Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many of the following have you had in dating/love?
Zero - kill me now 3 6.52%
One 1 2.17%
Two 2 4.35%
Three - Hey, I could be those saps in 0,1,2 1 2.17%
Four 7 15.22%
Five 3 6.52%
Six 6 13.04%
Seven - Sooo close. 9 19.57%
Eight - Thangs aint bad after all 14 30.43%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM

701 posts, read 1,564,304 times

Advertisements

1) Yes, only one crush, though.

2) Didn't go to prom. Never cared for homecoming, prom, or anything like that in high school. I don't understand not going is always scrutinized though. It's just a high school dance; why is so much emphasis put upon it? (Here comes the responses calling me a loser)

3) Yes

4) No

5) Yes

6) Yes

7) No

8) No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 05:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
SUNDAY PROCRASTINATION! But this will be my last post of the day. I'll sit back and read the answers...

How many of the following have you had/done in your life?

1) A major crush (physical) who returned your feelings

Yes. But I'll tell you that my first major crush turned out to be gay - so it wasn't him!
2) A date to the prom
Yes.

3) Have a stranger come up to you (OF YOUR AGE) and call you beautiful/handsome?

Yes.

4) Been asked out on a date

Yes.

5) Rejected somebody

Yes.

6) Friendzoned somebody (must be someone who was an ACTUAL friend)

Yes.

7) Picked up/been picked up by someone at a bar/club for sex or romantic contact then or later

Party - yes (but no sex), bar - I don't think so...
8) Had a one night stand

Nope.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:41 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,390,859 times
Quote:
SUNDAY PROCRASTINATION! But this will be my last post of the day. I'll sit back and read the answers...

1) A major crush (physical) who returned your feelings No.

2) A date to the prom Went in a group.

3) Have a stranger come up to you (OF YOUR AGE) and call you beautiful/handsome? Yes

4) Been asked out on a date It's been a long time.

5) Rejected somebody Just a scary looking creep.

No
7) Picked up/been picked up by someone at a bar/club for sex or romantic contact then or later Yes

8) Had a one night stand
Yes, but no longer do that.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,910,431 times
All but 6 and 8. Well I was on the fence about #2, the guy who asked me was gay. He came out in college. As for 7? Well they tried. I didn't accept.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:47 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,377,754 times
Quote:

1) A major crush (physical) who returned your feelings

2) A date to the prom

3) Have a stranger come up to you (OF YOUR AGE) and call you beautiful/handsome?

4) Been asked out on a date

5) Rejected somebody

7) Picked up/been picked up by someone at a bar/club for sex or romantic contact then or later

8) Had a one night stand
1-3, no.
4-8, yes.
Some questions apply to same person (I rejected-romantically-someone & friendzoned him).
All of these refer to my past, though-so what if I had a social life 20 years ago ? My recent, present, and likely future circumstances are what most concern me now. While I'm glad I had experiences on which to reflect, that doesn't necessarily translate to an improved current situation. I've loved and lost, and have been loved, (or, at least so I was led to believe). It's better than nothing, sure-but memories of extinct relationships don't provide the ongoing interactivity that I would like with another human being.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,788,090 times
Yes from 1-6
7 Depends the definition of "romantic contact"?
8 Never ask a lady how old she is, if she lied about her weight on her drivers or if she has ever had a one night stand...

Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,111,249 times
Who answered zero?!?

Come forth and claim thy prize.

Truth be told, this was kind of a semi-sad sack post. I wrote it knowing my own answer would be zero, but after reading some of the responses, I can use some positive creative angles to give myself at least a point.

4) I have had a girlfriend before, so I guess her asking me to go out consists of a date. That's not how I meant the question, but I'll take it. Otherwise, no. I award myself half a point.

5) A friend of mine who had a boyfriend tried to kiss me once when drunk and I backed off. Her BF is my friend too. Truth be told, I'd probably have dated her for a bit if he wasn't in the picture. I guess that counts. I have also been hit on by a couple of gay guys. But I didn't really reject them. More like they just said something embarrassing and I ignored it. One point awarded.

Total = 1.5 points ...

Old 11-19-2012, 03:11 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,156,575 times
3,4,5 yes and no to the rest.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:26 AM

633 posts, read 724,615 times
Quote:

1) A major crush (physical) who returned your feelings - never. and that boy was the 'love' of my life. lol.

2) A date to the prom - i just went with myself well 'luckily' i've had 1 guy class mate whose goal that night was to dance to as many girls as he can, im 1 of them.. lol

3) Have a stranger come up to you (OF YOUR AGE) and call you beautiful/handsome? - 2 that i remember, don't usually pay attention to it.

4) Been asked out on a date - well online dating made that happen but offline? once in blue moon and they're all rejected. but online dating ? i say yes to any1 who asks even if they're not my type wait... NONE of them were.

5) Rejected somebody - ya those 2 poor coworkers who ask me out

6) Friendzoned somebody (must be someone who was an ACTUAL friend) - yap and i kind of wonder if i did the right thing.

7) Picked up/been picked up by someone at a bar/club for sex or romantic contact then or later - never.. but i was asked by an old guy to dance with him in a disco that was in the 80s and i was only a teenager. they don't check IDs in my country

8) Had a one night stand - sort of. once and it's lame WTF.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM

6,567 posts, read 12,073,388 times
All except #3. I can't recall a total stranger around my age telling me I'm handsome right off the bat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships