Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 AM

884 posts, read 1,405,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Surely they would say yes if they really liked you.
I agree. But some of this nonsense talk about getting to know me first, sheesh.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
For the record, I just want to say that I'm horrible at dating. It never feels natural and I say the dumbest things imaginable. I had a second date with a seemingly decent guy this weekend and I completely blew it. I told him all kinds of things that I shouldn't have told him and while he seemed to take it all in stride, I'm sure that I'll never hear from this guy again and even if I do, he won't take me seriously from this point on. I guess I just get nervous and insecure and I say the wrong things, but then I think that maybe I do it on purpose because it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Since I believe that I'm bad at dating, I make sure that I have bad dates by acting inappropriately. lol I know how I'm supposed to behave on dates to leave a good impression, but I just can't seem to do it. I don't even worry about it with guys who I'm not really interested in because I'm intentionally trying to turn them off (yet oddly, they don't seem to get turned off), but I really wasn't trying to turn off this particular guy. I guess I just figured that he'll eventually lose interest at some point like all the rest of the guys that I like do so I might as well show him all my insecurities up front. So what's done is done, I guess.

I was just wondering if anyone else has a similar problem on dates. Do you say or do things that you know you shouldn't be saying or doing? Do you scare people off intentionally because in the back of your mind you believe things aren't going to work out anyway? Or are you just awesome at dating and getting to know new people?

I'm 25 and I've never went on a date the 2relationships I've had I've known both guys therefore never had a first date with someone I didn't know well..........I can just imagine what I'd be like, I laugh a lot when I get nervous lol and I say the most ridiculous things and I'm clumsy maybe it's a good thing I've never been on a first date I'd probably traumatise the poor guy as well as myself lol.

Your not alone in your awkwardness

Old 01-02-2013, 05:51 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,346,810 times
You most likely haven't sabotaged anything but are over analyzing what you've said because you like the guy. We tend to do this when we talk to people we like. It happens to me to but then I realize well I've said the same crap to other people and they don't hate my guts now.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,117 times
Dating is retarded. It's also a waste of hard earned cash.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:00 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Dating is retarded. It's also a waste of hard earned cash.
So how do you meet women?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:00 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
What's with the defeatist attitude?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Cow

153 posts, read 202,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Shot in the dark....kidnapping?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcatcher View Post
Nigella is welcome in my kitchen anytime she wants. People criticizer because of her weight. This says it all.
Nigella Lawson = proof that British girls are hot.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I don't anymore. I don't participate in the robotic judgmental dating nonsense in America.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Shot in the dark....kidnapping?
I hear that method was all the rage in the year 5026 BC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships