Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The reason i dont get friendzoned is If I get turned down, im done talking to her and that's that. Too many guys hang around women who reject them and complain they're in the "friendzone"
^^^^^ this. Exactly, if she turns you down move on to the next one. Don't waste time trying to be her "friend".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 06:14 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
But in general the "friendzone" is funny when you analyze it how men and women differently think about it. That and it's mostly seen as a guy issue.

1.Most of the women I've heard in my life or online who have complained about the friendzone say its when guys just have sex with them(or want to) but don't want to date them, be in an exclusive relationship with them

2. ALL the men I've heard in my life or online who've complained about the friend zone say its when the women they like doesnt want any thing to do with them on an intimate level(no sex/ no relationship)

Now guys, imagine if every woman who ever rejected you didn't want to date you but would gladly sleep with you any time you wanted? Most men would sign up for that, but most women view that as bad. It shows you how different we view these things
That's because men use love to get sex, and women use sex to get love.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:20 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I don't know when the term "friendzoning" ever came into existence, but when I started out in the dating world back in 1987, this is how it went: Someone liked you, if you were interested back, you went out. If you weren't interested, that was the end of it. Seems pretty basic, but it worked just fine, IMO. Yes or no. Done. You didn't linger, in dating purgatory, getting your (false) hopes up.

YMMV.
Exactly. "Friendzone" is just a term someone came up with to deal with the unpleasant fact that not every person that they are attracted to, wants to date them. Some folks just can't deal with that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Because people meet outside of the realm of dating. You can't just go to every school classmate, co-worker, and person in your social circle and be like, "Do you want to date? Yes or no."

It would be awkward. So people become attracted over time, and later on, they find out if that person feels the same.
What? Why would anyone poll everyone they know and ask them to go out? You make no sense. Clearly you don't have much experience with dating.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Exactly. "Friendzone" is just a term someone came up with to deal with the unpleasant fact that not every person that they are attracted to, wants to date them. Some folks just can't deal with that fact.

What? Why would anyone poll everyone they know and ask them to go out? You make no sense. Clearly you don't have much experience with dating.
What is with this rough and tumble attitude everybody has?

Are you a mother? Do you have a son?

If he liked a girl at school that he met during class, fell for her over time, and then she decided she just saw him as a friend, and he came to you heartbroken, would you tell him to suck it up, stop being such a p@ssy, and that he obviously has no experience dating and to get some quick and call him a loser.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

Also, if you bothered to READ my post, I said people CANNOT do that.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
What is with this rough and tumble attitude everybody has?

Are you a mother? Do you have a son?

If he liked a girl at school that he met during class, fell for her over time, and then she decided she just saw him as a friend, and he came to you heartbroken, would you tell him to suck it up, stop being such a p@ssy, and that he obviously has no experience dating and to get some quick and call him a loser.
^^That is part of the problem. Once you (general 'you') first have a thought that you might be interested in a girl, ask her out, and either she'd want to go on a date with you, or she wouldn't.

Allowing yourself to fall for someone over a prolonged period of time, investing your heart and emotions into someone that has no clue how you feel, is you setting yourself up for a heartbreak, when the time comes and that person doesn't return your feelings.

It is not necessary to become friends with someone before dating them. If you have an interest in someone, ask them out, and if they say yes, that first date, and time spent together, should be enough to determine whether or not there is anything there to pursue. You can develop a friendship while being in a relationship. One does not need to precede the other. IMO, being friends first, is most often where you'll remain.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,835 times
Quote:
Sometimes things happen and you see people in a different light.

The women I've fallen for have not been my type physically at all at first. Sometimes it takes months for certain qualities to manifest in people.

Get back to me when it happens to you, and you'll see what I mean.
Nah that's bull. This is just a self-serving excuse to get close to women who are hot.

Not your type physically? Did she all of a sudden mutate into a pretty girl? Her chest suddenly pop out?

It'd be different if you said you always knew she was pretty but her personality grew on you. That would be believable.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^That is part of the problem. Once you (general 'you') first have a thought that you might be interested in a girl, ask her out, and either she'd want to go on a date with you, or she wouldn't.

Allowing yourself to fall for someone over a prolonged period of time, investing your heart and emotions into someone that has no clue how you feel, is you setting yourself up for a heartbreak, when the time comes and that person doesn't return your feelings.

It is not necessary to become friends with someone before dating them. If you have an interest in someone, ask them out, and if they say yes, that first date, and time spent together, should be enough to determine whether or not there is anything there to pursue. You can develop a friendship while being in a relationship. One does not need to precede the other. IMO, being friends first, is most often where you'll remain.
I agree that's the best way. But in the meantime, guys that make the mistake of falling for a woman over time should not be crucified as less than men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Nah that's bull. This is just a self-serving excuse to get close to women who are hot.

Not your type physically? Did she all of a sudden mutate into a pretty girl? Her chest suddenly pop out?

It'd be different if you said you always knew she was pretty but her personality grew on you. That would be believable.
Yea, you're right. I'm just after the hottest piece of a@@. Read my posts and you'll confirm it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships