Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
"I'd hit that." ?????

I see it written more and more and hear it outright. I think it is a blatant form of disrespect towards women.... (and men)

And really, all you men out there saying that...... Do you think all these women you say that about would actually let you?

Would you appreciate someone saying that about your sister, your daughter, or hell, your mother?

Just a thought for the morning.

Edit to have this towards both genders.
Because a lot of people do not engage their filters before opening their yaps.

I never understood why some people feel the need to let every thought that comes into their head go out their mouths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 03:04 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
"I'd hit that." ?????

I see it written more and more and hear it outright. I think it is a blatant form of disrespect towards women.... (and men)

And really, all you men out there saying that...... Do you think all these women you say that about would actually let you?

Would you appreciate someone saying that about your sister, your daughter, or hell, your mother?

Chivarly is dead.

Being a gentleman is dead.

Sad, but true as the Metallica song goes.

I don't get it. There are younger guys and some older too, that actually brag about how they don't treat women with any kind of chivarly. Like opening a door for a woman is a chump move, same goes with paying for a first date.

I don't care if it goes out of style, a woman is NEVER gonna pay for the first few dates, after we've been together for a while, it's cool to chip in.

I read a post a few days ago, where some young dude was actually saying it was good that being "old school" is going out of style.

He didn't even realize what a 2 pump chump he sounded like.

I may post some off color or semi rude things, mostly in the context of trying to be funny, but in real life, I try to be a gentlemen and am proud of that.

BTW, I'm not that old, so being a gentleman isn't that old school......

To get back to your original query, no, I wouldn't say "I'd hit it" I wouldn't want that to be said about any woman I know or otherwise....

Old 12-22-2012, 04:42 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Chivarly is dead.

Being a gentleman is dead.

Sad, but true as the Metallica song goes.

I don't get it. There are younger guys and some older too, that actually brag about how they don't treat women with any kind of chivarly. Like opening a door for a woman is a chump move, same goes with paying for a first date.

I don't care if it goes out of style, a woman is NEVER gonna pay for the first few dates, after we've been together for a while, it's cool to chip in.

I read a post a few days ago, where some young dude was actually saying it was good that being "old school" is going out of style.

He didn't even realize what a 2 pump chump he sounded like.

I may post some off color or semi rude things, mostly in the context of trying to be funny, but in real life, I try to be a gentlemen and am proud of that.

BTW, I'm not that old, so being a gentleman isn't that old school......

To get back to your original query, no, I wouldn't say "I'd hit it" I wouldn't want that to be said about any woman I know or otherwise....
We taught our son to be a gentleman, and he keeps it up. He does open the door for a lady, for the elderly, or his elders in general, etc. I am very proud of the young man he has become.... He just finished his first college semester with 3 A's and 2 B's. He is used to holding a 4.0 or very close to it, so the B's are a change for him.

At any rate, chivalry is still around, but barely, I agree.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:03 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
We taught our son to be a gentleman, and he keeps it up. He does open the door for a lady, for the elderly, or his elders in general, etc. I am very proud of the young man he has become.... He just finished his first college semester with 3 A's and 2 B's. He is used to holding a 4.0 or very close to it, so the B's are a change for him.

At any rate, chivalry is still around, but barely, I agree.
That is good, I like to hear that.

I have a co worker and his kids are really polite and well mannered.

So hopefully there is a generation coming up that adheres to good manners and decency.

No, I was wrong, chivalry isn't completely dead, just keep the AED close by.....

Old 12-22-2012, 08:01 PM

219 posts, read 658,259 times
I see it as a crude statement said mainly between uncouth and douchebaggy males when they see a woman that they find attractive.

Never in my life have I heard a woman say 'I'd hit that", that doesn't even make sense.

I do see it as demeaning because, well, you're just viewing someone as a piece of meat.

Also, aren't the highest demographics of this site, like 20-29, 30-39 50+? Please, nobody past 18 should even be using this saying. Are we adults or a bunch of kids with backwards hats in a shopping mall food court?

Old 12-22-2012, 08:33 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
How about, I would lightly touch that? Doesn't really have that sexual connotation. Actually...it still kind of does.
lol

Old 12-23-2012, 12:29 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Didn't realize this thread was about GPA and chivalry. Let's not go down that road, please.

Anyways, I don't say, 'I'd hit that'. I usually say,

Shawty could get it. Or,

Damn, girl, you pretty. (the way Chris Brown says it in the 'Cake' song with Rihanna.)

Old 12-23-2012, 01:33 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
Testosterone vs estrogen. I think this could settle most gender arguments on this site, but that would be boring.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:51 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
Quote:
"I'd hit that." ?????

Only clowns say things like that (both sexes can be clowns).

Generally, my friends know what girls I'd get with because I'll be talking to them and actively pursuing it. No reason to talk about it.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:22 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Didn't realize this thread was about GPA and chivalry. Let's not go down that road, please.

Anyways, I don't say, 'I'd hit that'. I usually say,

Shawty could get it. Or,

Damn, girl, you pretty. (the way Chris Brown says it in the 'Cake' song with Rihanna.)
Well, I don't see why it couldn't be. I started the thread, and I could not ever imagine a chivalrous person behaving in that manner.

I think it could have very much to do with it. I can absolutely imagine some of the kids from my sons old high school behaving in that manner and I would be willing to bet you could pick out which ones would be doing it.

You think GPA doesn't have a lot to do with things in life? You may want to think again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships