Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Plenty of men looking for long term relationships out here. Hard to take a woman seriously when sex is given out so easy.

I have had sex with women on first dates or shortly after and that had no bearing on me loosing interest in her. If the sex was that good it would make me want to stay with her even the more. What made me loose interest was incompatibilty be it sex wise or her attitude or personality or lifestyle not because she gave it up too easy. A woman who is a party girl wanting to go out and drink all the time will make me bail, a woman who is high maintenance who expects to be pampered and suck me financially dry will make me bail, a woman who is loud and dominating and just a pain in the azz will make me bail, a woman who is suffocating who tries to control me and keep me on a leash will make me bail, a woman with 4 young kids will make me bail, a woman who is obsessed with politics or religion to the point of being fanatic the kind that lives and breaths that will make me bail, but not because she "gave it up".

The only guys that act like you suggest are players, but a player is only going to stick around until he or she gets it anyway whether it is one day or one year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 10:13 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I have had sex with women on first dates or shortly after and that had no bearing on me loosing interest in her. If the sex was that good it would make me want to stay with her even the more. What made me loose interest was incompatibilty be it sex wise or her attitude or personality or lifestyle not because she gave it up too easy. A woman who is a party girl wanting to go out and drink all the time will make me bail, a woman who is high maintenance who expects to be pampered and suck me financially dry will make me bail, a woman who is loud and dominating and just a pain in the azz will make me bail, a woman who is suffocating who tries to control me and keep me on a leash will make me bail, a woman with 4 young kids will make me bail, a woman who is obsessed with politics or religion to the point of being fanatic the kind that lives and breaths that will make me bail, but not because she "gave it up".

The only guys that act like you suggest are players, but a player is only going to stick around until he or she gets it anyway whether it is one day or one year.
You say this, but nearly every man I've met has made a joke about ditching a girl because 'she gave it up too fast'. Now, if she's hot he'll probably stick around, but I doubt he'll think of her as a serious prospect.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:55 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post

LK, just wondering: wouldn't it be better to find out if she was any of those things that would make you bail before you have sex with her? Or do you not get emotionally attached at all from having sex? Breaking up is messier for at least one of the parties involved, if not both, after you've had sex, especially if on numerous occasions, isn't it?

Old 10-13-2012, 09:36 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
LK, just wondering: wouldn't it be better to find out if she was any of those things that would make you bail before you have sex with her? Or do you not get emotionally attached at all from having sex? Breaking up is messier for at least one of the parties involved, if not both, after you've had sex, especially if on numerous occasions, isn't it?
I haven't always been emotionally involved , actually rare that I have. Besides women can be one thing at first and turn 180 degrees the next and it may take time to realize it. No I am not going to wait months or a years to conclude she is stable in all areas before having sex, if she turns out wrong for me I'll take as a chapter that was fun temporary anyway. But I don't go in thinking I am just gonna hit it and quit it.

There are a couple times in my past though where I burned a couple bridges and kind of regret it now. Two in particular that I did kind of hit it and quit it and I regret it sort of because I realize now they were keepers but at the time I just didn't care and when they said the love word I panic and ran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships