Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: College age girls - selecting for a one night stand?
Sean Connery - with the age difference described - see pic/description 5 71.43%
Justin Bieber - at his current age - see pic/description 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, You're assuming a ONS with anyone is a universally-desirable thing. ??
In fact, you're assuming that all college-age girls are sexually-active.
Lots of erroneous assumptions built into the OP.

And it says nothing about their personalities. Just based on looks, Connery wins, but if the Sean Connery-looking dude is a jagoff, then I'm not going to want to sleep with him. If the Justin Bieber clone is a great guy, then that could override the fact that he's not so much my type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And it says nothing about their personalities. Just based on looks, Connery wins, but if the Sean Connery-looking dude is a jagoff, then I'm not going to want to sleep with him. If the Justin Bieber clone is a great guy, then that could override the fact that he's not so much my type.
Good point! Connery isn't even attractive in the OP photo, and he looks arrogant. The kid at least looks like a nice person, but too young for the college crowd. The guys don't believe us when we say personality is at least 60% of the game, but that's how it works for a lot of women.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:32 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,621 times
Ok I'm chucking myself into a time tunnel. My mind is whirling, whirling, I can hear Boy George singing in the background, more whirling, thoughts are getting very silly and confusing.......ah, my answer is - I'd be interested in both. However sleeping with either at that age - no way. I still thought french kissing was gross.

May I also state that Sean Connery was a good choice for the older man, looks-wise only, since he doesn't mind hitting women. BUT THE BEIB...yuck ew gross! Poor girls today don't have a cute guy to oogle. At least in my day we had David Cassidy.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I was removing all that from the equation. I was rehashing the thread "real man vs. pretty boy," but for a specific age group.

I believe I was aware of this issue. When I was in grad school, the Quad sometimes had booths for different organizations and whatnot. One time, there was a booth called "Throw an egg at sexist man." As I got closer to it, there was an effigy of Sean Connery. There were 2 women at the booth - one who looked student age, and another one who was older so I don't know if she was an admin. or what. Regardless, the older one was the "carney barker" yelling "Come throw an egg at sexist man," I didn't see what the org. was nor did I care, and no one was biting. I thought "Lady, take your issues to the shrink, and not on the Quad."

Quote:
Dew and Ruth, quite being spoil sports. I asked you to put your morals aside, put their celebrity status aside, put yourself back in the time tunnel a little bit, and go with your instincts. Which one would you pick? And if it wasn't a one night stand, then let's go with sex minus the "actual consummation," if you know what I mean.

I just thought of another reason for this thread. My friend who dropped out junior year, the "9", to marry the 27 y.o. engineer, the "6", and who was promiscuous, made no bones about flirting with some 35ish to 45ish professors whose looks she liked. Given the amount of action she saw on campus, I'm sure she would have taken them up on their offers, had they offered, but if they were smart enough to have PhDs, then they were smart enough to avoid Lolita.

Incidentally, I was propositioned by an undergrad when I was a grad assistant, because her grade was faltering. She came into the area where grad assistants had cubicles and asked me "Is there anything I can do to improve my grade?" right before the final. She was getting a "D." I kept it professional. However, given that she was blonde and at least a 9, I thought I'd toss out "Are you from Southern California? You look like you might be from there." Her eyes got big and she said "Really, I do? I'd love to live there." When she left, a couple of the guys nearby overheard this conversation, walked over, and mockingly recited to me "Is there anything I can do to improve my grade?" and laughed. Others offered more detailed appendages to this impersonation, but I will keep it PG.
You are asking this question of women using a male-oriented motivation/thought process. This is the reason that you are not getting the responses that I believe you are seeking for your thread.
Also, the use of Justin Bieber as sexual rival against Sean Connery is just sort of....odd.

In general, most 19 year old college co-eds do not want to have sex with 35-40 year old men when they have a campus full of attractive 20 year old guys all around them.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:47 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You are asking this question of women using a male-oriented motivation/thought process. This is the reason that you are not getting the responses that I believe you are seeking for your thread.
Also, the use of Justin Bieber as sexual rival against Sean Connery is just sort of....odd.

In general, most 19 year old college co-eds do not want to have sex with 35-40 year old men when they have a campus full of attractive 20 year old guys all around them.
The "9" midway through college dropout (20ish) was making herself available to guys in their early 20s at school, and men that struck her fancy in their early 30s. She acted on her impulses, so I was not using a male-oriented thought process. I was looking at what has gone down, no pun intended. Also, if there are girls like her who acted on their impulses, there are girls who would at least think about this, and maybe not do anything about it, even when ovulating.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:48 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Those are our only options for a one night stand!?!?

I didn't do one night stands in college. Hell, I was lucky I could get a little tongue action.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
The "9" midway through college dropout (20ish) was making herself available to guys in their early 20s at school, and men that struck her fancy in their early 30s.
As long as you realize this isn't the norm. Let's recognize that there is a huge variety among college women, from those not interested in sex, to those doing casual hook-ups, and all types in-between.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
As long as you realize this isn't the norm. Let's recognize that there is a huge variety among college women, from those not interested in sex, to those doing casual hook-ups, and all types in-between.
I used to meet a lot of the latter types ... and they all smoked, too.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:59 PM

I didn't know anyone smoked anymore, except for European immigres, especially E. Europeans.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I didn't know anyone smoked anymore, except for European immigres, especially E. Europeans.
Pull into a 7-11 some time, the store, not the person, and see for yourself. I saw this not too long ago outside a 7-11 in upscale Redmond WA. I told them "That's not good for you," and they laughed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships