Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 03:51 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times

Advertisements

...Read here.

I used to be at a loss myself when it came to talking to women. One thing I realized is that, it is nowhere near as complicated as some of us make it out to be.

Perhaps there is some pressure to impress. I will tell you right off the bat. DO NOT IMPRESS!!!

What I mean is do not try to make her go "WOW!!!" That reeks of insecurity.

Below is a list of what you can talk about with women in general upon meeting her.

The weather
The respective area you are in
Special events
Work (General)
Music
Free Time
Favorite Place to Go
etc.

Of course, this depends on context. We must be sensitive to this.

Here is what you don't talk about with women upon meeting her.

How ugly you are. (She knows you look like Quasi Moto, she has eyes, you know)
How you can do belch the alphabet
How much Jesus loves her. (If you are not in Church, otherwise preach away pastor)
How the Government is out to get you and her
That night you got abducted and probed by the Aliens who masqueraded as your Auntie.
That night you found out that the Alien actually was your auntie
Your $1,000,000,000,000,000 bank account. (You are either lying or looking to get mugged)
How everyone hates you because you are short. (FYI, short people are cool. I myself am short... in the NBA)

There you have it. I know there is more, but... I got to run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 04:16 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Wait, there is a bank account with that amount of money?

Old 10-24-2012, 04:17 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
You can talk about anything in the world, although it is usualy smart to avoid overly logical topics, politics,bragging (shows insecurity), religion or how much you would love to tap that. Instead, feel and act relaxed and sexual. The most important thing to talk about however when you approach, is the fact that you are attracted to her.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:17 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
...Read here.

I used to be at a loss myself when it came to talking to women. One thing I realized is that, it is nowhere near as complicated as some of us make it out to be.

Perhaps there is some pressure to impress. I will tell you right off the bat. DO NOT IMPRESS!!!

What I mean is do not try to make her go "WOW!!!" That reeks of insecurity.

Below is a list of what you can talk about with women in general upon meeting her.

The weather
The respective area you are in
Special events
Work (General)
Music
Free Time
Favorite Place to Go
etc.

Of course, this depends on context. We must be sensitive to this.

Here is what you don't talk about with women upon meeting her.

How ugly you are. (She knows you look like Quasi Moto, she has eyes, you know)
How you can do belch the alphabet
How much Jesus loves her. (If you are not in Church, otherwise preach away pastor)
How the Government is out to get you and her
That night you got abducted and probed by the Aliens who masqueraded as your Auntie.
That night you found out that the Alien actually was your auntie
Your $1,000,000,000,000,000 bank account. (You are either lying or looking to get mugged)
How everyone hates you because you are short. (FYI, short people are cool. I myself am short... in the NBA)

There you have it. I know there is more, but... I got to run.
All good points... cannot agree more. To wit: be real.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:04 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
100% agreed OP.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:18 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
I appreciate your approach here, but there's really no formula for it. (I assume this is an initial approach.)

Weather is boring. Talking about your surroundings is weird. Why would I want to know your favorite place when I don't even know you?

Conversation should be organic. Introduce yourself and go from there. Most importantly, dont be boring (weather, etc).

And don't tell her how beautiful she is. Skeezy.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:34 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
And don't tell her how beautiful she is. Skeezy.
Best advice in the thread.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:18 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Best advice in the thread.

Not sure why guys think we want to hear that. It's nice to hear in a relationship, but not from a stranger.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You can talk about anything in the world, although it is usualy smart to avoid overly logical topics, politics,bragging (shows insecurity), religion or how much you would love to tap that. Instead, feel and act relaxed and sexual. The most important thing to talk about however when you approach, is the fact that you are attracted to her.
Okay - that just made me literally laugh out loud!!! Yes - just act sexual! Hahahahahaha!!!

As for the OP - I think the gist of what you are saying is spot on. Just be yourself - don't try so hard. People are either going to get each other or they aren't.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,220 times
I just fiddle with my wallet and let one of those X-tra Large Magnum condoms fall out and say "oh my, my x-tra large Magnum condom has fallen out of my wallet, how mortifying!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships