Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM

6 posts, read 13,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
you followed him to his car when he said "no"
you showed up at his work
you tried to force yourself in his house and he freaked out
you accused of him of cheating when everything is just speculation
That's the only time I've ever done that. I've never had someone walked away from me like that while I'm still talking and I was annoyed so yes I followed him.
We were at a relative's house when he broke up. He then tries heading out the door and I tried blocking the exit but he still leaves. I was pissed at this point and went outside still following him till he drove away.
Quote:
could it be that you have always been forceful in your relationship?
I don't think so
Quote:
I am not saying that he did not cheat on you, but by not leaving him alone only makes him find more justification of dumping you. That is not what you wanted.
So if I actually leave him alone, which I will then is he going to come back to me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtingnconfused View Post
That's the only time I've ever done that. I've never had someone walked away from me like that while I'm still talking and I was annoyed so yes I followed him.
We were at a relative's house when he broke up. He then tries heading out the door and I tried blocking the exit but he still leaves. I was pissed at this point and went outside still following him till he drove away.
I don't think so
So if I actually leave him alone, which I will then is he going to come back to me?
No, he would have to love you in order to stay with you. Only he knows if he loves you or not.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Not at all. If people have been together at least 1 year, there must be some love there. Sure she can save it. Even if there is some other woman , and she will know because he will be in relationship quickly if that's the case, they won't make it. Certainly she can be proactive , after now, respecting his decision and leaving him alone, when the time is right in the future. You never got back together with an ex?

If love is having to chase down someone who treats you like dirt to save something, then I will never be in love. I like what I got goin now

Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
I am sorry this happened to you…
It does sounds strange after 3 years to suddenly end it all with no explanation…
You have made 2 physical attempts to get down to the bottom of it and this is enough..
Yes, while you may have questions you most certainly are NOT entitled to having any.
I know this may seem harsh but this is reality..
I.E. I asked my ex why he did some of the things he did? After 10 years of marriage and he stated very honestly “Stop looking for answers because I do not have any.”
While it was harsh I learned it is neither here nor there all that mattered was what was…
The best thing you can DO FOR YOURSELF?
Is to understand that while nothing makes sense you do need any justification to move on.. He does not or should not have that much power over you and you will be just fine…Because you chose to be.
So long as you accept any part you had in this, as long as you know you are a good person? You will be okay.
BTW…He can file “stalking” charges if you continue to show up at his home, his place of work and so forth/..The last thing you need is a stalking charge and a formal restraining order..
Move on, you deserve too..

Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Apart from few arguments every now and then like normal couples have, everything was going ok. I wasn't prepare for that sudden break-up. He hurt me a lot. My feelings right now ranges from depressed to numb and then anger.

Why would a man leave like that for no reason? The only thing that comes in my mind is he was involve with another woman way before he broke up and all this while pretended to still love me.
It's definitely possible.

It's also possible that he fell out of love earlier than he broadcast to you, and for various reasons, didn't know what to do/dragged his heels on doing something because he knew it would be difficult, so concealed it until he figured out his exit strategy.

It's also possible a combination of the two occurred - that starting a new relationship WAS the exit strategy.

The important thing is that this guy more than likely checked out long before he let you know he checked out. That means he is not feeling anything for you, anymore. He has checked out. Your presence isn't going to make him feel anything but negative emotion, because for better or worse, he's done, and he was done well before he told you he was done, most likely.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:16 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If love is having to chase down someone who treats you like dirt to save something, then I will never be in love. I like what I got goin now
No that is certainly not love. But people don't always act loving. I'm saying something kept them together 3 years and there must still be love there, weather he currently feels it or not. You do sound like you've got it going good. IDK how you juggle it all. I think I will try to learn from you, seriously, but I think men are just better at these things.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times
I see you want him back. I posted this on another thread entitled end of the relationship. Here is my best advice for that.
"Really sorry you are going through this. When someone, especially someone you might want back in the future , breaks up with you, the best thing to do is say "ok". This will make them doubtful as to weather or not they are making the right choice. Give them space for about a month- don't contact her, then call and ask to see them for coffee. If they say no, say ok and try again in a week or two. If they say yes, do not discuss the break up or the relationship or getting back together. Keep it light and brief. Hope you don't lose her because it seems to not be what you want. Do your best to relax, focus on yourself and take care of yourself- get a gym membership. Seriously, you will look and feel better. Good luck "
I wish you the best too, op. Take care (hugs)
Oh, and like another poster mentioned, many men do not like confrontation. You were trying to force confrontation. Many women don't like it either. This is so true that men, in general hate it- especially when having to break up with someone. Just be cool for now.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
He broke it off about 3 months ago for no reason and he refused to tell me why. That day, I followed him all the way towards the parking lot demanding an explanation and he end up getting into his car and closing the door in front of my face while I wasn't done talking.

A couple days ago (well I tried seeking him at his workplace but I got told it was his day off), I went to his house just to talk. I just wanted to see if we can possibly get back together at some point.

I got a ''What the hell are you doing here'' but after struggling to get in, he let me in for a few minutes saying how it's over and there is nothing to talk about. Then he didn't wanted to talk about it anymore; kept telling me to leave. I refused until I had a full explanation and even accused him of possibly cheating. Then he went on saying ''If you don't leave, I'm going to report you''. WTF... that was mean.

Do you think he cheated on me?
I have a feeling he did. Otherwise why would he just break up like that as if I was nothing to him anymore.

We've been together for a bit more than 3 years and suddenly he breaks up like that out of no where. I think I had the rights to demand an explanation. Yet, he treated me like I was tresspassing or something. I was his gf, the woman he claimed to once love. Not a stranger. Why would someone that loved you treat you this way?

You are not engaged nor married JUST DATING and he owes you nothing. From what you have written here he has dodged a huge pain in the neck stalker bullet. He broke it off, leave the man alone and let him live his life the way he wants to without YOU FOLLOWING HIM DEMANDING THINGS. You are lucky he didn't call Law Enforcement when you refused to leave his home AFTER you FORCED YOUR WAY IN, he could have legally had you arrested and charged with a crime.

Old 09-16-2013, 04:07 AM

317 posts, read 576,573 times
Pics or it didnt happen

Old 09-16-2013, 09:10 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:

Do you think he cheated on me?
I have a feeling he did. Otherwise why would he just break up like that as if I was nothing to him anymore.

We've been together for a bit more than 3 years and suddenly he breaks up like that out of no where. I think I had the rights to demand an explanation. Yet, he treated me like I was tresspassing or something. I was his gf, the woman he claimed to once love. Not a stranger. Why would someone that loved you treat you this way?
It doesn't matter why he "broke" up with you...maybe he never really did love you, who knows?...I just hope that you don't spend the next 3 years (and a bit) trying to find out why...move on and up...quit dwelling over what coulda,shoulda,woulda been...he made it very clear...he doesn't have to tell you why if he doesn't want, and you can't make him...it's just a waste of your time and energy that could be used to move on in life....goodluck...sorry for your pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships