Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you were single and had a few months to live..
You would date someone new, but tell them right away. (on 1st date/meeting or before) 1 3.23%
You would date someone new, but wait till you got to know them (after a 2 or 3 dates) to tell them. 1 3.23%
You would not look for someone new to date. 29 93.55%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 05:57 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,880,247 times

Advertisements

NO NO NO. Would not look for dates. When Bill and I were dating, I think about 2 months in, he had a very serious car accident. He broke his neck, fractured his sternum and had brain trauma (the docs said, kinda like swelling from the force of the crash) they did not know if he would be paralyzed from the neck down or not. He was in so much pain, and he cried, but said to me, "baby, I understand if you don't want to stay" I never thought I wouldn't. I loved him, and I told him no matter what, I wasn't going anywhere. He made a FULL recovery, and we had a good 11 years together before he was killed by a co worker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 06:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,673,885 times
I would and tell them right away.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:02 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,163,930 times
No. Probably not. I probably would do a bucket list of crazy things. I also would use my incurable illness to attract funding and media attention to push for a political cause. Like...better wages for teachers or something like that. People generally become involved in those causes if they see a dying person is urging them to join. I figure those things would have a larger benefit on society than dating.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:15 PM

245 posts, read 386,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Few months to live according to who? The Doctors? They aren't always right.
I agree it's good to question your Doctor. But in this case there are multiple tests and symptoms that point to the same thing. It's also a cancer that develops specifically from having another less dangerous cancer.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:19 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,757,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
No but I would go on a complete bang a thon
God me too!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 PM

245 posts, read 386,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
No....and I feel for anyone in this situation, it really can happen to anyone.
And it will happen to us all. It's just some of us will get more of a warning than others and some of us will go earlier than we expect. It's interesting to see how different people would focus on different things with their last months. What I get from it, relationship wise, is that we don't really have that much time. People say that they will be with someone "forever" or for the rest of their lives, but it's not forever and for the rest of you life isn't really that long.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,833,503 times
That's like asking if you were sitting beside a beautiful woman on a plane at 33 thousand feet..and suddenly it lost power and went into a dive...Would you and the lady have sex before impact? Nawh...If I knew I were dying and had a few months to live...I would be making peace with myself-the world and my maker....Unless of course I met an angel on earth ..who was the most fantastic female ever to have lived...Then God would have to wait till I was done enjoying myself..that could take a while.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,285,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
I would find myself a hot fb and use him till I couldn't care anymore.
LMAO that's almost darker than the original question! I like your style!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,077,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
No. I'd spend the time with the people I already love and getting my affairs in order to make life easier on my mom and brother after I died and they had to deal with finalizing my life.
This^^. I can't imagine anyone that would be bother with such a thing as dating, when they had only a few months to live. What an odd thought.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:18 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,492,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePew View Post
This isn't about me. Just hypothetically, if you received news that you have an incurable illness and would only have a few months left and were single, would you still look for dates? If you would, when would you tell the person, before you went out with them or after you have gotten to know them? Also, would you be upset with someone who didn't tell you upfront?
I would spend my final days with family and friends.

[and if there was anyone available in the meantime for a date, then I'd go on a date]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships