Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 03:10 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Ever fished in a lake where there aren't any good fish?

Last summer I did just that...
And I spent an entire week fishing out fish that weren't legal enough to keep.That's what dating feels like around here.

No fish worth keeping.
90% of the good fish, are in 10% of the water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 03:15 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
90% of the good fish, are in 10% of the water.
I only have one fishing lure and no boat to go to those better waters. Bleh.

Maybe it's time I gave online dating a try. Being tall, dark, and handsome would make me stand out no doubt, but I've never uploaded pictures of myself to the internet before....

Curse me for being overly cautious... But I can't help it at all.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:20 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
LOL! But you had great success awhile ago, Rabbit! How's that going?
Yeah, but I didn't do the asking. And, no, it is not going well. Figures.

Here's the thing. I have NEVER been able to ask out a woman and hear the word 'yes'. Not one time ever.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:41 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Cdubs Owned this thread.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:22 PM

229 posts, read 423,868 times
Anywhere's fine w/me. Go for it, I say. If a chic goes to a bar thinking it is a "no pick up zone", I think that's just crazy!!! It's a bar. They're known pick-up spots. Duh! I can see maybe at the gym they don't want to be bothered, but jeez. Go to a women's only gym or work out at home if it's such a problem. Seriously. Probably the same women that complain about being single. I'm not sure what's wrong w/these women. I've had guys hit on me in different places. Doesn't bother me a bit. I may decline, but I'm not gonna get upset because of the location. I can only imagine how hard it would be to try to approach someone like that. I don't do that. I gotta hand it to people that do. I would just politely decline if not interested or in a relationship or whatever. I know I'm just happy people are still interested. If I were you, I would approach a woman where ever I wanted to. A parking garage at night may freak me out a little.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Yeah, but I didn't do the asking. And, no, it is not going well. Figures.

Here's the thing. I have NEVER been able to ask out a woman and hear the word 'yes'. Not one time ever.
So let them do the asking.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Ever fished in a lake where there aren't any good fish?

Last summer I did just that...
And I spent an entire week fishing out fish that weren't legal enough to keep.That's what dating feels like around here.

No fish worth keeping.
Weren't you considering a move? If not, I suggest you do so. The Bay Area or NYC tend to be highly recommended around here.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:37 PM

896 posts, read 1,400,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I ask because I always hear this from women online

"Don't approach me at the gym cause I just want to work out and not be bothered"
"Don't approach me at the bar cause I'm just there to drink and party with my friends"
"Don't approach me on the street because it's creepy"
"Don't approach me at the store because I'm just there to shop"
*Insert another situation where I don't ever want to be approached*
etc...etc...etc....

What options does that leave? Is there ever a time where women aren't extremely annoyed by male attention of any kind?
This is crazy. I go to the bar to get approached. I think partying and and drinking with friends is boring. I am there to flirt.

Also, I do not mind if people approach me in the store, gym, library or wherever. I prefer this as I am not big to join groups as I get bored. As long as you are not creepy and seem nice. I will have a conversation with you.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Somebody please explain how this makes sense. The gym is the absolute best place to find good looking/healthy people. Why would you not want to date one of the men from your gym?

I've made a good 10-15 male friends from the gym and they were all fantastic guys
I agree. It's the obvious place. Several gyms I've been to in different cities are part of the local singles scene. Women who don't want to be approached go to the local women-only gym, if there is one. The local weekend farmer's market is a good place, and bookstores are good--think about it; there are conversation starters all over the shelves in a bookstore. If you're there for a book reading, so much the better. It's a no-brainer.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:54 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Weren't you considering a move? If not, I suggest you do so. The Bay Area or NYC tend to be highly recommended around here.
I am considering. Though I am looking for cities with smaller populations. Boulder, Colorado, Portland, Maine and Ann Arbor Michigan come to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships