Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 AM

177 posts, read 303,108 times

Advertisements

Hey people first time posting been lurking for awhile but now I need opinions.

So I'm 28 just got my RN certification and for the first time I'm living on my own.
There's this guy. He has been a friend to my family for maybe 6years. He's the closest to my aunt they work together. This guy is 45 and he has been in a relationship with his now ex for about 4 years,has no kids by her.

The attraction has always been there but we always joked around. He even introduced me to his now ex and I tell him about my problems with my now ex. Asked for my number but like in a friendly way. He called that same night and I'll say it just has been great conversation between us for almost two months. Finally he asks me out and we had a great time. Goodnight kiss was amazing. Hes amazing. So I thought...

Next day my aunt calls to talk to me catch up whatever. She ends up talking about her good ol buddy.(my guy) and she says he's been talkin to his ex a lot. I'm a bit peeved but I don't say anything. Fast forward two days later we go out again.This night is different, he's clearly tryin to get in my pants. I ask him about his ex. He says they have history, they are friends.pause. I'm sorry but in my past experience exes cannot be friends. I tell him , I have work aka he gotta go. FF a night he calls me drunk sayin I can't change him. Then he cries sayin he wants to be a better man. Are u confused? So am I.

So I decide to use my aunt for more info about him. She basically calls him a drunk lose. (She didn't say none of that but the way she was talkin, its like the same thing) she also said his ex wants him back. I'm mad at myself because I like this guy I really do. Dare I say it. I love him. But he sounds like damaged goods you know? What do u think? Should I just walk away or prepare for my hostile takeover of his heart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
Run away, don't walk. This would almost certainly become a disaster.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times
If you think he's worth it then sit down and have a conversation with him and find out where you both stand.......it's better to ask than to never know. I wouldn't make up my mind though until we spoke

Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Meh. Sounds like alot of drama. Move on.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
give it two more weeks of no dates...see how he acts,,if he continuously calls, being drunk,,,you have your answer., if he keeps calling being clingy,,,and creepy,,,you have your answer..

tell him youve been hurt before and red flags are all around,,so you are cautious..
then leave him be for 2 weeks, see how he reacts

Old 01-27-2013, 11:36 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Just curious? In any way, does this man "mimic" your own father? Be honest.

Plus, I've heard SOME nurses tend to be co-dependent ... while SOME eat nails for breakfast.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:36 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
I'm thinking banging your auntie's buddy would just be a bad idea.

And if one of my buddies tried to bang one of my "nieces" (I've got some younger cousins who fit that role) while he was still untangling from an ex, they'd be finding pieces of him in various locales for the next few years.

Plus, my parents had a similar age gap - it doesn't really work that well for anyone who's not in Hollywood. Pop is a very vital man, but he is coming from a totally different place than my mother. They never did have much common ground.

Date someone who's not a family friend and who isn't old enough to be your teenaged dad.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Run away, don't walk. This would almost certainly become a disaster.

Lol, all of my friends said the same thing.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Just curious? In any way, does this man "mimic" your own father? Be honest.

Plus, I've heard SOME nurses tend to be co-dependent ... while SOME eat nails for breakfast.

In some ways. I absolutely do not have any daddy issues though.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:34 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,773,545 times
Nothing good will come out of this relationship. Nurses are born codies, they wanna help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships