Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:39 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,717,608 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a real disconnect with some of the men on this forum... sex does not equal a relationship. One does not use a matchmaker to get sex. If he just wanted sex he would probably not use a matchmaker. Whenever I say I have problems getting in relationships, men always jump in and say 'well, it's so easy for women to get sex!!!'. That's not what I want and that's obviously not what he wants.

Anyway. Looks like he wants a woman nearly 20 years younger than he is and far, FAR out of his 'league' looks wise. Seems like the matchmaker is trying to match him with independent, successful women and he obviously just wants a young, hot haus frau to bear him children. He should just use craigslist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 10:02 AM

29,806 posts, read 34,646,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There seems to be a real disconnect with some of the men on this forum... sex does not equal a relationship. One does not use a matchmaker to get sex. If he just wanted sex he would probably not use a matchmaker. Whenever I say I have problems getting in relationships, men always jump in and say 'well, it's so easy for women to get sex!!!'. That's not what I want and that's obviously not what he wants.
I've often thought that the phrasing of the bolded above is odd, and we see it all the time on this board. These dudes talk about "getting sex" as if it's a commodity that is bought and sold or given as a gift. Sex is something that you do with another person, not something that you get.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've often thought that the phrasing of the bolded above is odd, and we see it all the time on this board. These dudes talk about "getting sex" as if it's a commodity that is bought and sold or given as a gift. Sex is something that you do with another person, not something that you get.
I think it is a commodity to many of them. It's something for them to strive for and is apparently the exact same thing as being in a relationship.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:31 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,443,619 times
Goes to show how much a man makes doesn't equate to women flocking to him.

250 dates and no semi-matches? Then he wants his money back?

Probably his attitude problem.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:14 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,530,817 times
Quote:

Anyway. Looks like he wants a woman nearly 20 years younger than he is and far, FAR out of his 'league' looks wise. Seems like the matchmaker is trying to match him with independent, successful women and he obviously just wants a young, hot haus frau to bear him children. He should just use craigslist.
You're exactly right on the bolded part. I am sure he knows he can get plenty of sex anywhere, but if you look at his criteria, he is looking for a particular woman and wants to settle down somewhat. Having said that, what he is looking to settle down with is a little far fetched, but hey obviously he still has the money to keep trying to find it, so God bless him.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:51 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,926,970 times
The article also states "Nelson said upon meeting Greenfield she advised him to choose a more substantial program that included more matches, meet-and-greet parties and coaching, but he insisted on a less-expensive program."

It also mentions that he is Jewish.

Stereotypes. . . . .

Old 10-11-2012, 08:36 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,641,086 times
Quote:
I think it is a commodity to many of them. It's something for them to strive for and is apparently the exact same thing as being in a relationship.
Have to disagree with you on this one JetJockey. Females tend to be the ones that equate sex to a relationship. There are MANY ladies that think because a guy took them out to dinner, had sex with them, and allowed them to stay the night that guy automatically wants a relationship with them. I meet women like this EVERY DAY that are confused and angry. That is a female issue.

The only guys that think feel the way you described earlier are the ones that have no self esteem.

I can guarantee you that the millionaire who was going on these dates was DEFINITELY getting A LOT of sex from these ladies. His problem is not that he is too picky. It is that he is a freaking psycho.

Most men will NEVER have the chance to go out on 250 different dates with different women. This guy doesn't need more dates. He needs to get his head checked. Men and women that are picky like him usually end up old and lonely with the only companionship being their two or three cats and/or dogs.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,527,916 times
$260 per date.

He should go to Thailand and get more 'bang' for the buck.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Have to disagree with you on this one JetJockey. Females tend to be the ones that equate sex to a relationship. There are MANY ladies that think because a guy took them out to dinner, had sex with them, and allowed them to stay the night that guy automatically wants a relationship with them. I meet women like this EVERY DAY that are confused and angry. That is a female issue.

The only guys that think feel the way you described earlier are the ones that have no self esteem.

I can guarantee you that the millionaire who was going on these dates was DEFINITELY getting A LOT of sex from these ladies. His problem is not that he is too picky. It is that he is a freaking psycho.

Most men will NEVER have the chance to go out on 250 different dates with different women. This guy doesn't need more dates. He needs to get his head checked. Men and women that are picky like him usually end up old and lonely with the only companionship being their two or three cats and/or dogs.
I completely agree with you, but I think we're talking about two different sides of the same coin.

Men on here seem to think that just because a woman can get sex easily that they should stop saying they can't get into a relationship because they think those two things are on the same level. When a woman says 'I can't find a boyfriend' a man will inevitably say 'But you could walk into a bar right now and take a guy home' and those two things are VERY different, but they think they're the same. Does that make sense?

Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM

368 posts, read 579,831 times
He should have went to a dating coach with that kind of money. He must definitely be lacking in the character department if after 250 dates he couldn't find one decent women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships