Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times

Advertisements

Your indiscretion sounds pretty minor and won't serve what you are working on. I suspect you want to let him hurt as he has hurt you but that will never get either of you anywhere.

If you can't let it go with the bf then you will stand no chance. Was he wrong? yes, Did it hurt you, Yes Will it happen again? who knows. I think you will find men think with th e little heads far more than they should.. no excuse just what we tend to do. Does it mean we don't love oour relationship[ - no, just we can make poor decisions.

use your experience as .. you are close to even and move beyond. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
Joseph is totally on your page. I'm sure of it.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Congradulations: Now your just as bad as he is.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 PM

10 posts, read 10,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
Joseph is totally on your page. I'm sure of it.
Correct. We're still chatting on facebook. Though I created a different user name there so my bf doesn't see it. He doesn't know I have a different hotmail email too.

I guess this is with us. I'm would never be dumb to leave an inbox open nor communicate on the account my bf knows and at least Joseph is trusted (he would never rat me out, we used to get along too as friend in high school though he fell the same way towards me back then).

Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 PM

10 posts, read 10,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Congradulations: Now your just as bad as he is.
Why?

I never asked to be cheated on. Now that I'm thinking, I'm not sure if I did out of pure revenge. I like Joseph and the day I was with him, it's like I wasn't even thinking about my bf at that moment. I admit I had a good time but this will not happen again. I guess I lost my mind for a while.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,727 times
Once you're a cheater, will always be a cheater.

Some may disagree with that statement but it's the reputation you get.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytana View Post
Can this relationship still work out? He cheated 7 months ago but I'm still hurt about it. He has shown remorse and does wants this to work.

Now here is a different issue: At some point, I reconnected with an old high school crush (Joseph) online but then we started talking more often. Anyways I didn't have sex but did some other things and this happened just last month. Though I like him, I'm going to work on my relationship. He doesn't know and will never find out. Joseph knows the situation too but won't tell and yes we're still talking on facebook sometimes. Though we've made it clear there won't be any intimate contact no more, just as friends.

I still love him but I'm still hurting at the same time. I keep wondering why he didn't have any self-control if he claims to loving me.
I'm still having a hard time getting over everything I imagine he did with the other woman. Sometimes it makes me not even want to kiss him. Currently, I'm making him work on getting my trust back.

If your bf/gf cheats on you, but then somehow you both decided to work out but you cheat back, do they even deserve to know this? I'm really not planning on saying a word about this Joseph thing. Like mentioned at least I didn't went all the way with him.
Grow up.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Can this relationship still work out? He cheated 7 months ago but I'm still hurt about it. He has shown remorse and does wants this to work.

Now here is a different issue: At some point, I reconnected with an old high school crush (Joseph) online but then we started talking more often. Anyways I didn't have sex but did some other things and this happened just last month. Though I like him, I'm going to work on my relationship. He doesn't know and will never find out. Joseph knows the situation too but won't tell and yes we're still talking on facebook sometimes. Though we've made it clear there won't be any intimate contact no more, just as friends.

I still love him but I'm still hurting at the same time. I keep wondering why he didn't have any self-control if he claims to loving me.
I'm still having a hard time getting over everything I imagine he did with the other woman. Sometimes it makes me not even want to kiss him. Currently, I'm making him work on getting my trust back.

If your bf/gf cheats on you, but then somehow you both decided to work out but you cheat back, do they even deserve to know this? I'm really not planning on saying a word about this Joseph thing. Like mentioned at least I didn't went all the way with him.
This is what happens when you set a low standard for yourself and others.

[zero x zero = zero]

Old 01-29-2013, 11:30 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
Quote:
Correct. We're still chatting on facebook. Though I created a different user name there so my bf doesn't see it. He doesn't know I have a different hotmail email too.

I guess this is with us. I'm would never be dumb to leave an inbox open nor communicate on the account my bf knows and at least Joseph is trusted (he would never rat me out, we used to get along too as friend in high school though he fell the same way towards me back then).
I'm sure he is only looking for your best interest. Joseph I mean.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:06 AM

54 posts, read 105,659 times
Quote:
Why?

I never asked to be cheated on. Now that I'm thinking, I'm not sure if I did out of pure revenge. I like Joseph and the day I was with him, it's like I wasn't even thinking about my bf at that moment. I admit I had a good time but this will not happen again. I guess I lost my mind for a while.
I can honestly tell you it is over with BF. He broke your trust, and nothing is going to change that, it is always going to be there, you are never going to forgive him or trust him. So just end it and move on.

Second, you are living a lie, your relationship with BF is a lie, your lying to yourself and your lying to him. Even if you tell BF of your own transgressions, you will only hurt him more, just digging a knife blade into him doesn't seem to be enough, you are cheating behind his back. It is over, it has been over since BF cheated on you. GET OUT!! There is nothing to save, it is ruined. Over.

Third, great you can have a friend you had sex with. But he knows what you have done, and he knows you are cheating. You are using him as well, you are cheating on this freindship. End it as well and apologize to him when you do it. There is no way you can carry your own guilt forever in this relationship of lies.

Try and get yourself in an honest truthful relationship and learn from your past. Learn from the pain that he gave you, learn from the pain and guilt you gave yourself. It is more than the cheating transgression, but how it easy it is to hurt another human being, to say the wrong thing, to do the wrong thing and hurt others. To control your behavior so you never have to feel guilt.

My advice, is to end both situations and start a new in building your life in truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships