Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,331,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
It's happened to me a couple of times. I don't want anyone to run my life and tell me what to do so it was just as well we not go out anymore. If it's not pot it will be something else.

I am a recreational smoker. I probably do 1- 2 joints per month, sometimes not even that. That's my choice and I don't give a damn about most government lawmakers opinion on that. Frankly, I do not trust their views on what I should or should not do in my personal life.

I only know very productive and successful people who use marijuana as I do. None of my friends who are long time recreational users are "lazy" in any way. It's far better than buying the legal drugs I mentioned above. I enjoy it on the occasions I do it and have no intention on ever giving that up. It's my choice and as a productive adult I should have the freedom to do so. Reject me for it and it's their loss because I know I am a good guy and a quality person.
There is a difference, I think, between the recreational or occasional user and the habitual user. This thread was about the habitual users. I have seen a clear pattern or "type" with the habitual users. That is not the type of person I would want to be in a long term relationship with (again). It's the same thing as being with someone that drinks too much. Social drinking is fine, a glass of wine with dinner is fine, getting ripped on your birthday or NYE is fine, but who wants to be around someone who is **** azz drunk every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,784,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
It's happened to me a couple of times. I don't want anyone to run my life and tell me what to do so it was just as well we not go out anymore. If it's not pot it will be something else.

I am a recreational smoker. I probably do 1- 2 joints per month, sometimes not even that. That's my choice and I don't give a damn about most government lawmakers opinion on that. Frankly, I do not trust their views on what I should or should not do in my personal life.

A few thoughts as I read this entire topic ---

Alcohol is a drug but it is accepted because it is legal. Hard liquor is downright nasty but I respect freedom of choice. That is one drug that should have never been made legal in the first place.

Cigarettes is another bad one. The two combined causes far more havoc on our healthcare than pot ever did. If smoked around me tobacco is a major dealbreaker. Do it occasionally in private or out with friends and it won't be an issue, as long as she doesn't come home smelling like one because I cannot stand the putrid smell.

No surprise that one brought up caffeine. That is a drug as well. I don't need to ask how many here do that because of the "I can't function without it." I put that in quotes because as someone who has spent the better part of the last 20+ years working in high rise office buildings I cannot recall how many times I have heard that. Isn't that a drug as well? It sure sounds like it to me! Now on the market are these so-called "energy drinks" which are nothing more that a triple shot of caffeine. It's legal and easily available because caffeine is accepted. And more and more people are ending up in emergency rooms because of it.

I do not advocate drug use in the workplace at all. I don't need or use caffeine at all as I hate what that stuff does to my head. It's like a bad high to me. I do not need or want that legal stimulant.

I only know very productive and successful people who use marijuana as I do. None of my friends who are long time recreational users are "lazy" in any way. It's far better than buying the legal drugs I mentioned above. I enjoy it on the occasions I do it and have no intention on ever giving that up. It's my choice and as a productive adult I should have the freedom to do so. Reject me for it and it's their loss because I know I am a good guy and a quality person.
Excellent post. Never mind the musicians, extreme athletes, actors, comedians, and other members of the 1% who smoke weed, daily. I wonder what their spouses think about them being unproductive, as they lavish in luxury and wealth?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
They just 'want it to be known' that they have a problem with weed. Uh like we care?
i don't understand this either.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:55 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Once again it boils down to preference. If your smoking the devil's lettuce deters someone from pursuing a relationship or results In you being dumped that is their prerogative. So is your choice in using.

Telling someone they are not living by not toking is more a reflection of you then the person you are trying to ridicule.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i don't understand this either.
I think they are just boring and unfulfilled, which is why they lash out and have to let their fellow CD'ers know how DARE indoctrinated they are. You can see the hatred and virtol spewed by them. We are just kinda like "Okay, your lame, that's cool, can we stay on topic?"

Go figure the tokers on CD are more chill and easy going people? Eh? And go figure it was the tokers who actually answered the question and did not hijack the thread?

Old 01-22-2013, 09:02 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
I think they are just boring and unfulfilled, which is why they lash out and have to let their fellow CD'ers know how DARE indoctrinated they are. You can see the hatred and virtol spewed by them. We are just kinda like "Okay, your lame, that's cool, can we stay on topic?"

Go figure the tokers on CD are more chill and easy going people? Eh?
ha, DARE is exactly what I was picturing.

either that, or these people are proles, which is what I suspect. That is to say, if the people you surround yourself with are stupid or unstable to begin with, then pot is really going to bring that stupidity to the forefront.

i have to wonder how bad would these people freak out if they knew their surgeon or their pilot was a daily smoker. What exactly does it say about you if as a sober individual, you are still not as productive, intelligent, or capable as a high-functioning stoner? Wouldn't that just be embarassing?

Last edited by le roi; 01-22-2013 at 09:11 AM..

Old 01-22-2013, 09:04 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:

Go figure the tokers on CD are more chill and easy going people? Eh?
Do you not see that this is exactly the kind of tedious stoner attitude that a lot of us "lame" people are trying to avoid?

Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
ha, DARE is exactly what I was picturing.

either that, or these people are legitimate proles. If the people you surround yourself with are stupid or unstable to begin with, then pot is going to impair their basic cognitive function.

how bad would these people freak out if they knew their surgeon or their pilot was a daily smoker ?

Right, who knew CD had such a Nancy Reagan, cardigan shirt crowd? JUST SAY NO!!! Just be sober and work at a firm, and only use what they tell you to use! Weed? Say no! Trust the Malbro man and that Dos Equis guy! They'll steer ya straight, by Joe, where did you get that crew cut?!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:10 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Do you not see that this is exactly the kind of tedious stoner attitude that a lot of us "lame" people are trying to avoid?
It is more a reflection of stoners then the "lame." If they'd take a live and let live mentality they won't bring on the negative attention.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
What exactly does it say about you if as a sober individual, you are still not as productive, intelligent, or capable as a high-functioning stoner? Wouldn't that just be embarassing?
That's the thing, Snoop-Dog, John Stewart, and Brian Anderson made more money stoned than some of these folks will ever make in their lives.

I would consider the 'haters' to be more useless than these stoners. These guys give back to society and offer no hate or ill will. The funny thing is all the crooks on Wall St and DC, that everyone is supposed to aspire to emulate, tend to be hopped up on Coke, oxy, booze, etc.

I wonder how many cornballs would have thrown their money at Madoff if they knew he was doing blow every night?

Haven't our past two Presidents been former coke heads? That is what is so funny, Right or Left, if you voted for the winning President in the past 12 years, you voted for a person who did super human amounts of cocaine. They'll vote these guys into the highest office, but watch out for those stoners, so unstable!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships