Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 02:37 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I would be concerned that she only sees him "every other week or less". Why is that? It is highly unusual for a woman not to be close to her child let alone lose or not want custody of him and I'd want to know more before becoming involved.
Jay, does she perhaps live far away from her son or have career duties that get in the way? It is a bit strange. I know some women aren't cut out to be mothers though, and as long as the child is in good care...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
Because she was still in the military and was always gone. Other than that? She has always been there for her son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 02:40 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I would be concerned that she only sees him "every other week or less". Why is that? It is highly unusual for a woman not to be close to her child let alone lose or not want custody of him and I'd want to know more before becoming involved.
This sounds like a catch-22. Men often think ill of women who do not have custody of their children; however, they refuse to date women who do have custody. I am not saying this is your attitude, but it is true of many men.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:42 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,973,982 times
Quote:
Because she was still in the military and was always gone. Other than that? She has always been there for her son.
Okay, but you imply she's no longer in the military. So why doesn't she now have more contact with the kid? It might not be a problem for you or it might be an issue. For example, if she doesn't have custody because she doesn't really want children and you want a family, then perhaps you shouldn't date her, but if the reason is something that you are good with, then I don't see why not.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:43 PM

543 posts, read 999,882 times
When the hearing happen, she was still in. Her current job as a systems administrator is very demanding. She is not a bad mom, but I guess she's more career oriented.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth98 View Post
Okay, but you imply she's no longer in the military. So why doesn't she now have more contact with the kid? It might not be a problem for you or it might be an issue. For example, if she doesn't have custody because she doesn't really want children and you want a family, then perhaps you shouldn't date her, but if the reason is something that you are good with, then I don't see why not.
First, this woman that I'm talking about is a FRIEND. Second, I'm a woman too and I don't do girls.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
First, this woman that I'm talking about is a FRIEND. Second, I'm a woman too and I don't do girls.
So let me get this straight (no pun intended).

You are a lesbian woman asking random men if they would date your straight woman friend.

WTF.

What do you want this information for?

Old 12-30-2012, 03:10 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,973,982 times
Quote:
Okay, well I didn't know that you were a woman or your sexual orientation. I guess my answer is I don't see why anyone wouldn't date your "friend" unless they were looking to start a family with someone who values family over career. And there is nothing wrong with valuing career over family, it just isn't everyone's preference.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:17 PM

491 posts, read 569,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
This sounds like a catch-22. Men often think ill of women who do not have custody of their children; however, they refuse to date women who do have custody. I am not saying this is your attitude, but it is true of many men.
This is true. For a woman to lose custody means she must've reeeeeeeally ****ed up reeeeeeally bad and I mean reeeeeally bad which mean she's insane. A man loses custody by simply being a man. If she does have custody then he doesn't want to burden himself with another man's child who he can't discipline which means the child might not respect him. Moral of the story: Get married before having kids. That way at least he knows the child was created in a somewhat stable relationship.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

You are a lesbian woman asking random men if they would date your straight woman friend.

WTF.

Just for curiosity. I'm not a lesbian, and even if I was bicurious or bisexual I would not have any interest in her either.

Let's keep this relevant, ok.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:56 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

WTF.

I've seen no indication that that is close to the reason that the OP asked the question?

How did you come to that conclusion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships