Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
To be honest I think many men don't feel there is really any incentive to getting married anymore (and I could say that goes for a lot of women as well). On the other hand, when people do things behind backwards, I find the man gets comfortable and lazy. He doesn't need ultimatums or reminders, because he has already made up his mind. He isn't going to marry you (and it could just be you). It never fails the woman who was willing to wait, play house, and go along for the ride (while in cruise control) for several years gets left behind. Up comes the new chick and less than a matter of time she has a ring on her finger with no demands, ultimatums, or reminders

Marriage doesn't ring as true as it used to for some people. They have relegated marriage certificates to "little pieces of paper" instead of what it really means in the eyes of the law and some in cases the Lord. I do believe most men would be just fine without getting married, but I do wonder why do men question the point of marriage, then turn around and get married

Always made me curious

Insightful and funny at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 04:55 PM

491 posts, read 569,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Insightful and funny at the same time.
Because some men have this dumb idea called 'hope'. But hope is stupid and there is no reason for men to get married unless they are in the military

Old 01-05-2013, 05:00 PM

507 posts, read 514,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Because some men have this dumb idea called 'hope'. But hope is stupid and there is no reason for men to get married unless they are in the military
But why should the men in the military get married anymore than any other man who may have just as much or more to lose? Should the rest of the men who are not associated with the military just go on to have babymamas which is just as expensive with child support? Don't forget having a live in gf is sometimes seen as having a wife by the state and can lead you to still give up half

Then what do you do

Old 01-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
But why should the men in the military get married anymore than any other man who may have just as much or more to lose? Should the rest of the men who are not associated with the military just go on to have babymamas which is just as expensive with child support? Don't forget having a live in gf is sometimes seen as having a wife by the state and can lead you to still give up half

Then what do you do
Military men get BAH ( base allowance housing ) payments and get extra payment for food. Yes 'live in girlfriends' can get paid through the Common Law issue.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
That's my impression. IMO, many of these women they choose probably had it all going on in the looks department but nothing else to show for it. Just because she looks really good or cooks well doesn't mean she will make a good and/or fair mother, but that seems to be the standard assumption by most of them. Carrying on about the utmost importance of a women's feet might be a reason why they end up getting the short end of the stick in other areas....
Yep which is why I can't help but not feel sorry for most divorced dads. They bypassed women like me for some reason for these women who treated them bad. Now many of these guys expect me to want to date them, though they bypassed women like me the first time. I was a nice person, always there for everyone and the guys I wanted didn't want me. Several turned me down because I'm not blonde!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:07 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Ok, I will play along. Yes, there are female horror stories. I don't deny this. However, the major difference is that when you have one broke divorced woman, and on the other hand, a broke divorced man, the female still has the upper hand and she can still have a bright future ahead because a broke divorced woman is still highly desirable by the opposite sex where as a broke divorced man is not.

In other words, being broke, paying alimony, and the status of "divorced" does not count as a major strike against women like it does for a man.
Theory really doesn't matter to all the divorced women stuck raising kids alone on a shoestring budget.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Ok, I will play along. Yes, there are female horror stories. I don't deny this. However, the major difference is that when you have one broke divorced woman, and on the other hand, a broke divorced man, the female still has the upper hand and she can still have a bright future ahead because a broke divorced woman is still highly desirable by the opposite sex where as a broke divorced man is not.

In other words, being broke, paying alimony, and the status of "divorced" does not count as a major strike against women like it does for a man.

Plain and simple, a broke divorced man is not getting a date (other then with his mom) to save his life where as a broke divorced woman still has OPTIONS such as moving in with a boyfriend who will take care of her or get married again because she does not have to bring anything other then herself to the table. This is why women are so quick to initiate divorce, they know they can quickly find another man with ease.
Maybe the reason is because the divorced women are far more realistic than the men? I have many broke divorced dads who approach me and I know part of the reason is they think because I am educated I am likely to help them financially if we marry. This is why many divorced dads go after childless women. However, I avoid them like the plague.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:16 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Why the military? In fact, if a man is in the military he's the LEAST out of all men who should get married because:

1. Military men are away from home for long periods of time (depending on job).
2. They travel to other counties where sex work is LEGAL and freely available.
3. When they travel they have the opportunity to date a foreign woman.
4. Military wives have a notorious reputation for cheating and being in other relationships while their husbands are gone.

**True story**

I have a buddy who has a high rank in the Navy who found out the day he was being deployed that his wife of 5-6 years (known her much longer) was cheating on him. He's currently going though a nasty divorce and it's to the point where I fear he might take his own life because he lost everything (including kids) to his cheating wife.

EDIT:

Oh, and to back up my other post, this CHEATING woman moved in with her lover, my Navy buddy pays her over 1000k a month in CS, and she also has a job making at least 50k. So she made out good all while my buddy is all alone and has a hard time getting a date because between taking care of himself, the CS and other expenses there is not much left to use to attract another woman.

Last edited by calicali01; 01-05-2013 at 05:39 PM..

Old 01-05-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Why the military? In fact, if a man is in the military he's the LEAST out of all men who should get married because:

1. Military men are away from home for long periods of time (depending on job).
2. They travel to other counties where sex work is LEGAL and freely available.
3. When they travel they have the opportunity to date a foreign woman.
3. Military wives have a notorious reputation for cheating and being in other relationships while their husbands are gone.

**True story**

I have a buddy who has a high rank in the Navy who found out the day he was being deployed that his wife of 5-6 years (known her much longer) was cheating on him. He's currently going though a nasty divorce and it's to the point where I fear he might take his own life because he lost everything (including kids) to his cheating wife.
They get COLA ( cost of living allowance ) and overseas pay. Despite the horror stories military men are better off than non military men for marrying since at the end of the day he has a stable income and benefits plus the modern military courts are more 'equal opportunity" and are treating women more like men. Btw military wives have far more chances to cheat than men since 90 percent of the military is male and if you live around a base there will be far more men. Yet military men still have a better chance then non military men. Crazy.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yep which is why I can't help but not feel sorry for most divorced dads. They bypassed women like me for some reason for these women who treated them bad. Now many of these guys expect me to want to date them, though they bypassed women like me the first time. I was a nice person, always there for everyone and the guys I wanted didn't want me. Several turned me down because I'm not blonde!

I have my own theories as to how most divorced dads get that way in the first place.....are you a single mother? Just like with everything else they have the 'right' to not date single mothers but they should at least have the gull to admit why that is. Just like they claim women 'only go after badboys' I am just as convinced they choose women who have no qualities to suggest they'd make a great candidate to be someone's mother -- but they bypass those things in lieu of other qualities (mostly physical) that they do like.

If they choose to marry & impregnate a bimbo chances are she's still going to be a bimbo when the sh*t hits the fan......There is probably some man that chose a woman who appeared to be "child worthy" on the surface and he was completely snowed by her. But if they expect me to beleive that's the most common version of the story, not happening. If you do not want to date divorced dads, you don't have to, but 9 times out of 10 I hear the "single mothers are the worst thing on earth" way more then the reverse. Point me to the numerous "fear of dating single dads" threads and I will rescind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships