Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 06:59 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

P.S. Again: if she doesn't want a 3rd, has abortion been discussed? Try it, just to test her sincerity about not wanting a 3rd, if for no other reason.
Quote:
Well, neither of them wants a 3rd child (according to the OP's perception). Depending on when the pregnancy began, abortion would be an option, if neither of them has religious objections. In other words, the problem may have a simple solution, it's not quite written in stone yet.

But if abortion is unthinkable to the OP, he could at least raise the question simply to call his wife's bluff and see if it's true she didn't want a 3rd child, or not.
I don't really see how he's going to "call her bluff" or testing her sincerity by suggesting an abortion. If she says no to the abortion are you suggesting that she's lying about not wanting a third child?

There are many people that don't believe in abortion but are not a Conservative Christian or even religious. I wouldn't classify myself as such. I definitely do NOT want another child but if my husbands vasectomy failed I wouldn't even consider an abortion as an option. Just because a child is not planned for and wanted doesn't mean that child won't be accepted. I'd suck it up and deal with it, even though it wasn't the plan.

I don't think suggesting she get an abortion is going to do anything but cause more issues for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 07:08 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyjack View Post
I am a moral vegetarian, I simply don't consider a pea sized fetus a human being any more than a severed thumb. I think you are misinterpreting my position but its expected in an Internet forum. As an aside, I am always surprised at the people that support war but vehemently deny the legitimacy of abortion. Oohhh! Vasectomy tomorrow
Congrats on your vasectomy! I do not support war.

It's hard to decide at what point a fetus becomes what. I understand that.

I know different people think different things. That fetus holds the genetic make-up of being a human being.

I am not going to get into a whole abortion ordeal here, and I am not fully against abortion, either.

From the stance of a parent, I cannot imagine thinking of aborting one of my children. Could you imagine life without one of your girls? I could not imagine life without my son or daughter.

With the experiences you have had with your children, could you go back to when they were mere fetuses and abort them? I am sure they are wonderful girls.

My God, if you and your wife decide to divorce over this, I can't imagine there was much love to begin with and I would think that one of the two of you had something either going on, or that you did not like about your marriage.

Abortion is the easy way out. Maybe you could give a loving couple the chance at having the child they could not have instead of thinking of throwing yours out the door.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:28 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
There are many people that don't believe in abortion but are not a Conservative Christian or even religious. I wouldn't classify myself as such. I definitely do NOT want another child but if my husbands vasectomy failed I wouldn't even consider an abortion as an option.
Fair point. But also fair to ask if it was an option for both of them. I didn't see where he'd mentioned that. But he just recently clarified it.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-10-2013 at 07:38 PM..

Old 01-10-2013, 07:37 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taoistdude View Post
and get a paternity test done.

this!

Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
And get a paternity test done.
Really, is this what life has come to? All children need to be paternity-tested, because we don't trust anyone anymore?? Do you really think this woman deliberately stopped taking birth control for two months in order to get pregnant by another guy? If she'd been having an affair, wouldn't she have been careful to stay on her bc?

Old 01-10-2013, 07:49 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Really, is this what life has come to? All children need to be paternity-tested, because we don't trust anyone anymore?? Do you really think this woman deliberately stopped taking birth control for two months in order to get pregnant by another guy? If she'd been having an affair, wouldn't she have been careful to stay on her bc?

Cheating girlfriends of deployed soldiers?

Sorry but yes in this instance I would.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Cheating girlfriends of deployed soldiers?

Sorry but yes in this instance I would.
But he's not deployed, nor is he a soldier. How is the other thread relevant?

Old 01-11-2013, 12:34 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Why should the OP trust his wife, though? She flat out LIED to him about taking the pill. You don't just forget to take it for 2 months. I used to forget to take it at the same time every day, or I'd miss a day here and there, but never once did I forget to refill the prescription for months on end. Regardless of what she says she wants or doesn't want, she wanted another pregnancy. However the OP feels about having another kid, it's obvious there are some very serious issues in his marriage.

His wife basically flipped him a giant bird and said "eff you, I don't care what you want or how you feel, I'm having another baby." I don't know about you, but I wouldn't just let that go.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:40 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
This is a huge situation to be stuck in. I'm sorry you are in it. If you want the 3rd child, then have it. If not, ask for a termination.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Why should the OP trust his wife, though? She flat out LIED to him about taking the pill. You don't just forget to take it for 2 months. I used to forget to take it at the same time every day, or I'd miss a day here and there, but never once did I forget to refill the prescription for months on end. Regardless of what she says she wants or doesn't want, she wanted another pregnancy. However the OP feels about having another kid, it's obvious there are some very serious issues in his marriage.

His wife basically flipped him a giant bird and said "eff you, I don't care what you want or how you feel, I'm having another baby." I don't know about you, but I wouldn't just let that go.
So? That's exactly what I've posted here earlier. But it doesn't mean she's been having an affair. If she had, she would have kept taking her bc, in order to hide it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships