Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 10:45 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
Guys: would you date a woman 10 yrs older than you?? If she looks younger than her actual age??
Yes.
Quite cliche but what's age but a number?
A person's personality, interests, goals, and, yes, appearance, have much more to do with their attractiveness than the year that they were born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 09:09 PM

391 posts, read 840,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
My husband was attracted to me with a 9 1/2 year age gap without me looking younger than I am. People are attracted to whom they are attracted to and sometimes there is neither rhyme nor reason. Guys date much younger women and much older women for their own reasons, just like women do.
Bingo. My friend married someone 10 years older then himself and there are no issues. My wife is 5 years older then me and couldn't imagine being with anyone else.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:13 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,989,217 times
Not a guy but if it were me I'd factor in kids.

At 35 I'd say you have at least a 10 year old. Maybe at least 2 kids. I don't know many 25 year old guys who want to deal with preteens or kids at all.

I know some guys who don't mind babies and toddlers because they like kids but balk at women with older kids like 7+ because they can have attitudes. They love going to the zoo and stuff with their lady's cute little 4 year old. Moody 10 year old? Not so much.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:42 AM

3 posts, read 23,004 times
Of course if he is fit and handsome, Niether I won't care.

In the mall today I just saw couple, I thought the elderly was her grandfa. After I saw they kissed on each other lips, I thought my self they were boyfriend and girlfriend. I assume the man on his 60, and the female half of his age, maybe 33 or same my age. But the couple are in good shape, the female very attractive as so as the man. I really say my self "woooaaaaw"

A lot of males will get drain when they will desire to have a very attractive female ... flesh is nothing than soul itself . Relationship base on spirits are more worthy than relationship base on a flesh, For the flesh die, Souls live

Last edited by wondererlady; 05-10-2013 at 06:21 AM..

Old 05-10-2013, 12:27 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
Few months ago, a new guy started at my company. He is very attractive but I found him too young for me. The thing is that I noticed that he gets very shy with me, greeting me with his head down looking to the floor and even ignoring me for no reason... I never flirted with him , always being friendly and kind... The other day I initiated a casual conversation with him, he gave me this glance over(you know the Up and down look) and smiled at me, and seemed sort of nervous. Or if I try to start a friendly chat with him he looks into my eyes and smiles...I'm sure he knows that i'm older than him, but not sure if he is afraid of me, or just wants to hide his feelings??? He asked me casually if I had plans for the weekend , which I replied with: " no nothing important". Did he want to find out if i had a bf or was he asking me out indirectly??? I am afraid that the age difference will be refraining him from trying to show his true intentions!!! Your opinions are welcome...
I would definitely date a girl 10 years older, if she was attractive. I'm 31 and i would definitely go for a 41 year old if she still looked pretty good.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:55 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,585 times
I would say the main problem might be working together, not age. Work relationships can end with a really bad bang. And if she's in any way his superior, then that could make it even more tricky.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:31 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,970,756 times
I would never date any girl older than me again much less 10 years.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:38 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
25-35 is not that bad i think.
Maybe 25-35 and up feels more natural than less age than that.
Example, im 30 and i would never date a 20 year old, he would be like A CHILD to me. But i can easily date 40 years old. And maybe when im 37 i wont have problems in dating a 27.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:00 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
As a man in his 30s, no. I can date women in their 20s and 30s. Why would I want to date one in her 40s?
Because she is smart, interesting, acomplished, funny, beautiful, nice??

Old 05-27-2013, 01:07 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
This would make you a cougar.

NO. Especially at 25. A decent looking 25 y.o. guy has choices.

I am not attracted to older women. I like the rule: 2 up and 5 down, +/-
Not always, I married a woman 14 years older than me when I was 24, I have never had options through out life. Only lasted 4 years but it was better than nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships