Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,453,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Can't remember the name, but they had that show, with four gay guys usually doing an overhaul on a guy's dress and home style. Was a cute show. But wouldn't have enjoyed to be with any guy that used that much product as a result of that overhaul.
Sounds like you are talking about "***** Eye for the Straight Guy?"

I equate high maintenance with drama and I find that exhausting. I'm pretty laid back for the most part and would mesh best with someone else who is low maintenance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,282,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
what in the hell is a high maintenance man?
I think the only difference between a high maintenance man and a high maintenance woman is that a man will take care of his so called high maintenance life while a woman may take care of it AND also expect men to take care of that lifestyle.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,469,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Sounds like you are talking about "***** Eye for the Straight Guy?"

I equate high maintenance with drama and I find that exhausting. I'm pretty laid back for the most part and would mesh best with someone else who is low maintenance.
Took me a minute to figure out the first part, which begins with a Q was, but yes, that was the show. I mostly enjoyed the apt/home make overs.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:24 AM

36,557 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
This topic came up last week when a co-worker complimented me saying: I was 'low maintenance'
He thought many women would find this attractive in men today.
Truth be told, I never really thought of guys in terms of 'maintenance' but I guess that we are
So what's your preference and why
Definately low maintance. I dont know why anyone would prefer anything high maintance.
I equate high maintance with drama and self absorbance.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I think the only difference between a high maintenance man and a high maintenance woman is that a man will take care of his so called high maintenance life while a woman may take care of it AND also expect men to take care of that lifestyle.
So if a man is high maintenance it dosent affect his partner, but if a woman is high maintenance it does affect her partner?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:31 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,282,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So if a man is high maintenance it dosent affect his partner, but if a woman is high maintenance it does affect her partner?
A high maintenance person who doesn’t have a partner will have to take care of expenses on their own (nails, hair, etc. as well as the restaurants they consider high up to their level and other activities). But if that high maintenance girl has a guy pursue her, guess who will cover her high maintenance lifestyle? --- the guy. That’s the difference between a guy/girl who are high maintenance. A guy will most likely take care of it and the woman will most likely have a man taking care of that lifestyle.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,796 times
no man would be caught dead getting a pedicure.. you think clint eastwood gets his nails done?

Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 PM

884 posts, read 1,406,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
no man would be caught dead getting a pedicure.. you think clint eastwood gets his nails done?
I agree. No way would I get a pedicure or manicure.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
A high maintenance person who doesn’t have a partner will have to take care of expenses on their own (nails, hair, etc. as well as the restaurants they consider high up to their level and other activities). But if that high maintenance girl has a guy pursue her, guess who will cover her high maintenance lifestyle? --- the guy. That’s the difference between a guy/girl who are high maintenance. A guy will most likely take care of it and the woman will most likely have a man taking care of that lifestyle.
Oh, I forgot in your world women do not have careers or earn an income thus dont support themselves and never pay for anything. What year is it again?

Old 11-15-2012, 12:47 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,418,521 times
I find that most women at least the ones I hang out with tend to prefer the low maintenance types of guys. High maintenance ones are usually very into themselves and we can spot that a mile away. There's a sense of mellowness in low-maintenance guys I tend to appreciate. They're often times more easy-going, all around easy to get along with. The ones that are way into fashion, how their hair looks, whom they associate with wreak of underlying narcissistism I personally like low-main guys; they're so much more FUN to hang around and goof off with!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships