Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 11:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
I don't know why it happens, but it definitely grosses me out whenever I see couples like that. YUCK
Poor you. You probably saw some woman out with her nephew. Get your mind out of the gutter. Were they kissing? I doubt it. I am old enough to be your father, and I can count on one hand the number of times I have witnessed an Honest to God May/December romance flaunted for public consumption. I myself have been in a few, when I was 24 I dated a woman who was 38. If you had seen us in a restaurant, you would not have gone YUCK. There was nothing exceptional about her appearance or mine, that would have caused you to give us a second look... except maybe for the fact that she was very white and I am rather black. As for the others... we didn't go out much and flaunt ourselves around. Most modern Cougars do their hunting on cruise ships and at Caribbean resorts. I doubt you get many opportunities to be grossed out at the disgusting spectacle of ordinary people having more fun than you are.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Poor you. You probably saw some woman out with her nephew. Get your mind out of the gutter. Were they kissing? I doubt it. I am old enough to be your father, and I can count on one hand the number of times I have witnessed an Honest to God May/December romance flaunted for public consumption. I myself have been in a few, when I was 24 I dated a woman who was 38. If you had seen us in a restaurant, you would not have gone YUCK. There was nothing exceptional about her appearance or mine, that would have caused you to give us a second look... except maybe for the fact that she was very white and I am rather black. As for the others... we didn't go out much and flaunt ourselves around. Most modern Cougars do their hunting on cruise ships and at Caribbean resorts. I doubt you get many opportunities to be grossed out at the disgusting spectacle of ordinary people having more fun than you are.

H
Funny story. When my and my cougar got serious, I brought her up to a popular restaurant here on Clearwater Beach to meet my family and a couple close friends. As we were leaving, I put my arms around her and remember catching a few people giving curious glances. There was even one table full of middle age women close by, and I heard one of them say "look at what she snagged".

The cougar feigned embarrassment, but deep down she was quite proud.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:37 AM

301 posts, read 329,273 times
I don't get it either. I don't get what can physically attract younger men in older women. It's unnatural. Most of them go for cash. Those who tend to say they REALLY like old women (which I can't believe anyway) must have some kind of mental illness IMO. There are very few women who look really good at ages of 38 and older. Meanwhile this is just the age difference thing that would mentally disgust me. I'm not a guy though. But I don't see myself with a man 20 years older than me yet most of men still look good at 40, when age difference between an older woman and a younger man is very noticeable. Maybe it's just a psychological barrier but I agree with Pink Bunny

Old 03-18-2013, 12:16 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird13 View Post
I don't get it either. I don't get what can physically attract younger men in older women. It's unnatural. Most of them go for cash. Those who tend to say they REALLY like old women (which I can't believe anyway) must have some kind of mental illness IMO. There are very few women who look really good at ages of 38 and older. Meanwhile this is just the age difference thing that would mentally disgust me. I'm not a guy though. But I don't see myself with a man 20 years older than me yet most of men still look good at 40, when age difference between an older woman and a younger man is very noticeable. Maybe it's just a psychological barrier but I agree with Pink Bunny
You are entitled to your opinion. That's only what it is though. A recent ex and I got along quite well but she had a really hard time understanding anyone who didn't react to things exactly the way she did. She was constantly asking me why people did this, that or the other thing. She just couldn't accept that people could really, really like something that totally turned her off. There are PLENTY of women who look really good at ages a lot older than 38. Interesting that you think men look better than women at 40. When I'm at the gym I see many more women there than men. Cash enters things when the age difference is greater than 25 years. And that's only when the man is older. Women in America are not socialized to pay for male companionship. Period. If you are a young male stud muffin looking for a Sugar Mama to be your meal ticket, you have quite a lot of work ahead. If you do strike gold you better do some real saving while the strike is hot. I suspect though that the most of the relatively few older women dating younger men are paying for it in any significant way ... other than emotionally. I doubt enough of them can simply relax and take one day at a time. They're worried about him cheating, or what their friends think or STD's. Valid concerns maybe, but things that are issues in ANY relationship and things that can be ameliorated with communication. I've had more older women refuse to date me than I can count. Most are way too afraid to even try it. Oh well... I'm too old now to worry about it. My SO is two years younger than I am. Its the first time in my life I've been with a woman younger than me.

H

Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridol2005 View Post
I just dont get why very young men are interested in dating women who are in their 40s and 50s. Can you guys explain it please.

1. Because you can have all the sex you want without any fear or her getting pregnant.
2. Older women have their own money, and usually they're very generous with it with younger men.
3. Older women are less egotistical because they don't command the same attention as a younger women.
4. Older women treat younger hunks with respect and admiration.

On a side note, I was told that when NBA players enter the league, some of them who have good guidance are told go after OLDER women (45+) for the reasons listed above.

Anyhow, I have seen many women who are over 40 who are HOT! As long as a woman takes care of her health, eats right, and stays in shape woman today can look good well into their early 50's.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:52 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
I was out with a group of friends this weekend, mostly women from 30 to 45. A younger guy, about 23 was at their table when I arrived. I went outside where he was having a smoke. He asked if I had dibs on any of the women at our table? I replied "No". He said that he just didn't want any conflict while he was out cougar hunting. I asked him how the hunting was going and he said he didn't know yet but would try to bag one of the women at our table tonight. I just chuckled to myself thinking "This guy is getting nowhere tonight", and he didn't

Old 03-18-2013, 12:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Yeah it's not like old man hunting.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:47 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridol2005 View Post
I just dont get why very young men are interested in dating women who are in their 40s and 50s. Can you guys explain it please.

whats the difference between a younger guy dating a older women and older guy dating a younger woman? Women have been dating older guy forever without question so why are we questioning young men who prefer to date older women?.......Personally i prefer a older guy but no more than 15 years

Old 03-18-2013, 02:24 PM

301 posts, read 329,273 times
Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion. That's only what it is though. A recent ex and I got along quite well but she had a really hard time understanding anyone who didn't react to things exactly the way she did. She was constantly asking me why people did this, that or the other thing. She just couldn't accept that people could really, really like something that totally turned her off. There are PLENTY of women who look really good at ages a lot older than 38.
I don't know about the US older women. They do lots of plastic surgery there so I suppose they may look like a miracle even at 70.

Quote:
Interesting that you think men look better than women at 40. When I'm at the gym I see many more women there than men.
Here some men at 50 look better than some women at 30. Depends on what they do for a living I guess.

Quote:
Cash enters things when the age difference is greater than 25 years. And that's only when the man is older.
Nah. No. Will never believe. 7 years that's it. Further goes only cash. If you are not such a person you must be a lonely exception.

Quote:
I suspect though that the most of the relatively few older women dating younger men are paying for it in any significant way ... other than emotionally. I doubt enough of them can simply relax and take one day at a time. They're worried about him cheating, or what their friends think or STD's. Valid concerns maybe, but things that are issues in ANY relationship and things that can be ameliorated with communication. I've had more older women refuse to date me than I can count. Most are way too afraid to even try it.
Here my point is, from your own words you can see them notice it is unnatural. They are afraid and worried cause they know younger men can cheat them with younger girls. Because naturally in the most of cases younger women attract men of all ages, not the way back. They are attracted to younger men, I understand. But they have to keep their heads on your shoulders. It's statistics. Only 10% of all men dating older women really like them (I don't believe it but as far as the women they date have no cash I guess liking can be the only explanation), while the other 90% percent just want cash/apartment/whatever else
they can get.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
whats the difference between a younger guy dating a older women and older guy dating a younger woman? Women have been dating older guy forever without question so why are we questioning young men who prefer to date older women?.......Personally i prefer a older guy but no more than 15 years
"whats the difference between a younger guy dating a older women "
I know a few of these that work, where the younger guy is a little alternative and not a Testosterone charged young guy. Then there's the cougar bagger example that I observed above, which is more about short term sexual conquest and bragging rights.

Maybe the Stereotypical older man/younger women is more apt to turn into a long term relationship and the Older Woman/ Younger man is more apt to be a one nighter. I'm not talking about all cases as my step dad is closer to my age than my mothers, but he was pretty nerdy and would have never used the word Cougar in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships