Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 12:38 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,680,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Brahmabull, your sister reminds me a little of my cousin who is stunning with her Italian/English/Mexican heritage. But like your sister, there are going to be guys who think "meh, she's alright but I've seen better" for no other reason than they prefer something different. That's the beauty of this-we aren't all attracted to the same thing.

Your picture isn't in your profile so I don't know for sure what you look like. Yeah, Mario Lopez is a good looking guy with those dimples but he also reminds me of one of my cousins (from the other side of the family-I have some really good looking cousins) so dating someone who looked like that would be a bit creepy. Plus, while I appreciate the effort that goes into 6-pack abs, I like someone a little softer. So while you might be attractive, chances are you would be someone I'm not attracted to, if that makes sense.

It's all good. I'm just looking for a girl who is similar to myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,288,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Unfortunately almost every guy online thinks he deserves a hottie, even guys lacking in hotness. Then they wonder why they are single years later and no women want them.
I know, huh? People sometimes seem to ask more than what they can offer. Guys thinking they deserve a hottie or girls who think they deserve a rich man.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:43 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,906,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Brahmabull, your sister reminds me a little of my cousin who is stunning with her Italian/English/Mexican heritage. But like your sister, there are going to be guys who think "meh, she's alright but I've seen better" for no other reason than they prefer something different. That's the beauty of this-we aren't all attracted to the same thing.

Your picture isn't in your profile so I don't know for sure what you look like. Yeah, Mario Lopez is a good looking guy with those dimples but he also reminds me of one of my cousins (from the other side of the family-I have some really good looking cousins) so dating someone who looked like that would be a bit creepy. Plus, while I appreciate the effort that goes into 6-pack abs, I like someone a little softer. So while you might be attractive, chances are you would be someone I'm not attracted to, if that makes sense.
Very true and this is something we all forget. The fact is not all of us will be attracted to the same people and many of us aren't attracted to people considered handsome or beautiful. I don't find Brad Pitt appealing and several male friends didn't find Pamela Anderson hot either.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,183,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
My brother, who is 29, has forever complained that he cannot meet eligible women. He has the type of job where he does not work with any eligible women. He doesn't particularly like to go to singles bars, and he isn't much of a church-goer, so I can see where the possibilities do get pretty thin. Not long ago he told me that he could go a month without even speaking to a single woman between the ages of 20-35. I think it might actually take a concerted effort for some guys to find single women, depending on their circumstances. Online dating exists for a reason.
It's not that difficult. None of the guys and women I knew in my 20's went to bars or to church. They all found a partner, at least for shorter-term. There are weekend sports groups, soccer leagues, hiking groups, that cater to singles. There are political action groups that draw young singles. There are gyms with special classes, there are community-based or university-based adult education programs that are cheap. There are endless possibilities, unless someone lives in a rural area. If he's not meeting women, he's not trying.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,210,018 times
This just goes to the myth of if a man is having troubles dating wise he's going after "hot girls"

And that's a load of crap.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,906,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This just goes to the myth of if a man is having troubles dating wise he's going after "hot girls"

Actually it's not. Many men are trying the hotter younger women and these include men who are neither hot nor young.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,223,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
If this has already been done to death, please accept my apologies.

I hear men complain a lot about how they cannot find anyone to date. I have a feeling this may be because they are focused on a very narrow spectrum of women. Basically, a lot of these men will only consider women who are extremely good-looking. They often look right past the women they know who are charming, funny, warm, sweet and interesting, but more ordinary looking. Is this often the case?
Men are not the only ones that do this.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:50 PM

344 posts, read 396,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's not that difficult. None of the guys and women I knew in my 20's went to bars or to church. They all found a partner, at least for shorter-term. There are weekend sports groups, soccer leagues, hiking groups, that cater to singles. There are political action groups that draw young singles. There are gyms with special classes, there are community-based or university-based adult education programs that are cheap. There are endless possibilities, unless someone lives in a rural area. If he's not meeting women, he's not trying.
I think if a guy is uninterested in those types of activities, if a person is more into solitary activities, then I believe that it does come down to what I referred to as a "concerted effort" for many guys to meet a prospective single woman. Personally, I can see why internet dating websites exist.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM

896 posts, read 1,478,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

You'd be wrong.

There are a plethera of women available. They just dont match what your single buddies are seeing in the strxp club, magazines, and on the internet.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:33 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,746,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
You'd be wrong.

There are a plethera of women available. They just dont match what your single buddies are seeing in the strxp club, magazines, and on the internet.
in other words, they are regular everyday women? Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships