Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Well, you're still really young. Understanding women is an art, and it takes time. Once you spend enough time around them, you will be able to sense true potential and availability within the first 30 seconds. Here's a couple quick pointers that you should apply no matter what. If you're talking to a girl and she glances down at her iPhone...walk away. If you're talking to a girl and doesn't smile at you at least once...walk away. If you're talking to a girl and she doesn't ask any questions about you...walk away. I've got more, but we can get to those later
These are all valid points. I would pay particular attention to the bolded advice about whether or not the girl asks about you. If you've been talking to her and 100% (or close) of what she says is in direct response to your questions/statements/comments, it's over. If she's not asking about you or initiating any dialogue, walk away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,716 times
Welcome to the club. It's happened a few times this year alone. That's why I stop caring until we actually go on a second (or third) date. I used to get myself hyped up about her before the first date, then was let down. Now I know better.

Also figured it out pretty quick now if the girl is going to flake or not. As said above, most of these girls won't be that interested in you (asking questions themselves). Either that or they are really self centered. Avoid those types at all costs.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 AM

197 posts, read 449,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
Welcome to the club. It's happened a few times this year alone. That's why I stop caring until we actually go on a second (or third) date. I used to get myself hyped up about her before the first date, then was let down. Now I know better.

Also figured it out pretty quick now if the girl is going to flake or not. As said above, most of these girls won't be that interested in you (asking questions themselves). Either that or they are really self centered. Avoid those types at all costs.
Thing is, these girls really aren't even THAT special. That's what I try to run through my mind in order to not be let down so much. Still though, the fact that this happens so much... frustrating beyond belief. And after all the talk, they straight up pretend you don't exist instead of telling you why they actually are acting that way.

I'd almost rather hear an "you're annoying and I'm not into you at all." than NOTHING at all.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Peters View Post
Thing is, these girls really aren't even THAT special. That's what I try to run through my mind in order to not be let down so much. Still though, the fact that this happens so much... frustrating beyond belief. And after all the talk, they straight up pretend you don't exist instead of telling you why they actually are acting that way.

I'd almost rather hear an "you're annoying and I'm not into you at all." than NOTHING at all.

When it comes to mating choices and sexual situations with 18-25 y/o girls, the basic rules of character and normal behavior go completely out the window.

Basically take everything you've ever been told about Character, honor, chivalry, ethics, or equality, and forget it. Behavior we take for granted as "being a man" -- living up to your word, that sort of thing -- simply doesn't apply to them because they have vaginas and you don't.

The way to keep them around is to be a really fun guy, and not take anything they do or say seriously until they've earned it.

Last edited by le roi; 01-03-2013 at 09:47 AM..

Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,716 times
Quote:

Trust me, I agree.

Normally I offer to pay for the first date. Now, I'm beginning to rethink that and if she goes to split it, I'm fine with it.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:43 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
I mean maybe this would make a difference, but when the girl I mentioned was telling me about her ex... lol. There is no way he did any of that, and he pretty much is a basement dwelling no-life, yet he was good enough for her to date him apparently. I'll be damned if it turns out she got back with him, she was totally trashing him to me and saying she is never getting back with him... but you never know.
That's the point. Set yourself apart a bit!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:30 AM

197 posts, read 449,963 times
Appreciate all the responses thus far, positive or negative hah

Old 01-03-2013, 10:35 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Appreciate all the responses thus far, positive or negative hah
Someone will come along when you least expect it and to her you'll be everything she ever wanted

Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,253 times
I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone considered that the 18-25 group (male or female) is still probably not fully emotionally developed?

I'm 23 and I sure have more growing to do, but I already know there was a world of difference maturity wise at 18 vs. where I am today.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone considered that the 18-25 group (male or female) is still probably not fully emotionally developed?.

I would say this only applies to some. Everyone's different and we should all be looked at as individuals rather than a group. I would have happily settled at 20. I'm now 25 and still feel the same if I met the right guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships