Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 09:11 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,784,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I know, I couldn't tell either whether the alienation came first (e.g., "My ex ruined my relationship with my children and now they are not in my life" vs. "Those are not my real children and now it's too late to have any"). That quote of his sounds harsh but we don't hear it in context, and we don't really know the sequence of events or the whole story at all. This is the kind of flame-bait story where later somebody realizes that the guy knew the whole time he was sterile but it doesn't fit with the manufactured drama.
To quote Clark Gable:

"You are a dizzy dame"

Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No. The husband was done wrong by the mom. The mom actually did what was in the best interest of the kids. She provided them with a stable home and family life and loving father. She wronged her husband not her kids.

The desire for revenge is what created the aftermath. The mom is accountable for infidelity and deceiving her husband and perhaps for the divorce. The father is accountable for his choice to sacrifice the well being of the children for the sake of revenge.
Why the revenge? Because of the mom who single-handedly created this mess.

Father is stupid for believing her in the first place.

So in essence a man is good as a sucker.

She wronged her ex-husband by deception.

She wronged her kids by deception by not having their biological father love them and being in their lives from the onset.

Where's the biological fathers in this?

Old 01-16-2013, 09:13 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Really? Thats an odd attitude.
Not really. Because while she betrayed her family, he's basically using the children to prove a point. So these two children, whose photos are splashed on the web and are now the subject of a 45-page-long internet thread, are having their very identities dragged out into public. I cannot imagine the humiliation they must be experiencing.

So, yeah, the mother did a terrible, terrible thing. And now the ex-husband is compounding matters. Regardless of what some people think, revenge is not a very satisfying thing. All it does is make the situation worse. And the man in this article has, by the way he has gone about matters, made a bad thing even worse. I feel sorry for people who do not understand this.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
To quote Clark Gable:

"You are a dizzy dame"
Not quite, but close. And as Ellie says to Peter, "You're becoming awfully disagreeable lately."

Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
[quote=lol-its-good4U;27790193
]
Quote:
Why the revenge? Because of the mom who single-handedly created this mess.
How did she single handedly create this mess. I believe in personal responsibity so blaming your own choices and actions on another dosent fly with me. She is responsible for her actions. He is responsible for letting revenge create a larger "mess"

Quote:
Father is stupid for believing her in the first place.
I cant comment on the fathers intelligence.

Quote:
So in essence a man is good as a sucker.
Matter of opinion.

Quote:
She wronged her ex-husband by deception.
Yes

Quote:
She wronged her kids by deception by not having their biological father love them and being in their lives from the onset.
Wrong. Her kids were not wronged. They were provided a good loving stable home and father. The mother can not make the biological father love them or be in their lives.

Quote:
Where's the biological fathers in this?
I can only speculate. According to the father his ex had an affair with a local teacher so he is probably a married man also cheating on his wife and most likely has a family. The fathers could be ons. We dont know. But news flash, married men who have affairs are not chomping at the bit to step up and be dad to their illegitimate children. Nor are men who are out to just bang some MILF.
So hopefully the mother will locate the sperm doners, sue for back child support and re coup the money lost in the bereavement settlement.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
But if he gave one whit about these kids, if he cared in the least about them despite not being their biological father, then he would not have filed a lawsuit. He would not have dragged them into a courtroom. He would not have splashed their names all over the newspapers.

For now these children not only have to live with the legacy of their mother being an amoral youknowwhat, but they also have to deal with everybody else on the planet knowing it, too. The embarrassment of that alone must be traumatic for them.
I doubt the kids ever saw the inside of the courtroom. And momma could have kept it all quiet when he informed her he was going to seek a paternity test by coming clean then. And how much less traumatic was it for the kids to be hearing rumors that he was not their dad?

Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,784,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Not quite, but close. And as Ellie says to Peter, "You're becoming awfully disagreeable lately."

Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Personally, I think it was all about the money and revenge so he should shut up already about being a father.
Duh. He was deceived by his wife in the most humiliating manner possible and he wanted to hurt her back. The grounds for the suit were whatever his lawyer said was the best odds for doing that. He would have sued her for cooking a lousy meal ten years ago if that was what it took to punish her back.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I doubt the kids ever saw the inside of the courtroom. And momma could have kept it all quiet when he informed her he was going to seek a paternity test by coming clean then. And how much less traumatic was it for the kids to be hearing rumors that he was not their dad?

It wasn’t heard in family court. Dad had to get a court order for the DNA test. The kids would have been forced to submit a sample. Not family court and underage I would think they would need representation and thus as some point appear in court. IDK. There photos, names, date of birth and fact their father is denying paternity was still quite public, on the web and newspaper and probably all over the local news channels.
My guess is even if mom came clean (she should have at the divorce stage at the very least) he would still have had the test done. If it were only to satisfy his doubt he would not have gone public with it. The results are not required for an alienation suite.
Really? You don’t see the difference in hearing rumors and say dad privately saying no worries you will always be my children, and a very public law suit (bereavement as in my children are dead and Im seeking compensation) where dad proclaims he is not the biological father and he always wanted children and grandchildren but it too late for him now.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Duh. He was deceived by his wife in the most humiliating manner possible and he wanted to hurt her back. The grounds for the suit were whatever his lawyer said was the best odds for doing that. He would have sued her for cooking a lousy meal ten years ago if that was what it took to punish her back.
And thats what I find sad. If this case served to discourage parents (usually mothers) from using kids against their ex, as in preventing court ordered visitation and phone calls, not providing important medical or educational information, purposefully trying to prevent fathers from being involved in the childs activities and verbally bashing the father it would be a great step in the right direction. But if this is just about revenge on an ex for cheating or deceipt with no regard for the feelings or best intrest of the children involved then its a sad day. There is quite enough revenge between exes and putting their desires above their childrens needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships