Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:18 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,171,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Yes, pretty spot on. Apparently there is this whole plethora of nice girls just everywhere. Not sure what world other people are living in, but it's not the same one as me.
probably bc you have zero confidence and sit there and dwell on your faults/misfortunes. i mean would you want to hang out with someone like that? i could be wrong, but that is what i am getting from this one thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:20 AM

496 posts, read 942,013 times
Quote:
Of course i want to be happier. Not sure what that has to do with anything. But i just find it awfully ironic how people are mean to ME but they seem to think it's ok. They seem to think they are still nice, good people. I'm apparently an exception to the rule. It's ok to treat me like s***. People can yell at me all they want and still call themselves nice people. It's just very hypocritical.
I think a lot of folks here like to debate. Don't confuse that with meanness. When the debates become foundationlessly personal, it crosses the line into unkind. A lot of the perception differences can have a lot to do with how you were raised. If you perceive anyone who disagrees with you as an attacker, then you probably grew up around people who placed a high emphasis on agreement and non-confrontation. Personally, I would consider myself nice (except for when I have a good reason not to be and want to alienate someone), and I also don't mind a good debate/argument/heated discussion. Of course, growing up, we had debates that I now realize would appear to others to be huge arguments, but we (as a family) would debate something at its rawest and then return to our happy associations.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,200,844 times
Quote:
Of course i want to be happier. Not sure what that has to do with anything. But i just find it awfully ironic how people are mean to ME but they seem to think it's ok. They seem to think they are still nice, good people. I'm apparently an exception to the rule. It's ok to treat me like s***. People can yell at me all they want and still call themselves nice people. It's just very hypocritical.
Let me paint a scenario for you. A woman comes up to you and she's crying. You hug her. You ask her what's going on. She tells you that she's having a hard time. You sit down with her. You ask her to tell you about it. She says that men just aren't attracted to her. You tell her that you're sure that she'll meet someone soon. She tells you that she doubts it. You tell her that it will happen. She tells you that she doubts it because all men are stupid a-holes. You tell her that it's not true. There are some good men out there. She tells you that you are wrong - all men are stupid a-holes and that she wants nothing to do with them. You tell her that - no - there really are some good men out there - maybe she should just change the way she interacts with them or she should change who she chooses to interact with. She tells you to stop blaming her! She's the victim! All men are scum and nothing is her fault! You tell her that maybe she's scaring guys off because she doesn't trust them. She tells you - WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU! ALL MEN ARE A-HOLE SCUMBAGS AND I'M A VICTIM BECAUSE THEY AREN'T ATTRACTED TO ME! YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM! YOU ARE A SCUMBAG! You tell her to calm down and that maybe she needs to deal with some of her issues because you are not a scumbag and there are other men that aren't scumbags, too. You tell her that if she feels like all men are scumbags though - the good guys might feel put off by her as well as the scumbags. She tells you - SHUT UP! YOU SCUMBAG! YOU A-HOLE! YOU'RE MEAN! HOW CAN YOU TREAT ME THIS WAY! A-HOLE! A-HOLE!

Now - do you still want to be nice to her?

Old 10-26-2012, 09:25 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,220,007 times
Quote:
Are you a nice person?

(I am curious to see how many of the ladies who yell at me all the time would describe themselves as nice people... it will be interesting to see how honest people are.)
Unless someone types out an entire post to you in all caps, no one has yelled at you.

I cry b.s. on this thread. It's more passive-aggressiveness from you, like many of your other threads. Enough is enough. I can only speak for myself, but your constant whininess and subtle jibes have destroyed any inclination I might have to be nice to you and I don't particularly care how you feel about it. Quit complaining and go see a shrink already.

Happy now?

Old 10-26-2012, 09:29 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,417,385 times
smh forget about it.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:52 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,422,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Let me paint a scenario for you. A woman comes up to you and she's crying. You hug her. You ask her what's going on. She tells you that she's having a hard time. You sit down with her. You ask her to tell you about it. She says that men just aren't attracted to her. You tell her that you're sure that she'll meet someone soon. She tells you that she doubts it. You tell her that it will happen. She tells you that she doubts it because all men are stupid a-holes. You tell her that it's not true. There are some good men out there. She tells you that you are wrong - all men are stupid a-holes and that she wants nothing to do with them. You tell her that - no - there really are some good men out there - maybe she should just change the way she interacts with them or she should change who she chooses to interact with. She tells you to stop blaming her! She's the victim! All men are scum and nothing is her fault! You tell her that maybe she's scaring guys off because she doesn't trust them. She tells you - WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU! ALL MEN ARE A-HOLE SCUMBAGS AND I'M A VICTIM BECAUSE THEY AREN'T ATTRACTED TO ME! YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM! YOU ARE A SCUMBAG! You tell her to calm down and that maybe she needs to deal with some of her issues because you are not a scumbag and there are other men that aren't scumbags, too. You tell her that if she feels like all men are scumbags though - the good guys might feel put off by her as well as the scumbags. She tells you - SHUT UP! YOU SCUMBAG! YOU A-HOLE! YOU'RE MEAN! HOW CAN YOU TREAT ME THIS WAY! A-HOLE! A-HOLE!

She's got American Tourister written all over her.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:06 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,798,419 times
Quote:

(tear) That was a beautiful explanation. (blows nose)

Old 10-26-2012, 10:07 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,185,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Unless someone types out an entire post to you in all caps, no one has yelled at you.

I cry b.s. on this thread. It's more passive-aggressiveness from you, like many of your other threads. Enough is enough. I can only speak for myself, but your constant whininess and subtle jibes have destroyed any inclination I might have to be nice to you and I don't particularly care how you feel about it. Quit complaining and go see a shrink already.

Happy now?
I'm already seeing someone and paying her $300 a month. Are you another one of the self-proclaimed "nice" people who likes to kick someone when they are down? Or do you flat-out admit that you lack compassion?

Old 10-26-2012, 10:10 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,808,239 times
Quote:
I'm already seeing someone and paying her $300 a month. Are you another one of the self-proclaimed "nice" people who likes to kick someone when they are down? Or do you flat-out admit that you lack compassion?
The only one here who's kicking you down is you.

Now... just stop it.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:10 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,185,034 times
Quote:

You may have a point... not sure i agree with you entirely, but it's a good perspective to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships