; the condom only covers part of the genitalia. The rest is exposed. Oh, and for some reason it doesn't seem to occur to people that there's no condom involved with oral sex.

Studies done at the University of Washington showed that Herpes can be communicated to others even when asymptomatic.

It's all Russian roulette. Some people don't mind llving dangerously, or worrying about those whose lives they may impact months or years after the fact.

But Kid isn't one of those types, it sounds like.
Which is funny, because I was born in Russia as an unplanned pregnancy. Live and learn, that's my motto, emphasis on learn.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Seriously? I mean - seriously? Why on earth would you say that? Geez.
C'mon. Not very many straight guys would put off sex w/ a woman because she refused to take an STD test. This is unheard of. Only online is this considered normal..

Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
That's because you've never gotten laid.

You're paranoid.

Maybe your "standards" are for men.

Most heterosexual men would never turn down a woman because she refused to take a STD test. They would have just used protection. I only read stuff like this online. This is so not the norm

No it wont be worth it. Plenty of people have sex without knowing the other person's status and get by just fine. Again, you're very paranoid.
What is wrong with you? A guy wants to avoid STD's and unwanted pregnancy and you're telling him that he's gay? And for the record - there's nothing wrong with being gay - but why on earth are you going there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships