Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 02:51 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,373,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I love what the match-maker said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ms. Nelson!
Lol hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 02:56 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,809,449 times
What a loser. Nuff said.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:01 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,733,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I completely agree with you, but I think we're talking about two different sides of the same coin.

Men on here seem to think that just because a woman can get sex easily that they should stop saying they can't get into a relationship because they think those two things are on the same level. When a woman says 'I can't find a boyfriend' a man will inevitably say 'But you could walk into a bar right now and take a guy home' and those two things are VERY different, but they think they're the same. Does that make sense?
Nope. I've said all along that you as a woman will have more chances in your life to do the picking and choosing than a man will. So while you say men don't approach you or they approach you in a rude manner, the problem is that the men you want don't approach you. So while it's true that getting sex anytime you want doesn't equate to a relationship, you still have more power than most men to pick and choose the men you want to be in a relationship with. And the "you" being women in general not just yourself.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:42 PM

13,621 posts, read 21,434,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Goes to show how much a man makes doesn't equate to women flocking to him.

250 dates and no semi-matches? Then he wants his money back?

Probably his attitude problem.

Ugh in a way it does. Would 250 women have gone out on a date with him if he was the mailroom guy at the company making 25k a year? So SOMETHING interested 250 women and based on the article it wasn't his looks or personality that did and he is the one that wouldn't continue the dating not them. The article claims he was the one too picky.

250 dates? How many men attract that many women to accept a date?

Old 10-12-2012, 03:45 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,971,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Ugh in a way it does. Would 250 women have gone out on a date with him if he was the mailroom guy at the company making 25k a year? So SOMETHING interested 250 women and based on the article it wasn't his looks or personality that did and he is the one that wouldn't continue the dating not them. The article claims he was the one too picky.

250 dates? How many men attract that many women to accept a date?
What he paid for women to date him. Likely other like-minded women who were looking for a serious relationship. Why is a problem for women joining a dating service? Some people join the free sites, some people join paid sites, and some people pick a matchmaker. People have different motivations for each route. I have a feeling that he went on 250 first dates. 25 second dates. And women rarely made it past date 2. They had some sort of "deal breaker" that he couldn't get past.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:58 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,733,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
What he paid for women to date him. Likely other like-minded women who were looking for a serious relationship. Why is a problem for women joining a dating service? Some people join the free sites, some people join paid sites, and some people pick a matchmaker. People have different motivations for each route. I have a feeling that he went on 250 first dates. 25 second dates. And women rarely made it past date 2. They had some sort of "deal breaker" that he couldn't get past.
I agree with you on the number of 1st dates. Probably something like 90 second dates, 45 third dates and 20 fourth dates. Some of the women probably weren't into during the 1st, 2nd or 3rd dates so we have to account for that. All in all, he likely is too picky.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:58 PM

13,621 posts, read 21,434,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

250 women saw his profile and photos and accepted a date with him, what inspired them to be attracted to him to go out on a date with him?

Old 10-12-2012, 04:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,682,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Nope. I've said all along that you as a woman will have more chances in your life to do the picking and choosing than a man will. So while you say men don't approach you or they approach you in a rude manner, the problem is that the men you want don't approach you. So while it's true that getting sex anytime you want doesn't equate to a relationship, you still have more power than most men to pick and choose the men you want to be in a relationship with. And the "you" being women in general not just yourself.
It's no different than a man not wanting to be in a relationship with an obese woman or a woman with 5 kids by 5 different men.

We all have the ability to lower our standards to the point of getting with anyone that shows the slight interest. Men can pick and choose just as much as women. In fact, I'd say that men have more power in relationships than women, since most men don't want to be in a relationship and most women do. Women may be the 'gatekeepers' to sex, but men are the 'gatekeepers' to a relationship.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,423,379 times
So this guy lives in the most alpha city in the country and wants a beta JEWISH woman????? Hilarious!!

I'm jewish myself and I can vouch that I'm the only beta female Jew in the entire state of AZ! ok..exaggeration but I doubt I'm exaggerating by much.

Pretty Jewish women in NY, he will have no problem finding..but none will be beta. I feel bad for his sorry self. what an incredibly sad story..

Old 10-12-2012, 09:03 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,631,823 times
Plenty of men looking for long term relationships out here. Hard to take a woman seriously when sex is given out so easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships