Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM

354 posts, read 518,066 times

Advertisements

LOL sounds like all party involve get off via online shenanigans. i bet they also met online too. who does long distance relationship and call it serious anyway. i never ever get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Any ideas or advice on what to do in this situation? All comments and criticism are appreciated, I'm just really confused as to what I should do.
Well, first of all, in my opinion, either you are married or you are single. If you are single you have no obligation, nor commitment to anyone and you can do whatever you wish with whomever you wish.

That having been said, this woman and your best friend behaving with such lack of respect for you or your feelings shows to me that you need to find both a new girlfriend *and* a new best friend. These people obviously care only about themselves. You are infinitely better without either of them in your life.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-07-2012, 03:56 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Deeply in love? She's not in love with you if she cheated on you, physically or emotionally.

Dump her ass and move on. She's not worth the effort.
This. ^^^^^

Also, you haven't been together long, and obviously you don't know each other as well as you think, so I hope for everyone's sake you refrain from making more "big plans."

Old 12-07-2012, 03:57 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
She asks about my friends. She met him through FB and started chatting that way.
She claims she doesn't know why she did it, but felt bad even while doing it. She has confessed how incredibly sorry she is and that she doesn't know how she would carry on without me, and has begged me not to leave her. I still kind of feel obligated to keep her though, since I made the same exact mistake several months ago, except it wasn't with her best friend, just a random girl. Idk, I'm confused. Maybe long distance relationships are just too tough and I should find someone who's here and now.
She will cheat on you for real some day. Guaranteed.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,044,409 times
You have a crappy girlfriend and a crappy best friend. Sometimes emotional cheating is just as damaging as physical - either way, it breaks the trust. And if you have zero trust, you don't have a relationship. Lack of trust causes jealousy, anxiety, and other icky things so if you feel like you'll always be wondering if she's faithful after this, it's probably best to end it.

And you shouldn't be talking about marriage after 10 months in a long distance relationship either, but that's just my opinion.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:02 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,231,638 times
Make sure there isn't a second time. Dump her. Dump your "friend"...Move on quickly!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:08 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,385,802 times
I'd break off this relationship immediately. Your "girlfriend" went out of her way to track down your best friend and cheat on you with him. Is this the type of person you want to have a relationship with? She could have at least had a discreet relationship with someone in her hometown. I'd drop her like a hot potato.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,156,173 times
Two wrongs do not make a right....that being said...dump the gf and the friend. Trust is an essential requirement in any longterm lasting relationship whether it be best friend or girlfriend.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:19 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,984,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Dude you have to dump her. She has no respect for you as a man whatsoever. There is no recovering from this especially since this happened early. The relationship is toast because she is not attracted to you and she has already banged some dude at work or from class.
She didn't literally "bang" him. It all occurred over the phone and Skype.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:22 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,423 times
The only logical solution is to bang HER best friend. Then have both of them cook you a hot meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships