Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 05:39 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Good evening my relationship challenged friends.....now on to business. There was one job where I drove and traveled a lot, plus I own a house and other things. I knew I had enough itemized deductions to get back a hefty refund so instead of declaring "1" for my W-2 I declared 3 which gave me more money to work with every year. Of couse, when you actually file your taxes and are single you declare 1. But even declaring 3 on my W-2 I still got a refund in the thousands.

I actually read that tax booklet the forms are in looking for every deduction you can declare and some of the stuff surprised me. Were you aware if you are out of town on business and need something laundered or dry cleaned it's a tax deductable work expense? Guess who took all her suits with her out of town. Many people have tried to declare their pets without much success, but I figured out a way. If you get a rescue dog from a non-profit rescue group the amount you pay for the dog is considered a Charitable Tax Deduction because the dogs have no street value. There is sooooooooo much stuff in that booklet if you take the time to review the itemized deductions section. If you are unemployed and looking for work the cost of everything including postage stamps or resume paper is also tax deductable as a business expense.
Yes, I think you pointed out some of these handy tips last year.
I have tried to get my wife to track this stuff while she has been looking for work. I'm probably going to find out she didn't do any of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I guess Frog would consider that $56 a week the "get out of going to federal prison" fee. Which I also consider a small price to pay lol.
You missed the point. This is your money you are loaning the government for FREE. If you under pay as we often do you don't go to jail, you write a check for the amount owed.
Read the tax form, after all the numbers are crunched there are two boxes; one reads "enter refund amount here" and the other reads "enter amount owed here."

Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Why couldn't you get the M&Ms yourself?
He was already going out. It was almost 10:30 at night. I asked him if he could pick them up while he was out.

We have 4 kids, they were all in bed sleeping at that time. I wasn't going to leave them home alone at that hour or wake them up so I could go to the store. He was already going to be out and he passes several stores on his way to and from his game.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Interesting distinction. As I told Bio, better to give up trying to understand women and simply accept that they are what they are. In truth though I would have got them unless I was also annoyed myself knowing the consequences as most men do. The not getting of the M&Ms did not happen in a vacuum I'm thinking.
What would have been the consequences? Do you mean my going to bed before he got home? He was leaving the house at 10:30pm. He wasn't going to be home until after 1am. Normally I'll try to wait up because A) I like to know he made it home safely and B) I feel bad going to bed leaving him hanging and he can't vent or brag about his game. .

However, if he can't go out of his way, I surely am not going to go out of my way.

Tough crowd here!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
I feel as though I made some enemies here this week along with a few new unexpected friends. Strange place this is

Old 02-28-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I feel as though I made some enemies here this week along with a few new unexpected friends. Strange place this is
Can't please everyone.

Some will like you, some won't. Do you really give a turd if someone doesn't?

Old 02-28-2013, 08:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Awww cabana boy. (hugs)

Old 02-28-2013, 09:03 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Can't please everyone.

Some will like you, some won't. Do you really give a turd if someone doesn't?
Did you read my thread that got locked the other day?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 PM

Yup, saw it.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:49 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
What would have been the consequences? Do you mean my going to bed before he got home? He was leaving the house at 10:30pm. He wasn't going to be home until after 1am. Normally I'll try to wait up because A) I like to know he made it home safely and B) I feel bad going to bed leaving him hanging and he can't vent or brag about his game. .

However, if he can't go out of his way, I surely am not going to go out of my way.

Tough crowd here!
Women 101, the consequences I spoke of were generic and not specific to you. Any man who has been in a longer term relationship would know that this sort of refusal coupled with that sort of remark would not be taken well. How well or badly would depend on circumstance but a man would expect at least some cold shoulder factor saying it. Since he knew the remark would not go over well but said it anyways tells me either that result was his goal, he didn't care enough to censor it, or he was already holding some ire or grief himself (which may or may not have anything to do with you) and it slipped out unintentionally. The latter happens to us a lot more than you might think. At any rate I believe you will find that WFW&P or any other man here who has been in a long term relationship will tell you that the best bet in this situation is to go get the M&Ms (or whatever it is she wants) or say something placating, not make a remark that is sure to get her riled up.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
I don't think men/husbands are that complicated ^...he didn't feel like stopping for the M&M's ...in man speak he really meant it wasn't like you needed them to live...I don't think he was giving you a jab...but you know him best!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships