Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 08:00 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,115,057 times

Advertisements

Dear men of CD relationships who struggle to get women,

Newsflash. There is nothing wrong with you. The reason why you can't get women is not because you are deficient. You don't have to get a better job. You don't have to get another degree. You're not ugly, stupid, boring, lazy or sullen. Women in real life CANNOT tell that you are bitter. No way, no how.

I'd like to share a short story. A professor for a class I'm taking, where I got the top grade in the class, accused me of being too serious about the class. So, what did my mind jump to? Immediately it jumped to ... "I'm too serious and boring, that's why women don't like me. I need to make myself more fun."

The other night, I went out drinking with my female friend. And I told her the story and she laughed. She doesn't see me as too serious whatsoever. Quite the opposite actually.

DON'T beat yourself up. Women are picky and you are probably not the most spectacular guy. But, you are probably not going for the most spectacular women. No matter. You're still going to get rejected. A lot. That's how it is. Just get out there and play the game.

Rant, whine, be bitter here all you want. NOBODY can tell that you are this way in real life. Trust me. But you MUST go out and do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 08:03 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,135,274 times
Jobaba, I really think that your problem is that you are doing entirely too much overthinking. Women are just people.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:04 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,027,782 times
that will change once they hit 35

Old 12-24-2012, 08:11 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,718,807 times
One of the key's to a successful dating life is to ask the right questions. Most men are asking "what does this girl have to offer me" but maybe they need to be asking " what do i have to offer HER".

If you look at yourself from within and try to become the best 'catch' you can be, you're on your way to a successful dating career.

Instead of looking at a girl saying "aah, she's too pretty for me, she probably has a boyfriend, why would she give me the time of day" you need to be saying "i have this, this, this and this going for me, im a good catch, i have a lot to offer her and im always trying to improve and be the nicest guy i can be" you'll have a good head start.

BE the great catch that you're looking for. Women arent dumb, if you're an average (or worse) catch and she's a decent (or better) catch, she's not going to want you. Work on your 'catchability'. Make yourself a better catch and your dating pool will open up dramatically.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:24 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,115,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
Jobaba, I really think that your problem is that you are doing entirely too much overthinking. Women are just people.
Nobody in the real world can tell that I'm overthinking either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post

BE the great catch that you're looking for. Women arent dumb, if you're an average (or worse) catch and she's a decent (or better) catch, she's not going to want you. Work on your 'catchability'. Make yourself a better catch and your dating pool will open up dramatically.
I'd could list the things that I have and the things that the women who have rejected me have and I have more. Most of the time. Are they better looking than me? Maybe. But we're not talking about supermodels by any stretch. And at least a number could have passed for my sister. What you suggest is what exactly you SHOULD NOT DO. Beat yourself up and blame your lack of success on yourself.

This is of course addressed to men who have the common sense to work on themselves for themselves. It also assumes that they are not being called stupid, lazy, boring in real life by MANY people. If they are, then they should address it.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:29 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
Quote:
Excellent advice. Probably some of the best advice on this forum.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:31 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Nobody in the real world can tell that I'm overthinking either.

I'd could list the things that I have and the things that the women who have rejected me have and I have more. Most of the time. Are they better looking than me? Maybe. But we're not talking about supermodels by any stretch. And at least a number could have passed for my sister. What you suggest is what exactly you SHOULD NOT DO. Beat yourself up and blame your lack of success on yourself.

This is of course addressed to men who have the common sense to work on themselves for themselves. It also assumes that they are not being called stupid, lazy, boring in real life by MANY people. If they are, then they should address it.
I don't think he's suggesting you beat yourself up. I'm not sure how you got that out of his post. I did exactly what he stated (I thought of the kind of man I wanted and then I became that person). It worked.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:33 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,676,800 times
Quote:
One of the key's to a successful dating life is to ask the right questions. Most men are asking "what does this girl have to offer me" but maybe they need to be asking " what do i have to offer HER".
I can't offer her anything she wouldn't be capable of getting herself. It makes me perpetually single. Even when I'm not...it's like I'm in a relationship just to be in one.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:24 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,794,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Dear men of CD relationships who struggle to get women,

Newsflash. There is nothing wrong with you. The reason why you can't get women is not because you are deficient. You don't have to get a better job. You don't have to get another degree. You're not ugly, stupid, boring, lazy or sullen. Women in real life CANNOT tell that you are bitter. No way, no how.

I'd like to share a short story. A professor for a class I'm taking, where I got the top grade in the class, accused me of being too serious about the class. So, what did my mind jump to? Immediately it jumped to ... "I'm too serious and boring, that's why women don't like me. I need to make myself more fun."

The other night, I went out drinking with my female friend. And I told her the story and she laughed. She doesn't see me as too serious whatsoever. Quite the opposite actually.

DON'T beat yourself up. Women are picky and you are probably not the most spectacular guy. But, you are probably not going for the most spectacular women. No matter. You're still going to get rejected. A lot. That's how it is. Just get out there and play the game.

Rant, whine, be bitter here all you want. NOBODY can tell that you are this way in real life. Trust me. But you MUST go out and do.
Thanks for the words of encouragment, I have been feeling down lately when it comes to meeting anyone, but this helped me to see things in a different light. Thanks!

Old 12-24-2012, 10:29 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,794,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
that will change once they hit 35
This is true, and this may be why they are so picky at a younger age because they only have a gap of time to fish for the right one. It doesn't mean that the game has changed, but their ability to bare children starts to go away and their mentality changes as far as thinking they look good anymore as they get older and still haven't found the right man. As far as us guys, I don't personally see my outlook getting worse as I get older and am still single. I feel like things are on the upside as I am about to hit 35 this coming year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships