Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,757,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Is there any one cause for the disparity? Any ongoing issues that caused such strife?

You likely know your wife well, And the gift would be only half of it. Expressing very clearly that you love her and want to fix things. Something sentimental, Perhaps a date in one of the places you went to early in the relationship. Add a handwritten letter with the gift would be good too. I hope things work out for you, And it will take a constant effort to go about solving the difficulties and growing together. All the best my friend.
On my part being lazy,expecting everything to be handed to me hand and foot,not helping with kids,just being an overall crappy husband on her part talking to another guy she knew from high school and now she claims she has feelings for him. Of course it took us being apart for me to find out how bad our relationship is and how close to divorce we are. I tell her every day we talk that I love her and want no one else etc she won't say it back she says she needs time to think...when I return to her we will have been apart for a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Where in his post did he say that she treats him bad????

OP...tough one. When my husband asked what I wanted I asked him to get my watch fixed. I'm not sure that will work for you.

Although, hmmmmm...you could get her a nice watch and inscribe it with something sweet on the back and then let her know you'd love nothing more than to spend time with her
That sounds really nice. Thanks for the suggestion
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
What you need to get her is something she has always wanted, that you haven't given her yet. Show that you listen, understand and care. Nobody on this board knows what that is, or how much or if it costs anything. Only you do. If you truly want your wife back then search hard and the answer will come to you.
Thanks for the suggestion...got time to think!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Well, if she feels like you expected to be waited on and didn't help out with the kids - how about a spa day for her where you take the kids somewhere - and then later, get a sitter, and take her to a really nice restaurant - just the two of you. Just a suggestion. Or think about something that will remind her of when things were really good between the two of you.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:44 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, if she feels like you expected to be waited on and didn't help out with the kids - how about a spa day for her where you take the kids somewhere - and then later, get a sitter, and take her to a really nice restaurant - just the two of you. Just a suggestion. Or think about something that will remind her of when things were really good between the two of you.
And after all that. Give her the D

Old 12-08-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
That's perfect. We have talked about that before and she stresses out so much dealing with 3 kids right now on her own. I think her favorite flowers and a day at the spa is perfect.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:47 PM

662 posts, read 1,260,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
On my part being lazy,expecting everything to be handed to me hand and foot,not helping with kids,just being an overall crappy husband on her part talking to another guy she knew from high school and now she claims she has feelings for him. Of course it took us being apart for me to find out how bad our relationship is and how close to divorce we are. I tell her every day we talk that I love her and want no one else etc she won't say it back she says she needs time to think...when I return to her we will have been apart for a month.
This is a long-shot but I'd go with an uncontested divorce...$150 and on with your life.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:49 PM

2,240 posts, read 5,861,348 times
A weekend away for the two of you. You do the planning, you arrange the sitter for the kids, you book spa services for her. All she has to do is show up. Don't make her do any thinking whatsoever. Wine and dine her. Reminisce about the good old days and tell her your concrete plans for how you're going to change (e.g., work less, take the kids out of the house one morning each weekend so that she can do whatever, etc...). That should make for a happy wife (assuming you really mean all of it, of course)!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:53 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
That's perfect. We have talked about that before and she stresses out so much dealing with 3 kids right now on her own. I think her favorite flowers and a day at the spa is perfect.
You need to inject yourself in there as well. The whole point is to spend time with her.

You should be really concerned that she isn't reciprocating your feelings (the I love you's). I have a feeling no matter what you do, it is not going to be enough. She has checked out of this marriage and the longer you are apart, the easier it is going to be for her to move on. Your best bet would be to spend time with her so you can show her what she is missing (hopefully).

Old 12-08-2012, 05:57 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
cookies
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Get her a onesie with a buttflap.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:04 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Hell I was thinking a vaccum cleaner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships