Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 10:01 AM

61 posts, read 59,975 times

Advertisements

Well what do you guys believe? It's ok to still keep in contact with a contact so soon after talking to them and being close? Even if they now have a bf? She literally went on a date with the guy the day after that night.... Yeah I know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 AM

*ex not contact haha

Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy21 View Post
Well what do you guys believe? It's ok to still keep in contact with a contact so soon after talking to them and being close? Even if they now have a bf? She literally went on a date with the guy the day after that night.... Yeah I know
I think you are trying to cause trouble. That's what I think.

Like I said - I'm still best friends with one of my exes. And I kept talking to my ex-fiancee for a long time after we called off the wedding even though I was already with my (now) husband.

Leave it alone.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,692 times
If I were you, id completely cut off communication unless you have a genuine interest in being friends with your ex going forward. Next time she calls tell her she has had her chance, and that you cant talk too long because you are getting ready to go out on a date with an upgrade. Plenty of fish in the sea, life is short dont waste another minute.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:05 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times
THIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
Leave it alone. It's not your business. She is your EX. The need to message the guy is your being spiteful and in no way the "right thing." If there is a "right thing" in this situation it is for you to say to your ex "Hey, I don't think it's right that you're messaging me given your new relationship and all." Then if she continues to do so, say "I see you didn't understand my original message so I'm going to be blocking your number."

Old 11-20-2012, 10:06 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,302,537 times
Quote:
My ex got a new boyfriend, and I havent talked to her for 4 days straight now I know they are dating for good. She called me once yesterday, and then once this morning at like 8. You guys can be glad to hear I haven't answer either times. BUT, would it be the right thing to do, to message her new boyfriend and tell him what's going on behind his back for his sake? Or just leave it alone? I would want that kind of truth if I was in his shoes. I guess she just can't take losing me or that comfort or whatever it is but you shouldn't be contacting your ex when you are dating a guy. FACT
I don't get it. This question sounds like it is coming from a female.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I don't get it. This question sounds like it is coming from a female.
Very true, that was my initial thought as well. Way too vindictive and envious for a guy who is supposed to be moving on.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,797 times
What you hoping the outcome will be? Personally if someone called me to rat out someone I'd reply with, "Yeah, I know." Even if I didn't, I'd want them to feel like a jackwagon.

Leave. It. Alone.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 AM

Ok. And before you guys starting saying I'm envious, just know I thought about telling this guy at first, then shot it down, because I knew it wasn't my business. My friend told me today that he thinks telling the guy would be the right thing to do. That's the only reason I posted this, to see if he was just the only person saying that would be thing to do.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 AM

904 posts, read 1,381,861 times
Quote:
Ok. And before you guys starting saying I'm envious, just know I thought about telling this guy at first, then shot it down, because I knew it wasn't my business. My friend told me today that he thinks telling the guy would be the right thing to do. That's the only reason I posted this, to see if he was just the only person saying that would be thing to do.
Your friend sounds like he has some growing up to do. It is horrible advice and I would start wondering whether having a friend who gave me such advice was good for me or not.

I repeat, what I initially said. This whole thing is none of your business. So stop trying to rationalize making it your business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships