Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM

677 posts, read 1,194,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Your father didn't want you?
Officially, everything is like tradition demanded. A marriage, 2 kids. One day I amidst an argument I told him I know he would be better off without me and my brother. He didn't say a word to deny it so I suppose it's true.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:13 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,769,345 times
Quote:

And now he's crying these crocodile tears about the end of their "relationship." Oh, please. If he cherished his relationship with them that much, he'd have borne the cross.
And what about forgiveness? If he has raised the kids for 14 years as the only father they have ever known, loved them, and provided for them, why is it asking so much for the children to try to forgive him, and to be merciful? Yes, he made a mistake...I have already mentioned that multiple times in my posts. But you don't see them disavowing their mother either, who is even more culpable than he is in this, do you?? Surely, if the kids can forgive their mother for her crimes against them, why can't they forgive the father too? Anyway just some food for thought...

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 01-16-2013 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: Typos

Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,483,451 times
I wonder if some of the women here can truly understand how this man feels after being cheated on, lied to, and defrauded? The closest equivalent situation I can think of would be if a woman found out that the child she'd raised for so many years was actually switched in the hospital at birth, and her biological child was living with a neglectful, uncaring family. (And they want $25000 before they'll even let you see the child.)

Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,745,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I wonder if some of the women here can truly understand how this man feels after being cheated on, lied to, and defrauded? The closest equivalent situation I can think of would be if a woman found out that the child she'd raised for so many years was actually switched in the hospital at birth, and her biological child was living with a neglectful, uncaring family. (And they want $25000 before they'll even let you see the child.)
No, that would still not result in the woman rejecting the child she raised as her own. Maybe more like trying to accept a husband's 14-year-old love child whose mother he's been having an affair with the whole time. The wife might react with extreme anger and rejection of the child because he or she represents the betrayal.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,769,345 times
Quote:
Don't be so sure about that. You post a lot.
If you truly knew anything about me at all, you would know that ever since I was a small child, the biggest dream above all else that I had for myself, was to find a loving and caring wife, to love and cherish and raise a family together with. If you knew me, you would also know that I am open to dating women, *with children from previous relationships/marriages*, and that I was even open to *adopting* children with such a woman, to demonstrate and prove that I could be a loving father, regardless of whether the children are biologically mine or not. For the record, *I* personally would have reacted differently and chosen a different path, had I actually been in the father from the article's shoes -- but at the same time, I can understand why he reacted, the way he did.

Yet, you assumed that I was heartless, uncaring, unloving human being, with no human heart at all. If you actually knew me at all, you wouldn't have judged as harshly, as you did in your earlier post. Again, I certainly don't agree with everything the father did, as I have said repeatedly.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 01-16-2013 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Adds

Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,219,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
Officially, everything is like tradition demanded. A marriage, 2 kids. One day I amidst an argument I told him I know he would be better off without me and my brother. He didn't say a word to deny it so I suppose it's true.
So basically your father is cold and callous. That's unfortunate for you. But it does explain your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
And what about forgiveness? If he has raised the kids for 14 years as the only father they have ever known, loved them, and provided for them, why is it asking so much for the children to try to forgive him, and to be merciful? Yes, he made a mistake...I have already mentioned that multiple times in my posts. But you don't see them diavowing their mother either, who is even more culpable than he is in this, do you?? Surely, if the kids can forgive their mother for their crimes against them, why can't they forgive the father too? Anyway just some food for thought...
They were 14 and 17. They were the kids, he was the adult. He should have known better.

And we haven't heard from the kids, have we? No mention of them in the article but what HE says, and the way he couches it is that his ex "poisoned" them against him. Sorry, in a divorce, you have to take stuff like that with a huge grain of salt.

Maybe they will forgive him one day, just for their own peace of mind. But somehow I doubt Mr. Lawsuit Moneyman is going to offer up any apologies. You know how he could show some earnestness? He could give them what he won in the lawsuit.

The more likely scenario is that he'll use that money to put an addition on his house or something, spend the rest of his life raging at his ex-wife, and perhaps write a book or sell the rights for a TV movie and profit off of the whole mess, while they, in turn, spend years in therapy coming to terms with the fact that they are not destined to behave like either their mother or the spiteful man who let his pride get the better of him.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
So basically your father is cold and callous. That's unfortunate for you. But it does explain your posts.
Explains what? My father has no influence on me whatsoever. He's just a name in my ID.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
Explains what? My father has no influence on me whatsoever. He's just a name in my ID.
Your cavalier attitude toward fatherhood comes from him. Apple, tree.

I just hope the kids in this situation don't end up like either of their mother or the guy.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, that would still not result in the woman rejecting the child she raised as her own. Maybe more like trying to accept a husband's 14-year-old love child whose mother he's been having an affair with the whole time. The wife might react with extreme anger and rejection of the child because he or she represents the betrayal.
You either take the sins of the parent out on the kid or you don't.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Your cavalier attitude toward fatherhood comes from him. Apple, tree.
If I ever had children, I would be a much better father to them than the one I had. Or at least I would try. But I would have a paternity test regardless. My father would just love to have a paternity test and get a negative result. Too bad we're the splitting image of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships