Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 01:44 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,251,624 times

Advertisements

I've dated 2 women, respectively 7 and 8 years, older than me. One admitted her age, the other lied (and I never would have guessed that she lied). I was friends with the candid ex-gf years after breaking up, and I don't talk to the person who lied.

I just don't know how we could expect a long-term relationship, sharing finances and legal documents, if you lie about something as simple as your age. Lies of any kind are a huge turn-off at best, usually a deal-breaker. If you have to have your lies, make sure it's something that I'll never find out about, or anything that I don't need to know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 02:50 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,996 times
I would not date any woman over 35 no matter how old I get.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:53 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
You are really funny. She is 35 years old. If that isn't old, then i don't know what you're speaking about. Make sure to know that they'd need at least one year to get to know each other. Another nine months to have a child, make it a year. 37 year old delivering a child. Check out what you're speaking. The guy SHOULD think about it if he's serious at all. Maybe they don't speak about it in your house regarding all the problems, miscarriages, or even children with problems that even modern technology won't be able to scan during pregnancy, which can affect their lives.
Is this a problem?

I delivered my third child at the age of 37. The pregnancy was great, and I worked out right up until the day I delivered, as I had during my first two pregnancies. I ate an extremely healthy diet (always do), and lived a pretty clean life, overall. I was back into my regular clothes within 2 to 3 weeks, as I was the first two times around.

More importantly, my baby was born strong and healthy, is now a gorgeous 10-year-old boy who excels in school and sports, and is one of the most loving kids on the planet (and I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom ).

You know, prior to a couple of generations ago, women routinely had babies well into their 40s. Yes, it's true that a woman over the age of 40 has a STATISTICALLY higher chance of a complicated pregnancy and/or delivering a baby with developmental differences. MOST, however, give birth to perfectly healthy babies.

You also refer to "your" country. Which country would this be, exactly? Just curious.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 06-24-2014 at 07:07 PM..

Old 06-24-2014, 06:58 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
25-35 is not that bad i think.
Maybe 25-35 and up feels more natural than less age than that.
Example, im 30 and i would never date a 20 year old, he would be like A CHILD to me. But i can easily date 40 years old. And maybe when im 37 i wont have problems in dating a 27.
Yes, Sophie, take it from a woman who NEVER thought she'd ever be interested in a younger man. When I was in my 20s and 30s, I always preferred older men. Then, when I hit my 40s, something inside me shifted dramatically.

I would certainly still date an older man who had taken care of himself physically, mentally, and emotionally, but I'm most attracted to men a few years younger than I.

You'll get there, too. Trust me on this.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 06-24-2014 at 07:41 PM..

Old 06-24-2014, 07:37 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,454,810 times
Maybe the question should be: would she date YOU if she were that much older???? Why is it that men seem to think they are doing someone older a favor..or "overlooking" the "problem" of an older woman? Trust me, I have younger men ALL THE TIME wanting to be with me.

My partner is 12+ years younger than me....works for us. Dont under estimate older women who simply get tired of some of the young guys thinking they are doing us a favor. Many of us have ample opportunity.

Last edited by FlightAttendant; 06-24-2014 at 08:13 PM..

Old 06-24-2014, 08:22 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,454,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
This would make you a cougar.

NO. Especially at 25. A decent looking 25 y.o. guy has choices.

I am not attracted to older women. I like the rule: 2 up and 5 down, +/-
Simple: do NOT date older women. We can do just fine without you.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:20 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,464,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
I would not date any woman over 35 no matter how old I get.
I agree, I have no interest in older women, they must be younger than the man

Ive seen couples when the guy almost looks young enough to be the ladies son, looks weird when the lady is noticably older than the guy.

or if the lady is bigger than the man

Old 06-25-2014, 12:23 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,348 times
No she be 40 and i want kids so it will never work. I would be open to FBW i down for that.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:56 AM

639 posts, read 679,068 times
If its only date then its okay but if you talk about relationship with 10 years younger women then Its bit tough..

Old 06-25-2014, 05:36 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I agree, I have no interest in older women, they must be younger than the man

Ive seen couples when the guy almost looks young enough to be the ladies son, looks weird when the lady is noticably older than the guy.

or if the lady is bigger than the man
Women in their mid 30's - early 40's I've known and met just look old.

I'm sure there are some young looking older women but they're a rare find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships